Commander 2013: Spidey (Evasive Maneuvers) vs Mooseman (Power Hungry)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is so bad. I've got nothing - my guys die :(

Untap, upkeep, Draw

This is going to go fast now...

Acidic Slime
Responses?

Spidey: 23
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 0
Hand: 7
Library: 79
Command Zone: Derevi, Empyrial Tactician (2/3; Flying; Whenever ~ ETB or a creature I control deals combat dmg to a player, I may tap or untap target permanent.; 1GWU: Put ~ onto the battlefield from the command zone)

Battlefield:

(T) Faerie Conclave (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U to my mana pool.; 1U: ~ becomes a 2/1 blue Faerie creature w/flying ueot. It's still a land)
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Azorius Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add W or U to my mana pool)
(T) Transguild Promenade (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1.; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

Darksteel Mutation (Enchanted creature is a 0/1 Insect artifact creature w/indestructible and loses all other abilities)
Curse of Predation (Enchant Player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, put a +1/+1 ctr on it)

(U) Swiftfoot Boots (Equipped creature has hexproof and haste.; Equip 1)

(S) Acidic Slime (2/2; Deathtouch; When ~ ETB, destroy target artifact, enchantment, or land)

Graveyard: Sword of Paruns, Thousand Year Elixir, Selesnya Charm, Lu Xun, Scholar General, MistmeadowWitch
Exile:
==============================================================================
Mooseman: 38
Hand: 1
Library: 77
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Mountain x2
(T) Obelisk of Jund ( T: Add B, R, or G )
(TT) Forest x2
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add {2} to your mana pool. Play this ability only if you control five or more lands. )
(T) Kazandu Refuge (ETB Tapped. When~ ETBd, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {R} or {G} to your mana pool. )

Furnace Celebration (,Whenever you sacrifice another permanent, you may pay {2}. If you do, Furnace Celebration deals 2 damage to target creature or player. )

(T) Jar of Eyeballs (Whenever a creature you control dies, put two eyeball counters on ~. {3}, {T}, Remove all eyeball counters from ~: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of eyeball counters removed this way. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order. ) ~ 0 Eyeballs~

(U) Terra Ravager (Elemental Beast, 0/4, Whenever Terra Ravager attacks, it gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of lands defending player controls.) *Mutated*
(U) Jade Mage (Human Shaman, 4/3, {2}{G}: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.) ~2 +1/+1~
(U) Saporling token (1/1)
(U) Elvish Skysweeper (Elf Warrior, 1/1, 4}{G}, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with flying. )
(U) Stalking Vengeance (Avatar, 5/5, Haste. Whenever another creature you control is put into a graveyard from play, it deals damage equal to its power to target player. )
(S) Prossh, Skyraider of Kher (Dragon, 5/5, Flying When you cast ~, put X 0/1 red Kobold creature tokens named Kobolds of Kher Keep onto the battlefield, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Prossh. Sacrifice another creature: Prossh gets +1/+0 until end of turn. )
(S) Kobolds of Kher Keep (0/1)

Graveyard: Dirge of Dread, Jund Charm, Sudden Demise
Exile Charnelhoard Wurm

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think I thought the Furnace triggered automatically without a cost when you sacced a creature...

But anyhoo, target the Furnace when the Slime ETB.

Done.

Command Zone: Derevi, Empyrial Tactician (2/3; Flying; Whenever ~ ETB or a creature I control deals combat dmg to a player, I may tap or untap target permanent.; 1GWU: Put ~ onto the battlefield from the command zone)

Battlefield:

(T) Faerie Conclave (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U to my mana pool.; 1U: ~ becomes a 2/1 blue Faerie creature w/flying ueot. It's still a land)
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Transguild Promenade (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1.; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

Darksteel Mutation (Enchanted creature is a 0/1 Insect artifact creature w/indestructible and loses all other abilities)
Curse of Predation (Enchant Player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, put a +1/+1 ctr on it)

(S) Acidic Slime (2/2; Deathtouch; When ~ ETB, destroy target artifact, enchantment, or land)

Graveyard: Sword of Paruns, Thousand Year Elixir, Selesnya Charm, Lu Xun, Scholar General, MistmeadowWitch
Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Mountain x2
(TT) Forest x2
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add {2} to your mana pool. Play this ability only if you control five or more lands. )
(T) Kazandu Refuge (ETB Tapped. When~ ETBd, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {R} or {G} to your mana pool. )

(T) Jar of Eyeballs (Whenever a creature you control dies, put two eyeball counters on ~. {3}, {T}, Remove all eyeball counters from ~: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of eyeball counters removed this way. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order. ) ~ 0 Eyeballs~

(U) Terra Ravager (Elemental Beast, 0/4, Whenever Terra Ravager attacks, it gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of lands defending player controls.) *Mutated*
(U) Jade Mage (Human Shaman, 4/3, {2}{G}: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.) ~2 +1/+1~
(U) Elvish Skysweeper (Elf Warrior, 1/1, 4}{G}, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with flying. )
(U) Stalking Vengeance (Avatar, 5/5, Haste. Whenever another creature you control is put into a graveyard from play, it deals damage equal to its power to target player. )
(S) Prossh, Skyraider of Kher (Dragon, 5/5, Flying When you cast ~, put X 0/1 red Kobold creature tokens named Kobolds of Kher Keep onto the battlefield, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Prossh. Sacrifice another creature: Prossh gets +1/+0 until end of turn. )

Graveyard: Dirge of Dread, Jund Charm, Sudden Demise, Furnace Celebration
Exile Charnelhoard Wurm

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Okay, I think this is done.... maybe.
UUD
Attack with Prosh
Sac All creatures except Prosh and the Avatar
Deal 10 damage from the Avatar's ability
Prosh is now a flying 19/5
Response?

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Plains

Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Mountain x2
(TT) Forest x2

(T) Prossh, Skyraider of Kher (Dragon, 5/5, Flying When you cast ~, put X 0/1 red Kobold creature tokens named Kobolds of Kher Keep onto the battlefield, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Prossh. Sacrifice another creature: Prossh gets +1/+0 until end of turn. )

Graveyard: Dirge of Dread, Jund Charm, Sudden Demise, Furnace Celebration
Exile Charnelhoard Wurm