CPA Voting Issues: 7th's Power Artifact

T

terzarima

Personally, I would love to see Nevynirral's disk reprinted(I don't care if its spelt wrong, I'm too lazy to go into my rares right now), its kind of like Obliterate, for every color. Its reasonably made, so that the opponent has a chance to find a card to destroy it in a turn, but if they don't... ...BOOM!!!

But on another topic, what if the disk is the Artifact Karn is talking about that can save the world? Eh? Pretty spiffy...

Now about this battle wagon...

L

lilpinhead

The artifact that id most like to see reprinted is Metallic Sliver. THAT is the power artifact of the century baby. oh yeah! just like my favourite land....advenurers Guildhouse.....man i love that thing....

I

Istanbul

Cursed Scroll should not come back. It's a card that rewards an empty hand with a nigh-unpreventable, first-turn, steady source of two damage each turn. It never should have been printed in the first place.

Mox Diamond should not come back. In a decent deck, discarding a land is a pitiful drawback when you can get two mana on the first turn. I'm of the opinion that 0-CC cards are a fairly poor idea in general, but Mox Diamond is one of the worst.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If the card is better suited for today's environment than it was in the past, then there's no reason why it shouldn't come back. Specifically, Cursed Scroll was too good in Rath's fast environment, but is there any guarantee it'll be as effective now? It's the same argument I've always asked and no one has been able to give me a definitive answer.

I

Istanbul

It'll be *extremely* effective. If it comes back, expect to see every Fires deck run four. In fact, expect to see EVERY deck that empties its hand fast run four. That's its intrinsic problem...fast decks are already a challenge, Cursed Scroll kicks them into overdrive.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
finally, a specific deck. I didn't realize it regularly empties it's hand by turn 4 (in fact, I was under the impression that most current decks DON'T do that, due to all the "the current sets have slowed down the environment" messages). If that's the case, then it probably shouldn't come back.