Commander 2011: Spidey (Mirror Mastery) vs Mooseman (Devour for Power)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw

AEthersnipe, returning the Mimeoplasm to your hand

Done

Spidey: 18
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 4
Library: 84
Commander Zone: 2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield) *in library*

Battlefield:

(U) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(T) Vivid Grove (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *0 charge cts*
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2

(S) AEthersnipe (4/4; When ~ ETB, return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.; Evoke 1UU)

Graveyard: Sol Ring, Lightning Greaves, Deadwood Treefolk
Exile:Hydra Omnivore
============================================================================
Mooseman: 24
Hand: 3
Library: 82
Commander Zone:2GUB
Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(U) Forest
(U) Dimir Signet ( 1, T: Add UB to your mana pool.)
(T) Lonely Sandbar (~ETB Tapped. Tap: Add U Cycling U )
(U) Terramorphic Expanse

(T) The Mimeoplasm as Fleshbag Marauder ( Legendary Ooze, 11/9, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. ) ~8 +1/+1 ~ *BACK TO HAND?*
(S) Solemn Simulacrum (Golem, 2/2, When ~ ETB, you may search your library for a basic land card, put that card OTB tapped, then shuffle your library. When ~ dies, you may draw a card. )

Graveyard: Relic Crush, Butcher of Malakir
Exile:Fleshbag Marauder

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT: Use the Expanse to get a Forest
Untap, upkeep, draw

Cast Mimeo as the Buthcher with the treefolks power in +1/+1 counters
Attack with the Solemn Simulacrum
Block?

Commander Zone: 2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield) *in library*

Battlefield:

(U) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(T) Vivid Grove (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *0 charge cts*
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2

(S) AEthersnipe (4/4; When ~ ETB, return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.; Evoke 1UU)

Graveyard: Sol Ring, Lightning Greaves,
Exile:Hydra Omnivore, Deadwood Treefolk
Library: 81
Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(UT) Forest
(U) Terramorphic Expanse

(S) The Mimeoplasm as Butcher of Malakir ( Flying. Whenever ~ or another creature you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a creature. ) ( Legendary Ooze, 8/7, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. ) ~3 +1/+1 ~
(T) Solemn Simulacrum (Golem, 2/2, When ~ ETB, you may search your library for a basic land card, put that card OTB tapped, then shuffle your library. When ~ dies, you may draw a card. )

Graveyard: Relic Crush,
Exile:Fleshbag Marauder, Butcher of Malakir

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Simulacrum dies
You sac the Snipe (from Butcher)
I draw a card
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2

Graveyard: Sol Ring, Lightning Greaves, AEthersnipe
Hand: 5
Library: 80
Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(UT) Forest

(S) The Mimeoplasm as Butcher of Malakir ( Flying. Whenever ~ or another creature you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a creature. ) ( Legendary Ooze, 8/7, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. ) ~3 +1/+1 ~

Graveyard: Relic Crush, Terramorphic Expanse, Solemn Simulacrum

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw

Cultivate, getting 2 Islands

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,U) Mt x2
(T) Island

Graveyard: Sol Ring, Lightning Greaves, AEthersnipe, Cultivate
Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(UT) Forest

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Swamp
Attack with the Mimeo-Butcher
Response?

Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,U) Mt x2
(T) Island

Library: 79
Battlefield:

(UUU) Swamp x3
(UUUU) Island x4
(UU) Forest x2
(U) Lonely Sandbar (~ETB Tapped. Tap: Add U Cycling U )

(T) The Mimeoplasm as Butcher of Malakir ( Flying. Whenever ~ or another creature you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a creature. ) ( Legendary Ooze, 8/7, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. ) ~3 +1/+1 ~

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That's 8
Triskelavus
Done

Spidey: 10

Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,U) Mt x2
(T) Island

Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Island x4
(TT) Forest x2

(T) The Mimeoplasm as Butcher of Malakir ( Flying. Whenever ~ or another creature you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a creature. ) ( Legendary Ooze, 8/7, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. ) ~3 +1/+1 ~
(S) Triskelavus (Construct, 1/1, Flying. Triskelavus comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it.
1, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Triskelavus: Put a 1/1 Triskelavite artifact creature token with flying into play. It has "Sacrifice this creature: This creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player." )

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like this is it...

Untap, upkeep, draw

Island
Savage Twister for 7
Responses?

Spidey: 10
Dmg from Commander: 8/21

Battlefield:

(T) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Island x2

Graveyard: Sol Ring, Lightning Greaves, AEthersnipe, Cultivate, Savage Twister
Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Island x4
(TT) Forest x2

(S) Triskelavus (Construct, 1/1, Flying. Triskelavus comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it.
1, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Triskelavus: Put a 1/1 Triskelavite artifact creature token with flying into play. It has "Sacrifice this creature: This creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player." )

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I will pay 3 to remove all the +1/+1 counters on the Triskelavus to create 3 Triskelavite artifact creatures then sac the to do 3 total points of damage to you

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm done then.

Spidey: 7

Battlefield:

(T) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Island x2

Commander Zone:2GUB TheMimeoplasm
Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Island x4
(TT) Forest x2

Graveyard: Relic Crush, Terramorphic Expanse, Solemn Simulacrum, Triskelavus

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Yavimaya Elder
Get a forest and a swamp
Play the forest
Vorosh, the Hunter
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Island x2

Library: 76
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UUTT) Island x4
(TTT) Forest x3
(T) Dimir Signet ( 1, T: Add UB to your mana pool.)

(S) Yavimaya Elder (Druid, 2/1, When Yavimaya Elder is put into a graveyard from play, you may search your library for up to two basic land cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.2, Sacrifice Yavimaya Elder: Draw a card. )
(S) Vorosh, the Hunter (Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever Vorosh, the Hunter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2G. If you do, put six +1/+1 counters on Vorosh. )

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Trench Gorger
Responses?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Island x2

(S) Trench Gorger (6/6; When ~ ETB, I may search my library for any # of land cards, exile them, then shuffle my library. If I do, ~'s power and toughness each become equal to the # of cards exiled this way)

Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UUTT) Island x4
(TTT) Forest x3

(S) Yavimaya Elder (Druid, 2/1, When Yavimaya Elder is put into a graveyard from play, you may search your library for up to two basic land cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.2, Sacrifice Yavimaya Elder: Draw a card. )
(S) Vorosh, the Hunter (Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever Vorosh, the Hunter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2G. If you do, put six +1/+1 counters on Vorosh. )

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, I'll exile Island, Mt, Rupture Spire, Evolving Wilds, Izzet Boilerworks, Forest, Kazandu Refuge, Forest, Homeward Path, Mt, Island, Forest x5, Mt x2, Gruul Turf, Mt, Temple of the False God, Fungal Reaches, Simic Growth Chamber, Mt, Command Tower, Vivid Creek, Island x2, Forest x2, Island, Kodama's Reach, Forest for 33.

Done

Library: 46

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Island x2

(S) Trench Gorger (33/33 When ~ ETB, I may search my library for any # of land cards, exile them, then shuffle my library. If I do, ~'s power and toughness each become equal to the # of cards exiled this way)

Exile:Hydra Omnivore, Deadwood Treefolk, Island, Mt, Rupture Spire, Evolving Wilds, Izzet Boilerworks, Forest, Kazandu Refuge, Forest, Homeward Path, Mt, Island, Forest x5, Mt x2, Gruul Turf, Mt, Temple of the False God, Fungal Reaches, Simic Growth Chamber, Mt, Command Tower, Vivid Creek, Island x2, Forest x2, Island, Kodama's Reach, Forest
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UUTT) Island x4
(TTT) Forest x3

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Nice big fattie
UUD
Swamp
Grave Pact
Skullbriar, the Walking Grave
Attack with all three
Blocks/Respone?

Library: 46

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Island x2

(S) Trench Gorger (33/33 When ~ ETB, I may search my library for any # of land cards, exile them, then shuffle my library. If I do, ~'s power and toughness each become equal to the # of cards exiled this way)

Exile:Hydra Omnivore, Deadwood Treefolk, Island, Mt, Rupture Spire, Evolving Wilds, Izzet Boilerworks, Forest, Kazandu Refuge, Forest, Homeward Path, Mt, Island, Forest x5, Mt x2, Gruul Turf, Mt, Temple of the False God, Fungal Reaches, Simic Growth Chamber, Mt, Command Tower, Vivid Creek, Island x2, Forest x2, Island, Kodama's Reach, Forest
Hand: 2
Library: 75
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Swamp x4
(UUUU) Island x4
(UUT) Forest x3

Grave Pact (Whenever any creature you control is put into any graveyard, each other player sacrifices a creature.)

(T) Yavimaya Elder (Druid, 2/1, When Yavimaya Elder is put into a graveyard from play, you may search your library for up to two basic land cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.2, Sacrifice Yavimaya Elder: Draw a card. )
(T) Vorosh, the Hunter (Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever Vorosh, the Hunter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2G. If you do, put six +1/+1 counters on Vorosh. )
(T) Skullbriar, the Walking Grave ( 1/1, Haste Whenever Skullbriar, the Walking Grave deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it. Counters remain on Skullbriar as it moves to any zone other than a player's hand or library. )