COK preview cards

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Reverend Love
Wow, looks like COK will penetrate every niche of magic. I'm virtually gushing with excitement. I'm all about a new set's deep penetration in magic.
ROTFL

R

Rooser

As for the latest card, I'm sorry to those who like it, but I think it's mostly garbage. Generally it's not worth it to have to pay six mana just to be wacky. It'd be a good effect for a mild chaos roll list, though.

O

orgg

I wrote an article about the abysmal keyword for walls and how it could've been handled... and starcity hasn't put it up yet.

I'm going to submit it tonight.

...but I agree. We should outcry to Wizards of the Coast about the horrible handling of walls.

It was suggested that there is some time to get at least part of it changed in some way, shape, or form. We need to make use of that time.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Rooser
As for the latest card, I'm sorry to those who like it, but I think it's mostly garbage. Generally it's not worth it to have to pay six mana just to be wacky. It'd be a good effect for a mild chaos roll list, though.
More proof that they don't really want people participating in the attack phase. Gee, how horrible is this set's cohesion going along? This is one more thing that will ruin fun casual multiplayer games faster than a Platinum Angel. Feh! :rolleyes: :mad:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I disagree. Like Anthony said, it lets weenie and smaller creature decks be able to compete with the big crushers since they now have a chance to take them out (of course, this will probably make the fattie guys upset). It's expensive so it's more a late game play anyway, but could turn the board back in your favor (especially if you're going to lose anyway).

M

Mikeymike

Wow, you guys are being tough on this card. I play coin-flip cards, and personally I feel like this is one of the best - and most powerful - flippers that they have ever created.

Its stands alone in MP as a wrecking ball, and really it is not difficult to build around.

And then you team it up with Krark's Thumb and you have a seriously oppressive weapon. The opponent has to sack all of their creatures if they want to get in your way, and in turn you leave a 1/1 flyer back to block and what are they supposed to do? You own that table.
And by the way, Mana Flare is now Green.

Attachments

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bleh, Mana Flare was never good before. It won't be better just from being green...

I'm waiting to see some real brokenness already...

N

Nightstalkers

Swirl the Mists and Squelch seem like goodies from Blue...

Nezume Graverobber can be bad... but only if you put it out when your opponent has nothin' in the graveyard...

General's Kabuto... This'll be fun...

Oathkeeper, Takeno's Daisho is some nasty voodoo crap...

Sensei's Divining Top is one useful little toy!

Shell of the Last Kappa is hillarious if you know how to use it.

Boseiju, Who Shelters All is everyones response to the age old saying that was brought to us with Counterspell (If you don't know what it is, the saying is: "No")... The response is "Yes!"