CPA Member Trivia...

D

Darsh

I know everyone got it right but he said there could be more than one answer, I was just wondering if your's was the same as mine.

G

Gerode

I said that Sidar Jabari was the only one who hadn't signed up in year 2000.

And I am STILL waiting for Istanbul to finish his Card Trivia contest that is NOT finished and that I am winning in.

T

theorgg

Here's what my answer(s) were. It was in two parts for the reason that 300 words is the max a PM can be.

Part 1

The List
1.Gizmo
2.Django
3.YellowJacket
4.Whimsical
5.Purple Jester
6.Sidar Jabari

WOW. That looks to be easy enough. It seems to be easy enough to discribe why EACH of theese is the one that doesn't belong. Let's start first with the last. Hopefully extra credit is possible. ;)

Sidar Jabari: This guy is a sore thumb due to he being the ONLY one on the list to have an actual Magic card printed that shares his name, similar to me being (the) Orgg. This was my first thought. Here is his text from yavapaiopen for our (bad joke alert, also latin related) "sex"-y friend:
Sidar Jabari
Set: Mirage
Color: White
Rarity: Rare
Type: Creature - Summon Legend
Cost: 3W
P/T: 2/2
Artist: Gerry Grace
Released: 10/1996
Card Text: Flanking. If Sidar Jabari attacks, tap target creature defending player controls.
Errata: 2/2, Flanking. ; Whenever ~this~ attacks, tap target creature defending player controls. [Oracle 99/07/01]
Flavor Text: Prophecy is whatever one makes of it, but destiny cannot be changed." --Sidar Jabari

and now let me test the

Now on to number five, Our friend Purple Jester.

Since you said that it ISN"T sex-based, that discounts the fact that she is a girl. name-wise, she is the only one on the list to have an adjetive that does NOT commonly modify the noun after it. Granted, you could possibly have a jester that was painted purple, or that has choked to death; however, a jester is not a common object in the modern day world, and an actual one that is the color purple is even more unlikly.

Number Four: Whimsical.

This is another one that I find easy. Whimsical, the word, is the only word on the list that can be used both as an adjetive and a noun. For the latter's example: My friend is very whimsical. He'll say he wants to play one game, then on hardly any notice, change his mind.
For the latter, as an adjetive, I really liked your whimsical dance, ballarina-lady. Would you do it a little dirtier dance with me?

:), again, just joking around. No offense ment.
[next part coming in one second. PM program cut me off]
Part ][][

Numero threeo: YellowJacket.
Well, this is the only member whose handle is the name of an actual real-life animal. If you wnat more, he's the only member whose namesake has stung me in the ass before. :{ ). This would have been my second guess untill I realized you were looking for rationale on any of the choices. I'm giving you rationale for every one of them in case extra credit will be given for each rational answer.

pile #2am, Django.

This is the only name on the list presented that is the title of a movie. Django, from allmovies.com(and again use an untested trick):

ummm... or not. they have blocked access to pictures w/o their accompanying article... sorry.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sergio Corbucci crafted one of the most popular and widely imitated of the Italian "spaghetti westerns" of the 1960s with this violent but stylish action saga. A mysterious man named Django (Franco Nero) arrives in a Mexican border town dragging a small coffin behind him. When he attempts to save a woman who is being attacked by a group of bandits, he finds himself in the middle of a conflict between Mexican gangsters and racist Yankee thugs, with the innocent townspeople and a fortune in Mexican gold stuck somewhere in between. Django becomes a force to be reckoned with when it's discovered his coffin actually contains a Gatling gun. Django proved so popular in Europe that over 30 sequels and follow-ups were produced, though Franco Nero would not return to the role until 1987's Django 2: Il Grande Ritorno (the only sequel endorsed by Corbucci}, which proved to be the last film in the series.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for the Number One slot:

Gizmo. The word chosen to represent David Sutcliff(e?) is the only one on the list to be a word commonly used as a generic technological/inventionary term. A gizmo is anything that can be used for a perpose(sp?), according to dictionariesonline.net.

Sic Semper,

-The Orgg

Hopefully you'll be nice and let this part(that got cut off by the PM system) be a part of my first submission...
And there it is. If every answer would have counted for six like I was hoping, that would have thrust me into winning with Sageridder...
and have made DUke owe me an Arabian Nights Mountain... :(

Oh well-- better luck next time.. If there IS a next time...