Commander 2014: Spidey (Built From Scratch) vs Mooseman (Peer Through Time)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 3

Spitebellows
Use Daretti's first ability for 0 cards

Done - even if you have a response to either

Spidey: 40
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 2
Library: 85
Commander Zone: 3R Planeswalker-Darettie
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Mt x5
(U) Arcane Lighthouse (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Ueot, creatures Mooseman controls lose hexproof and shroud and can't have hexproof and shroud)

(T) Pristine Talisman (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. I gain 1 life)

(T) Myr Retriever (1/1; When ~ dies, return another target artifact card from my graveyard to my hand)
(T) Pilgrim's Eye (1/1; Flying; When ~ ETB, I may search my library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it in my hand, then shuffle my library)
(T) Junk Diver (1/1; Flying; When ~ dies, return another target artifact card from my graveyard to my hand)
(S) Spitebellows (6/1; When ~ leaves the battlefield, it deals 6 dmg to target creature.; Evoke 1RR)

(U) Daretti, Scrap savant (Loyalty 3; +2: Discard up to two cards, then draw that many cards; -2: Sac target artifact. If I do, return target artifact card from my graveyard to the battlefield; -10: I get an emblem with "Whenever an artifact is put into my graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step" ; ~ can be my commander) *7 Loyalty cts*

Graveyard: Whipflare
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 30
Hand: 5
Library: 83
Commander Zone: 4UU Teferi, Temporal Archmage (5 loyalty. +1: Look at the top two cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the other on the bottom of your library.
−1: Untap up to four target permanents.
−10: You get an emblem with "You may activate loyalty abilities of planeswalkers you control on any player's turn any time you could cast an instant.")
Battlefield:

(UUTT) Island x4
(U) Remote Isle ( ~ ETB tapped. T: U. Cycling 2)
(T) Unstable Obelisk (T:1. 7, T, Sac ~: Destroy target permanent)

Swiftfoot Boots (EQ, Equipped creature has hexproof and haste. Equip {1} )

Graveyard: Willbender, Brine Elemental, Island
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Ghost Quarter
Overlaod the Cyclonic Rift (, I, Return target nonland permanent you don't control to its owner's hand. Overload {6}{U} (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each.") )
Done

Hand: 7
Library: 85
Commander Zone: 3R Planeswalker-Daretti, Scrap savant (Loyalty 3; +2: Discard up to two cards, then draw that many cards; -2: Sac target artifact. If I do, return target artifact card from my graveyard to the battlefield; -10: I get an emblem with "Whenever an artifact is put into my graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step" ; ~ can be my commander)
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Mt x5
(U) Arcane Lighthouse (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Ueot, creatures Mooseman controls lose hexproof and shroud and can't have hexproof and shroud)

Exile:
Commander Zone: 4UU Teferi, Temporal Archmage (5 loyalty. +1: Look at the top two cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the other on the bottom of your library.
−10: You get an emblem with "You may activate loyalty abilities of planeswalkers you control on any player's turn any time you could cast an instant.")
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Island x4
(T) Remote Isle ( ~ ETB tapped. T: U. Cycling 2)
(T) Ghost Quarter (, L, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. T, Sacrifice Ghost Quarter: Destroy target land. Its controller may search his or her library for a basic land card, put it into play, then shuffle his or her library. )

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
In your hand. You only get to choose when your commander is going to the GY or Exile.
That's good for you

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yay for me :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Spitebellows

Done

Library: 84
Commander Zone: 3R Planeswalker-Daretti, Scrap savant (Loyalty 3; +2: Discard up to two cards, then draw that many cards; -2: Sac target artifact. If I do, return target artifact card from my graveyard to the battlefield; -10: I get an emblem with "Whenever an artifact is put into my graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step" ; ~ can be my commander)
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Mt x5
(T) Arcane Lighthouse (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Ueot, creatures Mooseman controls lose hexproof and shroud and can't have hexproof and shroud)

(S) Spitebellows (6/1; When ~ leaves the battlefield, it deals 6 dmg to target creature.; Evoke 1RR)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Island x4
(T) Ghost Quarter (, L, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. T, Sacrifice Ghost Quarter: Destroy target land. Its controller may search his or her library for a basic land card, put it into play, then shuffle his or her library. )

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island
Nevinyrral's Disk
Done

Library: 84
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Mt x5
(T) Arcane Lighthouse (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T: Ueot, creatures Mooseman controls lose hexproof and shroud and can't have hexproof and shroud)

Exile:
Hand: 4
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(UUUTT) Island x4
(U) Ghost Quarter (, L, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. T, Sacrifice Ghost Quarter: Destroy target land. Its controller may search his or her library for a basic land card, put it into play, then shuffle his or her library. )

(T) Nevinyrral's Disk (~ ETB tapped. 1,T: Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments. )

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with Spitebellows
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 8
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Mt x5

(T) Spitebellows (6/1; When ~ leaves the battlefield, it deals 6 dmg to target creature.; Evoke 1RR)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUTT) Island x4
(U) Ghost Quarter (, L, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. T, Sacrifice Ghost Quarter: Destroy target land. Its controller may search his or her library for a basic land card, put it into play, then shuffle his or her library. )

(T) Nevinyrral's Disk (~ ETB tapped. 1,T: Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments. )

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 6

Commander's Sphere

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Mt x5

(U) Commander's Sphere (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (R); Sac ~: Draw a card)

(T) Spitebellows (6/1; When ~ leaves the battlefield, it deals 6 dmg to target creature.; Evoke 1RR)

Exile:
Mooseman: 24
Battlefield:

(UUUTT) Island x4

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Tectonic Edge
Sphinx of Uthuun
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Mt x5

(U) Commander's Sphere (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (R); Sac ~: Draw a card)

Exile:
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x5
(T) Tectonic Edge (, L, {T}: Add {1} to your mana pool. {1}, {T}, Sacrifice Tectonic Edge: Destroy target nonbasic land. Activate this ability only if an opponent controls four or more lands. )

(U) Nevinyrral's Disk (~ ETB tapped. 1,T: Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments. )

(S) Sphinx of Uthuun (Sphinx, 5/6, Flying. When ~ ETB, reveal the top five cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. Put one pile into your hand and the other into your graveyard. )

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oh, forgot
Here is the top 5 cards of my library

Rite of Replication
Island
Stroke of Genius
Tormod's Crypt
Fathom Seer

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought that's what you'd pick...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Spitebellows
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 8
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U) Mt x5

Exile:
Library: 77
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x5
(T) Tectonic Edge (, L, {T}: Add {1} to your mana pool. {1}, {T}, Sacrifice Tectonic Edge: Destroy target nonbasic land. Activate this ability only if an opponent controls four or more lands. )

(U) Nevinyrral's Disk (~ ETB tapped. 1,T: Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments. )

(S) Sphinx of Uthuun (Sphinx, 5/6, Flying. When ~ ETB, reveal the top five cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. Put one pile into your hand and the other into your graveyard. )

Graveyard: Willbender, Brine Elemental, Island, Stroke of Genius, Tormod's Crypt, Fathom Seer
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ribbit.

My Bellows-Turned-Frog dies

Wurmcoil Engine

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Mt x5

(T) Commander's Sphere (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (R); Sac ~: Draw a card)

(S) Wurmcoil Engine (6/6; Deathtouch, lifelink; When ~ dies, put a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token w/deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token w/lifelink onto the battlefield)

Graveyard: Whipflare, Spitebellows
Exile:
Library: 77
Battlefield:

(UTTTT) Island x5

Graveyard: Willbender, Brine Elemental, Island, Stroke of Genius, Tormod's Crypt, Fathom Seer
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Island
Attack for 5 flying
And here we go
Rite of Replication Kicked
Token 1
Cards:

Island
Island
Sapphire Medallion
Zoetic Cavern
Steel Hellkite

Pile them.

Spidey: 35
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Mt x5

(T) Commander's Sphere (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (R); Sac ~: Draw a card)

(S) Wurmcoil Engine (6/6; Deathtouch, lifelink; When ~ dies, put a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token w/deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token w/lifelink onto the battlefield)

Graveyard: Whipflare, Spitebellows
Exile:
Hand: 3
Library: 76
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Island x6

(T) Sphinx of Uthuun (Sphinx, 5/6, Flying. When ~ ETB, reveal the top five cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. Put one pile into your hand and the other into your graveyard. )
(S) Sphinx of Uthuun Token (Sphinx, 5/6, Flying. When ~ ETB, reveal the top five cards of your library. An opponent separates those cards into two piles. Put one pile into your hand and the other into your graveyard. )

Graveyard: Willbender, Brine Elemental, Island, Stroke of Genius, Tormod's Crypt, Fathom Seer, Rite of Replication
Exile: