CPA Set Misdmaster games

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Anyone interested in playing Mindmaster with the CPA Set of cards?
Spiderman can generate boosters.
Limited?
DF?
KJ?
Spidey?
EB?

L

Limited

I'm up for it too! (eventhough there are some really broken cards in the set ;))

D

DarthFerret

Spidey...on your booster generator, so far, it appears that mooseman and I have 2 cards that are identical to each others....is that a common occurance?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll generate boosters for Limited and Ransac.

DF: Yes. I'm not sure if it's the case with Suitcase in general since I use Apprentice to generate boosters in other Mindmaster games, but a lot of duplicate cards seem to get generated. There was a time when your cards only differed by a couple commons, the rare, and an uncommon! Believe me, I kept generating until I got a (hopefully) minimal amount of duplicates.

EDIT: Ah, I see the "problem". There's only about 15 commons in the set, so of course duplicates are going to show up.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
EDIT: Ah, I see the "problem". There's only about 15 commons in the set, so of course duplicates are going to show up.
There are about 100 commons in the file I posted to the Yahoo account.
Did you use the file titled CPA Set 10-31-06.xls?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I did.... I see what the problem is. The database convertor guy only sent my 90 cards back out of 200+. I'll contact him and see what happened.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
So.... since we're basically playing with the same commons, are we holding off on any other games until we get the rest?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yeah, give these a shot for now.

Remember, If anyone sees a card that is real broke or totally useless, post a comment and it can be fixed.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just an update: I contacted the guy and he said there was some import/conversion problem that only grabbed 90 cards. He hasn't gotten back to me about what kind of error to see if it's fixable.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
New update: He wrote down the error message but I didn't copy it for here; will try to do that later. But looking at the Excel file, it doesn't seem to be in a consistent "format"; the cells are shaped oddly, like #235 has a bunch of white space and the flavor text is only a couple of words wide so the column is really long. Is it possible to get the file in a consistent format?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Do you want it in a comma delimited file?
The column width shouldn't make any difference. The whitespace could be a problem.
I try to work on it.

EDIT: I put another file in the yahoo account. see if that's any better.