CPA Forum Avatars

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

To be honest, I doubt we've ever had more than 50 active posters ever (defined as posting once a day) and 100 semi-active posters (post once a week).
we have quality not quantity.

N

Nightstalkers

and isn't it wonderful!!! if only people would be more like us... with the hanging on of things. (like bitter grudges!)

N

Nightstalkers

Well, if this site ever goes poor and starts charging they should let us original members off the hook... since we don't have anything to do with the slum in traffic.

Come on! We tell anyone we find thats interested in Magic and other such typing to come to the CPA. Even off the streets.

Kinda fun it is

Ferret

Staff member
You know, I'm content w/ the number of "active" users we have here. I've often found the bigger something gets the less intimate it feels.

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but when I was playing The Sims Online I saw new people come into the game every day - very few of them stay, because there's so many people there that it can be a bit overwhelming.

Also, I've noticed that when large groups of people get together they start to take us sides, give themselves cute little names, and start taking themselves way too seriously. For thost that remember the Dojo, remember all of the teams that used to post together? All of them saying the exact same thing; openly attacking each other in articles, and for the most part reminding me of kids I used to see in high school. Thank you, no. We're doing just fine the way we are. If I'm not mistaken, we've outlasted the Dojo and our influence is still pretty vast.

-Ferret

"...come join the Ferret Crowd - everyone gets a free armband..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The number of active users is fine, it's just that not a lot of them still play Magic. For a Magic site, this place is sorely lacking in Magic-related talk. About the only bright spot is that numerous online games have developed and been played in the last 6 months or so. But the Magic-related forums have a dearth of content.

Basically Ed is just maintaining a community forum at this point, like any of the Yahoo Groups or something.

Ferret

Staff member
Well, if anything we have a comunity forum that still uses Magic as the backbone...there's more to life than MTG.

-Ferret

"Really? like what?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's true. But my understanding is that that's not how this site started out - it was for Magic, not the community with Magic as just "one of the interests". Granted, it has evolved so that we have several non-Magic forums, but I don't think we should forget Magic as the primary reason for coming here and I would hate to see it go.

Ferret

Staff member
Of course not. I still love the game - even if I haven't bought any cards in years. I'm still aware of the cards that are coming out and love to talk about them...but I don't like to visit a site and have it be so one-dimensional. My brain needs inspiration :)

-Ferret

"..MMmmmmm...Donut!"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's fine, although my personal opinion (I don't know how the other Founders/admins feel) is that until the mission of the CPA changes, the Magic discussions should be paramount. So pretty much everything Off-Topic should stay in off-topic, except for explosively decisive topics like politics :) New forums like Writing or whatever is just fluff, will be underused (IMO), and is not necessary :)

N

Nightstalkers

We completely agree with spidey on the fact that writing will never boost hits any. In fact, we could lose people if we just set up whatever writing forum people wanted. So far the one that we have was inactive for about two weeks until a pink buddy came to save the day.

In the best interests of the CPA we think that there should be openly acknowledge the fact that we have M:TG gaming or whatever. In most cases we have lost our writing edge in the fact that we have nothing, nadda, zip. We have the same people submitting articles on cheating and otherwise but noone to bring us the good stuff like new sets, information, and interviews.

We will die out if we don't bring something to this site that is unique, and in perspective with that of the players. Not to mention whatever those guys up at mtgnews.com have...

*Patriotic anthem begins to play*

Thy fellow bretheren, hear mine true thoughts on which has to come. Follow the path of inactivity if you wish, but let our precious CPA fill to the brim with crowds of people who want to play their games, find players in their area, and take on new challenges for liberty! Freedom! and strength over, lunch. :confused: Yay! be back in about fifteen minutes.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It might be time to revist the idea of making the CPA more akin to "general gaming", especially since the people who said they were against it don't seem to be doing much to promote Magic. I know Rando was interested in writing articles about other types of games, but I'm not sure if he's really still around.

T

train

Seems like Rando comes around every now and then...

Maybe if Rando picked up that we were looking for writings on other games Rando'd be around more often...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Its not lack of interest that keeps rando sporatic, its his access to computers. He seems to knocked out of the loop as soon as he comes back. I for one would like to finish an RPG at some point:D

N

Nightstalkers

Questor Thews: And I be want'in to get back to that there forum as well. If it hadn't been for my keen powers over the magical weave, I could have laughed at all of you and had fun elsewhere.

Yea, okay... whatever.

It seems like a great idea but I have a Nightstalker reporting from Indiana saying that he doesn't have anywhere to play magic! Why can't the CPA have a kind of players checklist? ever been to mtgcraft.com before their revamp and you would know what I mean about player lookup services.

Needless to say Magic players are just a dying breed and we need to bring it back. like the days of Invasion!

N

Nightstalkers

If we can't use teh command to post pics from other sites up on here, what makes you think [b]Ed[/b] would let us have our very own avatars?

Makes you think what other great ideas someone might come up with.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If there were avatars, it's probably just be a "pre-approved" list or something.

But there aren't any so it really doesn't matter.