Commander 2015: Spidey (Seize Control) vs Mooseman (Plunder the Grave)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so from Arjun, I put the five cards in my hand at the bottom of my library and draw 5 new ones.

From Steam Augury, I reveal

Pile #1

Mt
Izzet Boilerworks

Pile #2

Island
Island
Izzet Signet

LOL. This is a pretty easy choice for you :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Umm... wait, are you saying you take/choose that pile so I get the other one, or I take that pile? Sorry...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Huh... not what I was expecting...

Oh, I get an experience ctr for the Augury

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island
Rite of the Raging Storm, triggering Arjun

Done

Spidey: 37
Dmg from Commander: 3/21
Experience ctrs: 1
Hand: 7
Library: 81
Commander Zone: 2UB
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T,U) Island x3

Rite of the Raging Storm (Creatures named Lightning Rager can't attack me or planeswalkers I control.; At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player puts a 5/1 red Elemental creature token named Lightning Rager onto the battlefield. It has trample, haste, and "At the beginning of the end step, sac this creature".)

(U) Seal of the Guildpact (As ~ ETB, choose two colors [R and U]; Each spell I cast costs 1 less to cast for each of the chosen colors it is)

(U) Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
(U) Arjun, the Shifting Flame (5/5; Flying; Whenever I cast a spell, put the cards in my hand at the bottom of my library in any order, then draw that many cards)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Rogue's Passage, Steam Augury, Mt, Izzet Boilerworks
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 40
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Library: 84
Commander Zone: 2BG
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Forest

(U) Meren of Clan Nel Toth (2bg , Human Shaman [3/4] , Whenever another creature you control dies, you get an experience counter.At the beginning of your end step, choose target creature card in your graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters you have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into your hand. )
(U) Banshee of the Dread Choir ( 4/4, Whenever Banshee of the Dread Choir deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.)
(S) Acidic Slime (2/2, Deathtouch When Acidic Slime enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact, enchantment, or land.)

Graveyard: Primal Growth
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Golgari Guildgate
Kessig Cagebreakers
Done

Experience ctrs: 1
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T,U) Island x3

Rite of the Raging Storm (Creatures named Lightning Rager can't attack me or planeswalkers I control.; At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player puts a 5/1 red Elemental creature token named Lightning Rager onto the battlefield. It has trample, haste, and "At the beginning of the end step, sac this creature".)

(U) Seal of the Guildpact (As ~ ETB, choose two colors [R and U]; Each spell I cast costs 1 less to cast for each of the chosen colors it is)

(U) Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
(U) Arjun, the Shifting Flame (5/5; Flying; Whenever I cast a spell, put the cards in my hand at the bottom of my library in any order, then draw that many cards)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Rogue's Passage, Steam Augury, Mt, Izzet Boilerworks
Exile:
Hand: 6
Library: 83
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Forest
(T) Golgari Guildgate (Gate. ETB tapped. {T}: Add {B} or {G} to your mana pool. )

(U) Meren of Clan Nel Toth (2bg , Human Shaman [3/4] , Whenever another creature you control dies, you get an experience counter.At the beginning of your end step, choose target creature card in your graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters you have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into your hand. )
(U) Banshee of the Dread Choir ( 4/4, Whenever Banshee of the Dread Choir deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.)
(U) Acidic Slime (2/2, Deathtouch When Acidic Slime enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact, enchantment, or land.)
(S) Kessig Cagebreakers (4g (, 3/4, Whenever Kessig Cagebreakers attacks, put a 2/2 green Wolf creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking for each creature card in your graveyard.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - get a Lightning Rager, Draw

Island
Stolen Goods - triggering Mizzix and Arjun - putting my hand at the bottom of my graveyard in any order and drawing 6 new cards

Experience ctrs: 2
Battlefield:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T,T,U,U) Island x4

(U) Lightning Rager (5/1; Trample, Haste; At the beginning of the end step, sac ~)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Rogue's Passage, Steam Augury, Mt, Izzet Boilerworks, Stolen Goods
Exile:
Experience Ctrs:
Library: 83
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Forest
(T) Golgari Guildgate (Gate. ETB tapped. {T}: Add {B} or {G} to your mana pool. )

(U) Acidic Slime (2/2, Deathtouch When Acidic Slime enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact, enchantment, or land.)
(S) Kessig Cagebreakers (4g (, 3/4, Whenever Kessig Cagebreakers attacks, put a 2/2 green Wolf creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking for each creature card in your graveyard.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, for Stolen Goods, you need to exile the top cards of your library until you get to a nonland card.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(I have no idea if what I'm doing are the right plays :D )

Epic Experiment for 4 (X = 2 from Seal, 2 from experience ctrs) - triggering Mizzix and Arjun - putting my hand on the bottom of my library and drawing 5 new cards

-Exile Brainstorm, Psychosis Crawler, Island, Preordain
-Cast Brainstorm only - triggering Arjun - putting my hand on the bottom of my library and drawing 5 cards
-Brainstorm resolves - draw 3 cards, put two cards on top of my library
-Psychosis Crawler, Island, and Preordain go to my graveyard

Attack with the Rager
Responses/blocks/take it?

Experience ctrs: 3
Library: 80
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T,T,U) Island x4

(T) Lightning Rager (5/1; Trample, Haste; At the beginning of the end step, sac ~)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Rogue's Passage, Steam Augury, Mt, Izzet Boilerworks, Stolen Goods, Epic Experiment, Brainstorm, Psychosis Crawler, Island, Preordain
Exile:
Experience Ctrs:
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Forest

Exile: Lotleth Troll [from Stolen Goods]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(Since you're tapped out, I assume no responses for anything)

Repeal for 4 [1 from Seal, 3 from exp ctrs] on Meren, triggering Arjun.
-Put my hand on the bottom of my library and draw 5 new cards
-Meren returns to your hand (or Commander Zone, right?)

Combat dmg resolves - both our guys die, you take 3 trample dmg

Cast Lotleth Troll for free, triggering Arjun
-Put my hand on the bottom of my library and draw 4 new cards

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T,T,U) Island x4

(S) Lotleth Troll (2/1; Trample; Discard a creature card: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; B: Regen ~)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Rogue's Passage, Steam Augury, Mt, Izzet Boilerworks, Stolen Goods, Epic Experiment, Brainstorm, Psychosis Crawler, Island, Preordain
Exile:
Mooseman: 37
Experience Ctrs:
Library: 82
Commander Zone: 2BG Meren of Clan Nel Toth (2bg , Human Shaman [3/4] , Whenever another creature you control dies, you get an experience counter.At the beginning of your end step, choose target creature card in your graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters you have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into your hand. ) [Already cast once]
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Forest

Graveyard: Primal Growth, Acidic Slime
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Indrik Stomphowler
Destroy the Rite
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T,T,U) Island x4

(S) Lotleth Troll (2/1; Trample; Discard a creature card: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; B: Regen ~)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Rogue's Passage, Steam Augury, Mt, Izzet Boilerworks, Stolen Goods, Epic Experiment, Brainstorm, Psychosis Crawler, Island, Preordain, Rite of the Raging Storm
Exile:
Mooseman: 37
Experience Ctrs:
Commander Zone: 2BG Meren of Clan Nel Toth (2bg , Human Shaman [3/4] , Whenever another creature you control dies, you get an experience counter.At the beginning of your end step, choose target creature card in your graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters you have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into your hand. ) [Already cast once]
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Forest

(U) Kessig Cagebreakers (4g (, 3/4, Whenever Kessig Cagebreakers attacks, put a 2/2 green Wolf creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking for each creature card in your graveyard.)
(S) Indrik Stomphowler (4g (, 4/4, When Indrik Stomphowler comes into play, destroy target artifact or enchantment)

Graveyard: Primal Growth, Acidic Slime
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Boo...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Command Tower
Meteor Blast for 4 [3 from exp ctrs, 1 from Seal] targeting your creatures and you, triggering Mizzix and Arjun
-Put my hand on the bottom of my library and draw 4 cards

Attack with all for 9

Done
Experience ctrs: 4
Hand: 4
Library: 79
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(U,U,U,U) Island x4
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U or R])

(T) Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
(T) Arjun, the Shifting Flame (5/5; Flying; Whenever I cast a spell, put the cards in my hand at the bottom of my library in any order, then draw that many cards)
(T) Lotleth Troll (2/1; Trample; Discard a creature card: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; B: Regen ~)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Rogue's Passage, Steam Augury, Mt, Izzet Boilerworks, Stolen Goods, Epic Experiment, Brainstorm, Psychosis Crawler, Island, Preordain, Rite of the Raging Storm, Meteor Blast
Exile:
Mooseman: 24
Experience Ctrs:
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Forest

Graveyard: Primal Growth, Acidic Slime, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Kessig Cagebreakers, Indrik Stomphowler
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh.... Looks like you got it doing.

UUD
Grim Backwoods
Butcher of Malakir

Done
Hand: 4
Library: 79
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(U,U,U,U) Island x4
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U or R])

(T) Mizzix of the Izmagnus Legendary Creature-Goblin Wizard (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than the number of experience ctrs I have, I get an experience ctr.; Instant and sorcery spells I cast cost 1 less to cast for each experience ctr I have)
(T) Arjun, the Shifting Flame (5/5; Flying; Whenever I cast a spell, put the cards in my hand at the bottom of my library in any order, then draw that many cards)
(T) Lotleth Troll (2/1; Trample; Discard a creature card: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; B: Regen ~)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Rogue's Passage, Steam Augury, Mt, Izzet Boilerworks, Stolen Goods, Epic Experiment, Brainstorm, Psychosis Crawler, Island, Preordain, Rite of the Raging Storm, Meteor Blast
Exile:
Experience Ctrs:
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Forest
(T) Grim Backwoods ( , {T}: Add {1} to your mana pool. {2}{B}{G}, {T}, Sacrifice a creature: Draw a card. )

(S) Butcher of Malakir (5bb (, 5/4, Flying. Whenever Butcher of Malakir or another creature you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a creature. )

Graveyard: Primal Growth, Acidic Slime, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Kessig Cagebreakers, Indrik Stomphowler
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I hope so.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Rite of Replication w/kicker targeting Arjun and triggering Arjun
-Put my hand on the bottom of my library and draw 4 cards

Mt

Done

Hand: 3
Library: 78
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Mt x3
(T,T,T,U) Island x4
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U or R])

(U) Lotleth Troll (2/1; Trample; Discard a creature card: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; B: Regen ~)
(S) Arjun, the Shifting Flame token (5/5; Flying; Whenever I cast a spell, put the cards in my hand at the bottom of my library in any order, then draw that many cards)
(S) Arjun, the Shifting Flame token (5/5; Flying; Whenever I cast a spell, put the cards in my hand at the bottom of my library in any order, then draw that many cards)
(S) Arjun, the Shifting Flame token(5/5; Flying; Whenever I cast a spell, put the cards in my hand at the bottom of my library in any order, then draw that many cards)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Rogue's Passage, Steam Augury, Mt, Izzet Boilerworks, Stolen Goods, Epic Experiment, Brainstorm, Psychosis Crawler, Island, Preordain, Rite of the Raging Storm, Meteor Blast, Rite of Replication
Exile:
Experience Ctrs:
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Forest
(T) Grim Backwoods ( , {T}: Add {1} to your mana pool. {2}{B}{G}, {T}, Sacrifice a creature: Draw a card. )

(S) Butcher of Malakir (5bb (, 5/4, Flying. Whenever Butcher of Malakir or another creature you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a creature. )

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, this deck is crazy. I was not looking forward to cycling through my deck 6 times per spell cast via the Arjuns :) Good game! Onto the next...