CPA eras

D

Duel

I'm right in the mix. Coming in well before the new faces, like Duke, and after the old ones, like yellowjacket (I got on when Yellowjacket was locked out of his CPA ID) I got in to the CPA with some of the now old members, like spidey.

thing is, I was never cool enough for them.

Besides, it really isn't about when you joined. Duke's practically an old member, and he's new. (I hope that made more sense to you than it did to me)
see?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Duel: Watcha talkin' 'bout, "never too cool for them"? Huh?

As Gizmo said, it's more on how and what you post that any "joined date" or number of posts. The number of posts might raise visibility but if they're crappy then people just aren't going to take you seriously.

DUke: Although I have to take a slight exception to your "blending" post. I think it's more a matter of blending in with the TONE of the boards, not blending in with the "attitude" of the boards. Hmm, it's hard to explain... let's just say that there's a difference between coming to a board and posting right away and then asking people "Huh? What do you mean?" when they reply back because you don't know how the nature of their personas, as opposed to lurking quietly for a while, replying here and there and getting to know members that way.

Killer Joe

I'm from the "US" era! We, the cyber people of the CPA! Who cares when anyone joined, you're here now and that's all that matters. :)
Now, just try leaving us and then, things'll get ugly, ;).
DUke, it's been a long time since we posted to each other, how've you been? :) I have been bopping back and forth to MTGnews every now and again. It's kinda different now, or, am I different now?
There's this guy over there with a wicked hot temper named 'Mrfranswa', man, he and I hooked-up in one thread and it was kinda 'ugly' :(
I guess I just sometimes rub people the wrong way, se la vie!
Have I ever mentioned to you that I know Ally personally? She's smart and funny and an excellent musician. I applaud her for her ability to "speak-out" on issues and not care what others think. I'll bet if you talked to her face to face you guys would get along <um, I think I should've PM'd you with this conversation, oops!>
Later! :)

F

FoundationOfRancor

Yes, there are two different age groups in the cpa. It doesent matter, its like saying half of them like green and the other half like red. Its a fact. No big deal.

Comments

Spiderman: Your right

Duke: Your paranoid.

Gizmo: Your right, but I do think there are two distinct groups.

Ransac: Stop your babble!

J

Jaws10387

If they are distinct then what group am I? I don't get this whole era thing. There are like 15 that overlap. Like the ____onfire thing.

D

dw51688

...In beliefs, not anyone believes they are alike with any other in any way...

A

Almindhra

YJ...Yes, yes, I am wonderful...:D...But if I ever saw that kid face to face and tried to have a conversation with him, after 5 mins I'd have my arms crossed and steam coming out of my ears...Then 2 mins later I'd probably slug him and walk away...

Now watch, theres going to be some pathetic reply with how emotionaly distressed I am...And with various "philosophical" sentences...

D

DÛke

How's you doin' man!
It's been so long since we've talked I know!
Since you're talk wasn't on PM, I'll talk to you here too:). Man, I've been busy lately, and I really wanna sit and have a little talk, atleast about U/B, since you're into it now.:)
Comes the weekend, and you shall recieve my PM of friendship. By the way, MTGnews has really, really, gone down since I've last seen it! All they talk about is "drugs", "homosexuals", "sex", and all that random stuff; or atleast, that's what they do in "The Lobby".

I'm glad I'm in the CPA now, thanks to you, YellowJacket, and Purple Girl.

Thank you.:)

D

Duel

Yeah, I know. This is the only site where the messageboards are the main attraction, as opposed to the articles.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in the exact same boat as Ura, I think. And on the question of having 2 distinct groups here, I have to agree, but that's changing too.

I'll explain.

When the CPA was founded last year most of our members joined for very specific reasons. We did not like the direction our game, Magic, was going in, and we had resolved to do something about it. Hence, the Casual Players Alliance was born.

We had differing reasons for joining, to be sure. Personally, I did not like what Urza's block did to the game, and I really hated some of the rules changes instituted by 6th Edition. The Waylay ruling was the catalyst for most of the Founders, if I remember right.

Now, that's water under the bridge. Nobody (and I mean NOBODY!) cares about the Waylay thing anymore, most everyone who had problems with 6th ed. rules has either reconciled themselves with them or quit the game altogether, and the last 2 blocks have been so lame no one will ever confuse them with Urza's.

In other words, there's nothing left to bitch about.

In the meantime, we've managed to settle into quite the coffee house atmosphere here, so naturally most everyone who's joined lately isn't really into the issues surrounding the game like we were. We've rather turned into a community of friends who have one main thing in common, the game of Magic.

And, as is the nature of friends/friend relationships, when that one thing becomes less important to a friend, then that friend will tend to drift away.

As I find myself drifting.

So please, don't take it as an insult when I don't reply to your posts. It's not that I don't consider your words to have meaning, or that I think they're unimportant. It's simply the fact that life is taking me to other interests right now - interests that don't eat up $300 plus a year in upkeep (pun intended), and the best I can manage to give you all right now is a promise to continue moderating the boards.

We all give what we can, I guess. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You pretty much confirmed for me what was in my mind, at least concerning you and I can extrapolate it to the other Founders or those who had joined early in the year, why you're not as active. I have to agree in that there really hasn't been anything to complain about in the world of Magic lately, and without that driving force you just don't have the original ties that was behind the CPA.

Of course, most of the old folks were on the Dojo boards before that and we didn't have a group then, just a common interest in Magic like everyone has here now. But I can understand how interests can "wax and wane", if you will :), regarding Magic.

N

NeuroDeus

I signed up just before dw[insert number here] aka Dennis so im in his era.

A

arhar

Well, I joined in January 2000, and that obviously makes me better than 99% of people in here. The other thing is that I'm just a better person. So, please, next you write something that is intended for my eyes, start it with "lord arhar", or "sir arhar", something like that. That goes for everyone that joined after me, of course.

As for people that joined before me, well, I guess you're more important than me :( But the good thing is, there are so few of you! :D

Signing off

arhar, one of the oldest (and better) members of CPA

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we joined in the same month but I'm too lazy to look up your profile the exact day so just to make sure:

SIR LORD ARHAR SIR!

:D