Commander 2013: Spidey (Mind Seize) vs Mooseman (Eternal Bargain)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Take 8
Done

Spidey: 26 ~Cursed~
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 0/21
Hand: 7
Library: 85
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(U) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (U, B, or R))
(U,U) Island x2
(U) Mt

(U) Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge (1/3; Flying; When ~ ETB, each player exiles the top X cards of his library, where X is the amt of mana spent to cast ~.; Whenever ~ attacks, I may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with this w/o paying its mana cost)

Graveyard: Soul Manipulations
Exile: Grixis Panarama, Cruel Ultimatums, Spiteful Visions, Island
==============================================================================
Mooseman: 52
Hand: 6
Library: 83
Command Zone: Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (Legendary Creature - Giant Soldier. 4/5, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 2 life. Whenever you gain life, you may pay {1}. If you do, draw a card and each opponent loses 1 life. At the beginning of your upkeep, if Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is in the command zone, you gain 2 life.
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains x2
(U) Swamp
(U) Orzhov Basilica ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land. T: Add WB to your mana pool)

Curse of Shallow Graves (Curse, EP, Whenever a player attacks enchanted player with one or more creatures, that attacking player may put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped.)

(T,A) Ajani’s Pridemate (Cat Soldier, 6/6, Whenever you gain life, you may put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) ~ 4 +1/+1 ~
(T,A) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T,A) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)

Graveyard: Wall of Reverence
Exile:Jwar Isle Refuge, Filigree Angel, Raven Familiar, Vizkopa Guildmage

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, this is bad for me...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

This may stop the bleeding a little... Crosis Charm the Pridemate, choosing the destroy target nonblack creature option

Done

Spidey: 26 ~Cursed~
Library: 84
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (U, B, or R))
(T,U) Island x2
(T) Mt

(U) Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge (1/3; Flying; When ~ ETB, each player exiles the top X cards of his library, where X is the amt of mana spent to cast ~.; Whenever ~ attacks, I may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with this w/o paying its mana cost)

Graveyard: Soul Manipulations, Crosis Charm
Mooseman: 52
Command Zone: Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (Legendary Creature - Giant Soldier. 4/5, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 2 life. Whenever you gain life, you may pay {1}. If you do, draw a card and each opponent loses 1 life. At the beginning of your upkeep, if Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is in the command zone, you gain 2 life.
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains x2
(U) Swamp
(U) Orzhov Basilica ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land. T: Add WB to your mana pool)

Curse of Shallow Graves (Curse, EP, Whenever a player attacks enchanted player with one or more creatures, that attacking player may put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped.)

(T,A) Ajani’s Pridemate (Cat Soldier, 6/6, Whenever you gain life, you may put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) ~ 4 +1/+1 ~
(T,A) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T,A) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)

Graveyard: Wall of Reverence

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So Pridemate is gone
Untap, upkeep - life, Draw
Swamp
Attack with 3 Zombies
assume you Block 1
Take 4
Marrow Bats
Done

Spidey: 22 ~Cursed~
Library: 84
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (U, B, or R))
(T,U) Island x2
(T) Mt

Graveyard: Soul Manipulations, Crosis Charm
Mooseman: 54
Hand: 5
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TT) Swamp
(T) Orzhov Basilica ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land. T: Add WB to your mana pool)

(T,A) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T,A) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T,A) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(S) Marrow Bats ( 4/1, Flying. Pay 4 life: Regenerate Marrow Bats. )

Graveyard: Wall of Reverence, Ajani’s Pridemate

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Finally! Island
Incendiary Command, choosing the deal 2 dmg to each creature and destroy the Basilica options
Responses?

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Mt

Graveyard: Soul Manipulations, Crosis Charm, Incendiary Command
Mooseman: 54
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TT) Swamp
(T) Orzhov Basilica ETB tapped. ETB bounce a land. T: Add WB to your mana pool)

(T,A) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T,A) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T,A) Zombie Token (2/2)
(T) Zombie Token (2/2)
(S) Marrow Bats ( 4/1, Flying. Pay 4 life: Regenerate Marrow Bats. )

Graveyard: Wall of Reverence, Ajani’s Pridemate

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Roger that

Attack with Jeleva, casting Cruel Ultimatum due to its ability. What three cards are you discarding?

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Mt

(T) Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge (1/3; Flying; When ~ ETB, each player exiles the top X cards of his library, where X is the amt of mana spent to cast ~.; Whenever ~ attacks, I may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with this w/o paying its mana cost)

Graveyard: Soul Manipulations, Crosis Charm, Incendiary Command, Cruel Ultimatum
Exile: Grixis Panarama, Spiteful Visions, Island
Mooseman: 50
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TT) Swamp

Graveyard: Wall of Reverence, Ajani’s Pridemate, Orzhov Basilica, Marrow Bats

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, Marrow Bats were already sacced and you lose 5 life. No creatures in my graveyard :(, I draw 3 cards and gain 5 life
You take 1 from my Commander

Done - discard Island and Swamp

Spidey: 27 ~Cursed~
Hand: 9
Library: 80
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Mt

(T) Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge (1/3; Flying; When ~ ETB, each player exiles the top X cards of his library, where X is the amt of mana spent to cast ~.; Whenever ~ attacks, I may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with this w/o paying its mana cost)

Graveyard: Soul Manipulations, Crosis Charm, Incendiary Command, Cruel Ultimatum, Island, Swamp
Mooseman: 44
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 1/21
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TT) Swamp

Graveyard: Wall of Reverence, Ajani’s Pridemate, Orzhov Basilica, Marrow Bats, Reckless Spite, Azorius Herald, Razor Hippogriff

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow, all that in one turn......
UU - gain life
Draw
Rupture Spire
Done

Hand: 9
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Mt

Graveyard: Soul Manipulations, Crosis Charm, Incendiary Command, Cruel Ultimatum, Island, Swamp
Library: 81
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains x2
(UT) Swamp
(T) Rupture Spire (, L, ETB tapped.When ~ comes into play, sacrifice it unless you pay 1. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. )

Graveyard: Wall of Reverence, Ajani’s Pridemate, Orzhov Basilica, Marrow Bats, Reckless Spite, Azorius Herald, Razor Hippogriff

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. Wheee!

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with Jeleva (no more sorceries or instants :( )
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 8
Library: 79
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(U) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (U, B, or R))
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Mt

Battlefield:

(UU) Plains x2
(UT) Swamp
(T) Rupture Spire (, L, ETB tapped.When ~ comes into play, sacrifice it unless you pay 1. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. )

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You take 1

Crumbling Necropolis

Done

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Crumbling Necropolis (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, B, or R to my mana pool)
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Mt

Mooseman: 43
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 2/21
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains x2
(UT) Swamp

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Orzhov Guildgate (, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {W} or {B} to your mana pool. )
Order of Succession (Choose left or right. Starting with you and proceeding in the chosen direction, each player chooses a creature controlled by the next player in that direction. Each player gains control of the creature he or she chose.)
Response?

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Crumbling Necropolis (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, B, or R to my mana pool)
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Mt

Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UT) Swamp
(T) Orzhov Guildgate (, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {W} or {B} to your mana pool. )

Graveyard: Wall of Reverence, Ajani’s Pridemate, Orzhov Basilica, Marrow Bats, Reckless Spite, Azorius Herald, Razor Hippogriff, Order of Succession

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's 'cause I finally got mana. :rolleyes:

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mt
Attack with Jeleva
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 77
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(U) Crumbling Necropolis (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, B, or R to my mana pool)
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Mt x2

Graveyard: Soul Manipulations, Crosis Charm, Incendiary Command, Cruel Ultimatum, Island, Swamp, Dismiss
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UT) Swamp

Graveyard: Wall of Reverence, Ajani’s Pridemate, Orzhov Basilica, Marrow Bats, Reckless Spite, Azorius Herald, Razor Hippogriff, Order of Succession

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Responses possible though.

You take 1

Done

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Mt x2

Graveyard: Soul Manipulations, Crosis Charm, Incendiary Command, Cruel Ultimatum, Island, Swamp, Dismiss
Mooseman: 42
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 3/21
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(UT) Swamp

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU -gain life
Draw
play Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
Done

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Mt x2

Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 3/21
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TT) Swamp

(S) Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (Legendary Creature - Giant Soldier. 4/5, At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 2 life. Whenever you gain life, you may pay {1}. If you do, draw a card and each opponent loses 1 life. At the beginning of your upkeep, if Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is in the command zone, you gain 2 life.)