Commander 2011: Spidey (Mirror Mastery) vs Mooseman (Devour for Power)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I assume dmg resolved because you're tapped out and I don't think there's acc spells in these decks. If I'm mistaken, we can back up :)

So that's 8

Forest

Done

Spidey: 40
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 3
Library: 88
Commander Zone: 2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield) *in library*

Battlefield:

(U) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(U) Vivid Grove (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge cts*
(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Mt

(T) Hydra Omnivore (8/8; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to Mooseman, it deals that much dmg to each other opponent)

Graveyard: Sol Ring, Lightning Greaves
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 32
Library: 87
Commander Zone:2GUB The Mimeoplasm ( Legendary Ooze, 0/0, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. )
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Island x4
(T) Forest
(T) Dimir Signet ( 1, T: Add UB to your mana pool.)
(T) Lonely Sandbar (~ETB Tapped. Tap: Add UCycling U )

(S) Vorosh, the Hunter (Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever Vorosh, the Hunter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2G. If you do, put six +1/+1 counters on Vorosh. )

Graveyard: Relic Crush
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That's correct
UUD
Swamp
Butcher
Attack with my flyer.
Response?

Spidey: 40
Commander Zone: 2URG Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, I may pay UR. If I do, copy that spell. I may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under my control, I may pay GU. If I do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield) *in library*

Battlefield:

(U) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(U) Vivid Grove (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *2 charge cts*
(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Mt

(T) Hydra Omnivore (8/8; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to Mooseman, it deals that much dmg to each other opponent)

Exile:
Hand: 2
Library: 86
Commander Zone:2GUB The Mimeoplasm ( Legendary Ooze, 0/0, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. )
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(T) Forest

(T) Vorosh, the Hunter (Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever Vorosh, the Hunter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2G. If you do, put six +1/+1 counters on Vorosh. )
(S) Butcher of Malakir (Vampire Warrior, 5/4, Flying. Whenever ~ or another creature you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a creature. )

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That's 6
Done

Spidey: 34

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Mt

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(T) Forest

(T) Vorosh, the Hunter (Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever Vorosh, the Hunter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2G. If you do, put six +1/+1 counters on Vorosh. )
(S) Butcher of Malakir (Vampire Warrior, 5/4, Flying. Whenever ~ or another creature you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a creature. )

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Hydra
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 4

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Mt

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(T) Forest

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 8

Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Mt

Exile:
Mooseman: 24
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(T) Forest

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Attack with both
Response?

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Mt

Exile:
Library: 85
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(UUUU) Island x4
(U) Forest
(U) Dimir Signet ( 1, T: Add UB to your mana pool.)
(U) Lonely Sandbar (~ETB Tapped. Tap: Add UCycling U )

(T) Butcher of Malakir (Vampire Warrior, 5/4, Flying. Whenever ~ or another creature you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a creature. )

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That's 11
2G to give the Hunter 6 +1/+1 counters
Response?

Spidey: 23

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Mt

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(UUTT) Island x4
(T) Forest
(U) Lonely Sandbar (~ETB Tapped. Tap: Add UCycling U )

(T) Vorosh, the Hunter (Dragon, 12/12, Flying. Whenever Vorosh, the Hunter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2G. If you do, put six +1/+1 counters on Vorosh. ) ~ 6 +1/+1~
(T) Butcher of Malakir (Vampire Warrior, 5/4, Flying. Whenever ~ or another creature you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a creature. )/+

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Then here is another, "of course you do", moment
Fleshbag Marauder
Response?

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Mt

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(T) Forest
(U) Lonely Sandbar (~ETB Tapped. Tap: Add U Cycling U )

(T) Vorosh, the Hunter (Dragon, 12/12, Flying. Whenever Vorosh, the Hunter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2G. If you do, put six +1/+1 counters on Vorosh. ) ~ 6 +1/+1~
(T) Butcher of Malakir (Vampire Warrior, 5/4, Flying. Whenever ~ or another creature you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, each opponent sacrifices a creature. )/+

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'll sac the Fleshbag Marauder
Done

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Mt

Graveyard: Sol Ring, Lightning Greaves, Hydra Omnivore
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(T) Forest

Graveyard: Relic Crush, Fleshbag Marauder
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw

AEthersnipe, targeting Vorosh

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(T) Vivid Grove (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge cts*
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T) Mt

(S) AEthersnipe (4/4; When ~ ETB, return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.; Evoke 1UU)

Graveyard: Sol Ring, Lightning Greaves, Hydra Omnivore
Exile:
Hand: 2 3-Vorosh?
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(T) Forest

(T) Vorosh, the Hunter (Dragon, 12/12, Flying. Whenever Vorosh, the Hunter deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2G. If you do, put six +1/+1 counters on Vorosh. ) ~ 6 +1/+1~ *BACK TO HAND??*

Graveyard: Relic Crush, Fleshbag Marauder
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Attack with Butcher
Mimeo as the Fleshbag and exile the Hydra for 8 +1/+1 counters
Sac the Butcher
Done

Spidey: 18

Battlefield:

(T) Vivid Crag (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add R to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(T) Vivid Grove (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge cts*
(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T) Mt

Graveyard: Sol Ring, Lightning Greaves, , AEthersnipe
Exile:Hydra Omnivore
Library: 84
Commander Zone:2GUB
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(UUTT) Island x4
(T) Forest
(T) Lonely Sandbar (~ETB Tapped. Tap: Add U Cycling U )

(S) The Mimeoplasm as Fleshbag Marauder ( Legendary Ooze, 11/9, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. ) ~8 +1/+1 ~

Graveyard: Relic Crush, Butcher of Malakir
Exile:Fleshbag Marauder

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man. You have all the answers in these Commander games.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mt
Deadwood Treefolk, returning AEthersnipe

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2

(S) Deadwood Treefolk (3/6; Vanishing 3; When ~ ETB or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)

Library: 84
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(UUTT) Island x4
(T) Forest

(S) The Mimeoplasm as Fleshbag Marauder ( Legendary Ooze, 11/9, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. ) ~8 +1/+1 ~

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Man. You have all the answers in these Commander games.
Well that answer was in plain sight.

Untap, upkeep, Draw
Attack
Block?

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2

(S) Deadwood Treefolk (3/6; Vanishing 3; When ~ ETB or leaves the battlefield, return another target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)

Hand: 5
Library: 83
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(UUUU) Island x4
(U) Forest

(T) The Mimeoplasm as Fleshbag Marauder ( Legendary Ooze, 11/9, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. ) ~8 +1/+1 ~

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Tree dies
Solemn Simulacrum
get a Swamp
Terramorphic Expanse
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mt x2

Library: 82
Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp
(UTTT) Island x4
(U) Forest
(U) Terramorphic Expanse

(T) The Mimeoplasm as Fleshbag Marauder ( Legendary Ooze, 11/9, As The Mimeoplasm enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card. ) ~8 +1/+1 ~
(S) Solemn Simulacrum (Golem, 2/2, When ~ ETB, you may search your library for a basic land card, put that card OTB tapped, then shuffle your library. When ~ dies, you may draw a card. )