Commander 2011: Spidey (Mirror Mastery) vs Mooseman (Devour for Power)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Damn penny rolls off the desk across the floor and into the bookshelf....
And it's still HEADS!!!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here we go!

Draw 7, mulligan (arg!)
Draw 6, keep
Vivid Crag, Done

Spidey: 40
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 5
Library: 93
Commander Zone: 2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)

Battlefield:

(T) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 40
Hand: 7
Library: 92
Commander Zone:
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'm playing
Devour for Power

Draw 7
Draw
Island
Done

Library: 93
Commander Zone: 2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)

Battlefield:

(T) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 91
Commander Zone:2GUB The Mimeoplasm ( Legendary Ooze, 0/0, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. )
Battlefield:

(U) Island

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Fast start for us...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Vivid Grove

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge ctrs*
(T) Vivid Grove (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge cts*

Graveyard:
Exile:
Commander Zone:2GUB The Mimeoplasm ( Legendary Ooze, 0/0, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. )
Battlefield:

(U) Island

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
okay, here come the speed.....
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Dimir Signet

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge ctrs*
(T) Vivid Grove (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge cts*

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 6
Library: 90
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Forest
(U) Dimir Signet ( 1, T: Add UB to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo!

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Lightning Greaves

Done

Hand: 4

Battlefield:

(T) Forest

(U) Lightning Greaves (Equipped creature has shroud and haste.; Equip 0)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Island

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 89
Battlefield:

(UU) Island x2
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, this is a snoozefest

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mt

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Vivid Grove (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge cts*
(U) Forest
(U) Mt

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UU) Island x2
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Let the snoring begin
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Vivid Grove (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge cts*
(U) Forest
(U) Mt

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 88
Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. I would say I might actually have a chance this game, except I know that to be false :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Riku, using a charge ctr from the Crag
Responses?

Battlefield:

(T) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Mt

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spell Crumble Putting them both in our libraries.......
Response?

BTW - I don't know how you lost the last one........

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So now I have to draw him? Aw, great...

Done

I just ran out of steam (i.e. creatures). I kept drawing land and with you drawing 3 cards a turn, you just outdrew me. I think my one mistake was trying to cast that one creature instead of putting him into play via the Commander, which allowed you to Spell Crumple him, but that's it as far as I can see.

Battlefield:

(T) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Mt

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUU) Island x3
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So now I have to draw him? Aw, great...
Yeah, I thought do too.... great.... :D
UUD
Island
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Mt

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUU) Island x4
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw

All right, let's try this:
Sol Ring
Hydra Omnivore
Equip the Greaves to it
Attack for 8?

Done

Hand: 3
Commander Zone: 2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield) *in library*

Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Mt

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)

(T) Hydra Omnivore (8/8; Shroud, Haste from Greaves; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to Mooseman, it deals that much dmg to each other opponent) *Equipped w/Greaves*

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 40 32?
Battlefield:

(UUUU) Island x4
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Boo... no attack, still done

Commander Zone: 2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield) *in library*

Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Mt

(S) Hydra Omnivore (8/8; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to Mooseman, it deals that much dmg to each other opponent)

Graveyard: Sol Ring, Lightning Greaves
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUU) Island x4
(U) Forest

Graveyard: Relic Crush
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD

Vorosh, the Hunter
Lonely Sandbar
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Mt

(S) Hydra Omnivore (8/8; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to Mooseman, it deals that much dmg to each other opponent)

Exile:
Library: 87
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Island x4
(T) Forest
(T) Dimir Signet ( 1, T: Add UB to your mana pool.)
(T) Lonely Sandbar (~ETB Tapped. Tap: Add UCycling U )

(S) Vorosh, the Hunter (Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever Vorosh, the Hunter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2G. If you do, put six +1/+1 counters on Vorosh. )

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Here come the creatures...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Hydra
Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(U) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Mt

(T) Hydra Omnivore (8/8; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to Mooseman, it deals that much dmg to each other opponent)

Exile:
Library: 87
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Island x4
(T) Forest
(T) Dimir Signet ( 1, T: Add UB to your mana pool.)
(T) Lonely Sandbar (~ETB Tapped. Tap: Add UCycling U )

(S) Vorosh, the Hunter (Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever Vorosh, the Hunter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2G. If you do, put six +1/+1 counters on Vorosh. )

Exile: