Commander 2019: Spidey (Primal Genesis) vs Mooseman (Mystic Intellect)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Beast dies.

Feldon of the Third Path, triggering the Worldsoul
Farseek, triggering the Worldsoul, and getting a Mt

Done

Spidey: 17
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 4
Library: 71
Command Zone (cast once): 2RGW Ghired, Conclave Exile (Legendary Creature-Human Shaman; 2/5; When ~ ETB, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token w/trample.; Whenever ~ attacks, populate. The token ETB tapped and attacking (To populate, create a token that's a copy of a creature token I control))
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Plains x3
(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(U) Gruul Turf (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add RG to my mana pool)
(T) Blossoming Sands (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)

Colossal Majesty (At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a creature with power 4 or greater, draw a card)
Song of the Worldsoul (Whenever I cast a spell, populate)

(U) Mimic Vat (Imprint-Whenever a nontoken creature dies, I may exile that card. If I do, return each other card exiled with ~ to its owners graveyard.; 3, T: Create a token that's a copy of a card exiled with ~. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step)

(T,A) Rhino creature token (4/4; Trample)
(S) Rhino creature token (4/4; Trample)
(U) Roc Egg (0/3; Defender; When ~ dies, create a 3/3 white Bird creature token w/flying)
(U) Heart-Piercer Manticore (4/3; When ~ ETB, I may sac another creature. If I do, ~ deals dmg equal to that creature's power to any target.; Embalm 5R (5R, Exile this card from my graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white Zombie Manticore w/no mana cost. Embalm only as a sorcery))
(S) Feldon of the Third Path (2/3; 2R, T: Create a token that's a copy of target creature card in my graveyard, except it's an artifact in addition to its other types. It gains haste. Sac it at the beginning of the next end step)

Graveyard: Soul Foundry, Krosan Verge, Beast Within, Farseek
Exile: Atla Palani-Nest Tender
===================================================================================
Mooseman: 20
Library: 78
Command Zone (cast once): 2URW Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to ~. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) Azorius Chancery (, L, ~ ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)
(T) Prairie Stream (Plains Island, L, ETB Tapped, unless you control 2 or more basic lands. T:U or W)
(U) Izzet Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB Tapped. T: U or R)

Ghostly Prison (E, Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays 2 for each creature they control that's attacking you. )

(U) Pramikon, Sky Rampart (Wall, 1/5, flying and defender. Chose Left. Your opponents can only attack the opponent next to them in that direction.)
(U) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, ~ deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Ray of Distortion(FB 4WW), Faithless Looting (FB:2R),Divine Reckoning (FB: 5WW), Mass Diminish (FB:3U), Fervent Denial (FB:5UU), Mandate of Peace, Farm // Market(Aftermath 2U), Wall of Stolen Identity
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Plains
Dusk
Response?

Spidey: 17
Command Zone (cast once): 2RGW Ghired, Conclave Exile (Legendary Creature-Human Shaman; 2/5; When ~ ETB, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token w/trample.; Whenever ~ attacks, populate. The token ETB tapped and attacking (To populate, create a token that's a copy of a creature token I control))
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Plains x3
(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(U) Gruul Turf (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add RG to my mana pool)
(T) Blossoming Sands (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)

Colossal Majesty (At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control a creature with power 4 or greater, draw a card)

(U) Mimic Vat (Imprint-Whenever a nontoken creature dies, I may exile that card. If I do, return each other card exiled with ~ to its owners graveyard.; 3, T: Create a token that's a copy of a card exiled with ~. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step)

(U) Roc Egg (0/3; Defender; When ~ dies, create a 3/3 white Bird creature token w/flying)
(U) Heart-Piercer Manticore (4/3; When ~ ETB, I may sac another creature. If I do, ~ deals dmg equal to that creature's power to any target.; Embalm 5R (5R, Exile this card from my graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white Zombie Manticore w/no mana cost. Embalm only as a sorcery))
(S) Feldon of the Third Path (2/3; 2R, T: Create a token that's a copy of target creature card in my graveyard, except it's an artifact in addition to its other types. It gains haste. Sac it at the beginning of the next end step)

Exile: Atla Palani-Nest Tender
===================================================================================
Hand: 3
Library: 77
Command Zone (cast once): 2URW Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to ~. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(U) Azorius Chancery (, L, ~ ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)
(T) Prairie Stream (Plains Island, L, ETB Tapped, unless you control 2 or more basic lands. T:U or W)

Ghostly Prison (E, Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays 2 for each creature they control that's attacking you. )

(U) Pramikon, Sky Rampart (Wall, 1/5, flying and defender. Chose Left. Your opponents can only attack the opponent next to them in that direction.)
(U) Guttersnipe (Goblin Shaman, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, ~ deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Ray of Distortion(FB 4WW), Faithless Looting (FB:2R),Divine Reckoning (FB: 5WW), Mass Diminish (FB:3U), Fervent Denial (FB:5UU), Mandate of Peace, Farm // Market(Aftermath 2U), Wall of Stolen Identity, Dusk/Dawn(AM:3WW)
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You take two from the Guttersnipe

Done

Spidey: 15
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Plains x3
(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T,T) Mt x3

Exile: Atla Palani-Nest Tender, Heart-Piercer Manticore (Vaulted)
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(U) Azorius Chancery (, L, ~ ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Ray of Distortion(FB 4WW), Faithless Looting (FB:2R),Divine Reckoning (FB: 5WW), Mass Diminish (FB:3U), Fervent Denial (FB:5UU), Mandate of Peace, Farm // Market(Aftermath 2U), Wall of Stolen Identity, Dusk/Dawn(AM:3WW)
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Use the Vat to create a copy of the Manticore, thus targeting the Roc Egg
Ghired, triggering Worldsong
Myriad Landscape

Done

Spidey: 15
Library: 70
Command Zone (cast twice): 2RGW
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Plains x3
(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(U) Blossoming Sands (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)
(T) Myriad Landscape (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T, sac ~: Search my library for up to two basic land cards that share a land type, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library)

(T) Mimic Vat (Imprint-Whenever a nontoken creature dies, I may exile that card. If I do, return each other card exiled with ~ to its owners graveyard.; 3, T: Create a token that's a copy of a card exiled with ~. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step)

(S) Bird creature token (3/3; Flying)
(U) Feldon of the Third Path (2/3; 2R, T: Create a token that's a copy of target creature card in my graveyard, except it's an artifact in addition to its other types. It gains haste. Sac it at the beginning of the next end step)
(S) Ghired, Conclave Exile (Legendary Creature-Human Shaman; 2/5; When ~ ETB, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token w/trample.; Whenever ~ attacks, populate. The token ETB tapped and attacking (To populate, create a token that's a copy of a creature token I control))
(S) Rhino creature token (4/4)

Graveyard: Soul Foundry, Krosan Verge, Beast Within, Farseek, Roc Egg
Exile: Atla Palani-Nest Tender, Heart-Piercer Manticore (Vated)
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Mountain

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow, I'm not doing to well......
EOT: Purify the Grave on your Beast Within, you take 2

UUD
Ash Barrens
FB Ray of Distortion on your Song, take 2
Done

Spidey: 11
Library: 70
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Plains x3
(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(U) Blossoming Sands (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)
(T) Myriad Landscape (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T, sac ~: Search my library for up to two basic land cards that share a land type, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library)

(T) Mimic Vat (Imprint-Whenever a nontoken creature dies, I may exile that card. If I do, return each other card exiled with ~ to its owners graveyard.; 3, T: Create a token that's a copy of a card exiled with ~. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step)

(U) Feldon of the Third Path (2/3; 2R, T: Create a token that's a copy of target creature card in my graveyard, except it's an artifact in addition to its other types. It gains haste. Sac it at the beginning of the next end step)
(S) Ghired, Conclave Exile (Legendary Creature-Human Shaman; 2/5; When ~ ETB, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token w/trample.; Whenever ~ attacks, populate. The token ETB tapped and attacking (To populate, create a token that's a copy of a creature token I control))
(S) Rhino creature token (4/4)

Graveyard: Soul Foundry, Krosan Verge, Farseek, Roc Egg, Song of the Worldsoul
Exile: Atla Palani-Nest Tender, Heart-Piercer Manticore (Vated), Beast Within
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) Azorius Chancery (, L, ~ ETB tapped. When ~ comes into play, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)
(T) Ash Barrens (, L, {T}: Add {C} to your mana pool. Basic landcycling {1} ({1}, Discard this card: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.))

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Faithless Looting (FB:2R),Divine Reckoning (FB: 5WW), Mass Diminish (FB:3U), Fervent Denial (FB:5UU), Mandate of Peace, Farm // Market(Aftermath 2U), Wall of Stolen Identity, Dusk/Dawn(AM:3WW), Purify the Grave FB(W))
Exile: Ray of Distortion(FB 4WW)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT, use Feldon to create a copy of the Roc Egg.

Untap, upkeep - draw from Majesty, Draw

Attack - pay 8 for the Birds, Ghired, and Rhino to attack. Ghired triggers and creates a copy of the Rhino
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 6
Library: 68
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Plains x3
(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(T,T,U) Mt x3
(U) Myriad Landscape (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T, sac ~: Search my library for up to two basic land cards that share a land type, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library)

(T,A) Bird creature token (3/3; Flying)
(T,A) Bird creature token (3/3; Flying)
(T,A) Ghired, Conclave Exile (Legendary Creature-Human Shaman; 2/5; When ~ ETB, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token w/trample.; Whenever ~ attacks, populate. The token ETB tapped and attacking (To populate, create a token that's a copy of a creature token I control))
(T,A) Rhino creature token (4/4)
(T,A) Rhino creature token (4/4)
(U) Roc Egg copy (0/3; Defender; When ~ dies, create a 3/3 white Bird creature token w/flying)

Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) Ash Barrens (, L, {T}: Add {C} to your mana pool. Basic landcycling {1} ({1}, Discard this card: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.))

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Faithless Looting (FB:2R),Divine Reckoning (FB: 5WW), Mass Diminish (FB:3U), Fervent Denial (FB:5UU), Mandate of Peace, Farm // Market(Aftermath 2U), Wall of Stolen Identity, Dusk/Dawn(AM:3WW), Purify the Grave FB(W))

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You take 12 from the unblocked creatures

Use the Vat to create a Manticore copy
Responses?

Hand: 6
Library: 68
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Plains x3
(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T,T) Mt x3
(U) Myriad Landscape (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T, sac ~: Search my library for up to two basic land cards that share a land type, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library)

(T) Bird creature token (3/3; Flying)
(T) Ghired, Conclave Exile (Legendary Creature-Human Shaman; 2/5; When ~ ETB, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token w/trample.; Whenever ~ attacks, populate. The token ETB tapped and attacking (To populate, create a token that's a copy of a creature token I control))
(T) Rhino creature token (4/4)
(U) Roc Egg copy (0/3; Defender; When ~ dies, create a 3/3 white Bird creature token w/flying)
(U) (U) Heart-Piercer Manticore (4/3; When ~ ETB, I may sac another creature. If I do, ~ deals dmg equal to that creature's power to any target.; Embalm 5R (5R, Exile this card from my graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white Zombie Manticore w/no mana cost. Embalm only as a sorcery))

Mooseman: 8
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Mountain

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Evolving Wilds
Use it to get Forest

Done - Roc Egg and Manticore are sacced and exiled, respectively, I get a Bird creature token

Hand: 5
Library: 67
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Plains x3
(T,T,T,T,T) Forest x5
(T,T,T) Mt x3

(T) Ghired, Conclave Exile (Legendary Creature-Human Shaman; 2/5; When ~ ETB, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token w/trample.; Whenever ~ attacks, populate. The token ETB tapped and attacking (To populate, create a token that's a copy of a creature token I control))

Graveyard: Soul Foundry, Krosan Verge, Farseek, Roc Egg, Song of the Worldsoul , Evolving Wilds
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Mountain

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Faithless Looting (FB:2R),Divine Reckoning (FB: 5WW), Mass Diminish (FB:3U), Fervent Denial (FB:5UU), Mandate of Peace, Farm // Market(Aftermath 2U), Wall of Stolen Identity, Dusk/Dawn(AM:3WW), Purify the Grave FB(W)), Pramikon, Sky Rampart

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT: Purify the Grave your Roc Egg, you take 2
UUD
Mass Diminish , you take 2
Done

Spidey: 7
Hand: 5
Library: 67
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Plains x3
(T,T,T,T,T) Forest x5
(T,T,T) Mt x3

Graveyard: Soul Foundry, Krosan Verge, Farseek, Song of the Worldsoul , Evolving Wilds
Exile: Atla Palani-Nest Tender, Heart-Piercer Manticore (Vated), Beast Within, Roc Egg
Library: 75
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Prairie Stream (Plains Island, L, ETB Tapped, unless you control 2 or more basic lands. T:U or W)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Faithless Looting (FB:2R),Divine Reckoning (FB: 5WW), Mass Diminish (FB:3U), Fervent Denial (FB:5UU), Mandate of Peace, Farm // Market(Aftermath 2U), Wall of Stolen Identity, Dusk/Dawn(AM:3WW), Pramikon, Sky Rampart
Exile: Ray of Distortion(FB 4WW), Purify the Grave FB(W)), Mass Diminish (FB:3U),

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT, use the Myriad Landscape to get two Plains

Untap, upkeep - Draw from Majesty, Draw

Are copies of token I create now going to be 1/1 also from Mass Diminish? Or are they at their original p/t?

Spidey: 7
Hand: 7
Library: 63
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5
(T,T,T,T,T) Forest x5
(T,T,T) Mt x3

Graveyard: Soul Foundry, Krosan Verge, Farseek, Song of the Worldsoul , Evolving Wilds, Myriad Landscape
Exile: Atla Palani-Nest Tender, Heart-Piercer Manticore (Vated), Beast Within, Roc Egg
Library: 75
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Prairie Stream (Plains Island, L, ETB Tapped, unless you control 2 or more basic lands. T:U or W)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Faithless Looting (FB:2R),Divine Reckoning (FB: 5WW), Fervent Denial (FB:5UU), Mandate of Peace, Farm // Market(Aftermath 2U), Wall of Stolen Identity, Dusk/Dawn(AM:3WW), Pramikon, Sky Rampart
Exile: Ray of Distortion(FB 4WW), Purify the Grave FB(W)), Mass Diminish (FB:3U),

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Unsure. I don't think so, but I'm not sure.
Can't look up much at work since most rules sites are blocked.
let me check tonight, if I remember.