Commander 2013: Spidey (Evasive Maneuvers) vs Mooseman (Power Hungry)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT: Another Token
Untap, upkeep, draw

Temple of the False God
Charnelhoard Wurm
Done

Spidey: 39
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 0
Hand: 7
Library: 87
Command Zone: Derevi, Empyrial Tactician (2/3; Flying; Whenever ~ ETB or a creature I control deals combat dmg to a player, I may tap or untap target permanent.; 1GWU: Put ~ onto the battlefield from the command zone)

Battlefield:

(T) Faerie Conclave (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U to my mana pool.; 1U: ~ becomes a 2/1 blue Faerie creature w/flying ueot. It's still a land)
(T) Island
(T) Azorius Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add W or U to my mana pool)
(T) Transguild Promenade (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1.; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

Darksteel Mutation (Enchanted creature is a 0/1 Insect artifact creature w/indestructible and loses all other abilities)

(S) Lu Xun, Scholar General (1/3; Horsemanship; Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, I may draw a card)

Graveyard:
Exile:
==============================================================================
Mooseman: 40
Hand: 4
Library: 86
Command Zone: Prossh, Skyraider of Kher (Dragon, 5/5, Flying When you cast ~, put X 0/1 red Kobold creature tokens named Kobolds of Kher Keep onto the battlefield, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Prossh. Sacrifice another creature: Prossh gets +1/+0 until end of turn. )
Battlefield:

(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Mountain
(T) Obelisk of Jund ( T: Add B, R, or G )
(T) Forest
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add {2} to your mana pool. Play this ability only if you control five or more lands. )

Jar of Eyeballs (Whenever a creature you control dies, put two eyeball counters on ~. {3}, {T}, Remove all eyeball counters from ~: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of eyeball counters removed this way. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order. )

(U) Terra Ravager (Elemental Beast, 0/4, Whenever Terra Ravager attacks, it gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of lands defending player controls.) *Mutated*
(U) Jade Mage (Human Shaman, 2/1, {2}{G}: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.)
(U) Saporling token (1/1)
(S) Charnelhoard Wurm (Wurm, 6/6, Trample. Whenever ~ deals damage to an opponent, you may return target card from your graveyard to your hand. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw

Curse of Predation on you
Responses?

Command Zone: Derevi, Empyrial Tactician (2/3; Flying; Whenever ~ ETB or a creature I control deals combat dmg to a player, I may tap or untap target permanent.; 1GWU: Put ~ onto the battlefield from the command zone)

Battlefield:

(T) Faerie Conclave (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U to my mana pool.; 1U: ~ becomes a 2/1 blue Faerie creature w/flying ueot. It's still a land)
(T) Island
(U) Azorius Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add W or U to my mana pool)
(T) Transguild Promenade (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1.; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

Darksteel Mutation (Enchanted creature is a 0/1 Insect artifact creature w/indestructible and loses all other abilities)
Curse of Predation (Enchant Player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, put a +1/+1 ctr on it)

(U) Lu Xun, Scholar General (1/3; Horsemanship; Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, I may draw a card)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 40
Command Zone: Prossh, Skyraider of Kher (Dragon, 5/5, Flying When you cast ~, put X 0/1 red Kobold creature tokens named Kobolds of Kher Keep onto the battlefield, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Prossh. Sacrifice another creature: Prossh gets +1/+0 until end of turn. )
Battlefield:

(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest
(U) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add {2} to your mana pool. Play this ability only if you control five or more lands. )

Jar of Eyeballs (Whenever a creature you control dies, put two eyeball counters on ~. {3}, {T}, Remove all eyeball counters from ~: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of eyeball counters removed this way. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order. )

(U) Terra Ravager (Elemental Beast, 0/4, Whenever Terra Ravager attacks, it gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is the number of lands defending player controls.) *Mutated*
(U) Jade Mage (Human Shaman, 2/1, {2}{G}: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.)
(S) Charnelhoard Wurm (Wurm, 6/6, Trample. Whenever ~ deals damage to an opponent, you may return target card from your graveyard to your hand. )

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa whoa whoa... not done with my turn yet... I assume that means no responses to the Curse, so my guy attacks.

Responses/blocks/take it?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just gonna delete your post... yeah, but you have an untapped mana so was giving a chance to respond During Blocker if you needed to...

So you take 1, I draw a card and Lu Zun gets a ctr...

Done - discard Sword of Paruns

Hand: 8
Library: 85

Battlefield:

(T) Island

Curse of Predation (Enchant Player; Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player, put a +1/+1 ctr on it)

(T) Lu Xun, Scholar General (2/4 from ctr; Horsemanship; Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, I may draw a card) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Sword of Paruns
Exile:
Mooseman: 39
Battlefield:

(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'm just gonna do the same thing I did last time and now I have to type it all over again and you could have taken your next turn or do I have to do each thing in turn and give you a chance to respond?
UUD
Armillary Sphere
Cycle Dirge of Dread, giving the Wurm fear
Jund charm for 2 +1/+1 counters on Wurm
Attack with Wurm
take 8, get jund charm back to hand
Elvish skysweeper.

Done

Spidey: 31
Hand: 8
Library: 85

Battlefield:

(T) Island

(T) Lu Xun, Scholar General (2/4 from ctr; Horsemanship; Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, I may draw a card) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Sword of Paruns
Exile:
Mooseman: 39
Hand: 2
Library: 4
Battlefield:

(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)

Armillary Sphere (, A, {2}, {T}, Sacrifice Armillary Sphere: Search your library for up to two basic land cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)

(T) Charnelhoard Wurm (Wurm, 8/8, Trample. Whenever ~ deals damage to an opponent, you may return target card from your graveyard to your hand. ) ~2 +1/+1~
(S) Elvish Skysweeper (Elf Warrior, 1/1, 4}{G}, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with flying. )

Graveyard: Dirge of Dread
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. Nope, got nothing in response to all of that.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with Lu Xun for 2 and to draw a card and gains a ctr
Mistmeadow Witch

Done - discard Thousand Year Elixir

Library: 83

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U) Transguild Promenade (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1.; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(T) Lu Xun, Scholar General (3/5 from ctr; Horsemanship; Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, I may draw a card) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Mistmeadow Witch (1/1; 2WU: Exile target creature. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step)

Graveyard: Sword of Paruns, Thousand Year Elixir
Exile:
Mooseman: 37
Library: 4
Battlefield:

(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.)

Armillary Sphere (, A, {2}, {T}, Sacrifice Armillary Sphere: Search your library for up to two basic land cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)

(T) Charnelhoard Wurm (Wurm, 8/8, Trample. Whenever ~ deals damage to an opponent, you may return target card from your graveyard to your hand. ) ~2 +1/+1~
(S) Elvish Skysweeper (Elf Warrior, 1/1, 4}{G}, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with flying. )

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Okie dokie
UUD
Swamp
Jund charm to put 2 +1/+1 counters on my mage
Response?

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U) Transguild Promenade (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I pay 1.; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(T) Lu Xun, Scholar General (3/5 from ctr; Horsemanship; Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, I may draw a card) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Mistmeadow Witch (1/1; 2WU: Exile target creature. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step)

Exile:
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add {2} to your mana pool. Play this ability only if you control five or more lands. )

(U) Jade Mage (Human Shaman, 4/3, {2}{G}: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.) ~2 +1/+1~

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Take 8, get Jund Charm back to hand
Cast Jund Charm to deal 2 damage to all creatures
Response?

Spidey: 23

Battlefield:

(T) Island

Exile:
Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add {2} to your mana pool. Play this ability only if you control five or more lands. )

(U) Jade Mage (Human Shaman, 4/3, {2}{G}: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.) ~2 +1/+1~

Graveyard: Dirge of Dread, Jund Charm
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Nice move
Then after combat
Armillary Sphere to get MT and Forest
Play the MT
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Island

Exile:
Library: 80
Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x3
(UU) Mountain
(T) Forest

Jar of Eyeballs (Whenever a creature you control dies, put two eyeball counters on ~. {3}, {T}, Remove all eyeball counters from ~: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of eyeball counters removed this way. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order. ) ~2 cnts~

(U) Elvish Skysweeper (Elf Warrior, 1/1, 4}{G}, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with flying. )

Exile Charnelhoard Wurm

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh boy.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swiftfoot Boots

Done

Hand: 6

Battlefield:

(T) Island

(U) Swiftfoot Boots (Equipped creature has hexproof and haste.; Equip 1)

(U) Lu Xun, Scholar General (3/5 from ctr; Horsemanship; Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, I may draw a card) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Mistmeadow Witch (1/1; 2WU: Exile target creature. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step)

Graveyard: Sword of Paruns, Thousand Year Elixir, Selesnya Charm
Exile:
Library: 80
Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x3
(UU) Mountain
(T) Forest

Jar of Eyeballs (Whenever a creature you control dies, put two eyeball counters on ~. {3}, {T}, Remove all eyeball counters from ~: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of eyeball counters removed this way. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order. ) ~2 cnts~

(U) Elvish Skysweeper (Elf Warrior, 1/1, 4}{G}, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy target creature with flying. )

Exile Charnelhoard Wurm

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT: Create a Saporling (I wonder if this is something this deck uses)

Untap, upkeep, Draw
Kazandu Refuge
Stalking Vengeance

Response?

Battlefield:

(T) Island

(U) Lu Xun, Scholar General (3/5 from ctr; Horsemanship; Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, I may draw a card) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Mistmeadow Witch (1/1; 2WU: Exile target creature. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step)

Exile:
Mooseman: 38
Library: 79
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Mountain
(U) Forest
(T) Kazandu Refuge (ETB Tapped. When~ ETBd, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {R} or {G} to your mana pool. )

(U) Stalking Vengeance (Avatar, 5/5, Haste. Whenever another creature you control is put into a graveyard from play, it deals damage equal to its power to target player. )

Exile Charnelhoard Wurm

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Attack with
Stalking Vengeance

Battlefield:

(T) Island

Exile:
Mooseman: 38
Library: 79
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(TT) Mountain
(U) Forest
(T) Kazandu Refuge (ETB Tapped. When~ ETBd, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {R} or {G} to your mana pool. )

(T) Saporling token (1/1)
(U) Stalking Vengeance (Avatar, 5/5, Haste. Whenever another creature you control is put into a graveyard from play, it deals damage equal to its power to target player. )

Exile Charnelhoard Wurm