Conflux Preview Cards

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I didn't see anything I particularly liked except three of those...

Sigil of the Empty Throne: Remember Auratog/Rancor or Claws of Gix/Despondency? While this is expensive, it makes those old tricks even more awesome.

Martial Coup: Nifty. A lot of white control decks used to sweep the board and then follow up with some big creatures or mass token generation. This cuts that concept down to one card.

Nyxathid: Wow. In a monoblack discard deck, this thing would be a 7/7 for only three mana.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oversoul;276900 said:
Martial Coup: Nifty. A lot of white control decks used to sweep the board and then follow up with some big creatures or mass token generation. This cuts that concept down to one card.
Yeah, this was the one that jumped out at me..... I don't really play much white, but this could get me to try...... It reminded me of the cycle part of Decree of Justice combined with Plague Wind......

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That Nicol Bolas planeswalker would tear through an opponent quickly, but it's way too expensive to be viable.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Jenna Helland's card

"Protection from everything" means the following:
  • Progenitus can't be blocked.
  • Progenitus can't be enchanted or equipped.
  • Progenitus can't be the target of spells or abilities.
  • All damage that would be dealt to Progenitus is prevented.
Progenitus can still be affected by effects that don't target it or deal damage to it (such as Wrath of God).

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Noel deCordova's card

Master Transmuter FAQ
  • Returning an artifact you control to its owner's hand is part of the cost of Master Transmuter's activated ability. Paying a cost can't be responded to (with Naturalize, for example).
  • Since Master Transmuter is an artifact, you may return Master Transmuter itself to your hand. If you do, the rest of the ability will still work normally.
  • The artifact card you put into play when the ability resolves may be the same card that you returned to your hand when you paid the cost. If so, it returns to play as a new object with no relation to its previous existence.

Attachments

R

rokapoke

Re: Master Transmuter

Does anybody else think it's stupid that you can have an "Artifact Creature -- Human"?

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of being human?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
rokapoke;277218 said:
Re: Master Transmuter

Does anybody else think it's stupid that you can have an "Artifact Creature -- Human"?

Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of being human?
I don't like the artifacts that are not colorless....... seems kind of stupid....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I dislike the colored artifacts myself, but some of them are very powerful and I'd use one in a deck without any qualms.

"Protection from everything" sounds dumb, but Progenitus itself actually looks pretty good. I can see this being used in much the same way as Darksteel Colossus, except you can't Tinker it in or generate a ton of colorless mana and hardcast it. But it's unblockable and can't be hit with Swords to Plowshares.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Planar Void works with it either, because it's just a triggered ability while the Progenitus has a replacement ability. I think something like Worship and keeping it on the board would be one of the few defenses against this thing :)