Crucible of Worlds

N

Notepad

Here, Spidey, I need you to take a vision test.

*puts on shades and raises a pen-looking thing with a red light*

Now just look into this light and let me know if you see anything strange, okay?

T

train

Crucible combos... All with Zuran Orb and Fastbond... ;)

weenies - Kjeldoran Outpost and a plains - recur recur recur...

Beefy - 2 Mishra's Factories - activate one, pump, sac pumper, play, pump, sac, pump, sac pump... or Centaur Garden, Daru encampment, ...

Au Naturale - gaea's cradle - tap, sac, play, tap, sac, play...

Rainbows - Gemstone Mines... Depletion lands - originals... Rainbow vales & undiscovered paradise...(w.o. drawback)

Ping - Barbarian Ring...

Sifting - any of the sac/search lands...

Black's Tolarian academy - Lake of the Dead, or Cabal Coffers

Dry spell - Dust Bowl... Strip Mine...

Nanny-nanny-boo-boo - Glacial Chasm

Overtime - Mishra's Workshop...

Blessed - Nomad Stadium...

N

Notepad

This card looks to be quite the abusive little sucker in casual games, it seems. :eek:

T

train

Yeah... when black can drain life you to death with 3 lands(max) on the table - something's wrong...;)

"I never saw it coming..."
"Saw what?!"
"exactly..."

D

DeathMaster666

Time to get that playset of Wastelands. Sylvan Scrying can search for the Strip Mine if they are not playing Nonbasics. This might be a good casual deck, especially if I can get my hands on some good green aggro. Aggro + Landkill is mean.

T

train

I'm actively trying to pick up some of these lands now - just to run them with plenty of crucibles...;)

O

orgg

I have no idea HOW that card was made instead of Nightstalker's coolness that he submitted.

:(

It's abusive, not very interesting, and not creative at all.

R

Rooser

Hey, if you're looking for a toolbox, I think it is oft overlooked that Living Wish can grab lands too. If you did this, then you'd have access to silver bullet creatures as well. Just a thought.

T

train

Good point rooser - I usually wish for PHATness... but in a crucible deck - it would work great for land-mans..:cool:

S

shadow_acid

saaaay, i wonder. . .

can you cycle lands over and over with the crucible?????:confused:

T

train

No you cannot...

cycling requires the discarding of the card as part of the activation cost - the cards are not in your hand to be discarded - but you can play them as though they were in your hand...

In this case(lands) "play" means - put into play...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I even read (well, scanned) the first couple posts of the thread to see if it was covered and missed the discard stuff about the Mongrel... :eek:

T

train

hopefully spidey's not getting senile...

"One could easily get lost in Baltimore/D.C.!"