Conflux Preview Cards

M

mythosx

Spiderman;277794 said:
Here's the link to Mike Flores's article and the card; I got confused because I thought you were commenting on a past card :)
Sorry about that. I guess I jumped the gun...But I'm hoping anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but Path to Exile is much better than a swords to plowshares since it is probably be used best in a fast white beats deck. It doesn't have the draw back of giving your opponent a little more life to last just one more turn to get an answer. The extra land may pose a problem if you start hitting one drops but I don't see why you would ever target a one drop with such a powerful spell.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The other advantage it has is hitting your own creatures after stacking damage, fetching yourself a land and thinning your deck.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd say it's a little bit better, but they're functionally equivalent in most cases. The life gain is usually negligible and sometimes it isn't. Fetching a basic land will probably also be mostly negligible and sometimes not. If there's a problem, it won't be that this is better than Swords. It will be that this gives players up to eight slots of Swords. In Legacy, this could really matter.

M

mythosx

I think your absolutely right oversoul. Wizards does this sometimes. They made a claim and once in a while they put out a set that breaks those claims.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If you read Rosewater's design columns, that's nothing new... he's never said that a "claim" is set in stone...