Clinton, not winning the DNC nomination

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
DarthFerret said:
Regardless of what you think of Limbaugh, or what you think of his content, I bet that Clinton's numbers have actually been affected (although not greatly) by his "operation chaos".
I highly doubt that and since there is no way to prove it either way, it's all a matter of opinion and perspective.

I haven't listened to Rush since 1996, have never listened to Hannity and doesn't Mahr do politically incorrect?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Really? Is Rush still the voice of the far right?

I really don't may any attention to talking heads...... well maybe Lou Dobbs, but not daily or even weekly......

Bill Mahr is the Liberal spokesperson?
What happened to that comic, Al Frankin?
What happened to Air America, the liberal radio station to counter Rush?

D

DarthFerret

I am sure that those people and that radio program are still there, and still talking, however Rush seems to be one of the most popular talk show hosts (in radio) of our time. Hannity is working his way up there but still has a way to go. I used to listen to Mike Reagan, however he is not broadcast here in Houston, and I am way to cheap to buy a Satalite Radio.

Bill Mahr is televised, however, from what I have heard (although I may be wrong) his ratings have been dropping and so has his viewing audience. It seems to be his only goal now is to put on 3 liberals vs. 1 conservative and then gang up on him. Not sure if this is what he is truely after, but it is what I have seen (only seen a couple as i do not have any television reception currently. Too cheap to pay for that too..heh).

Killer Joe

Rachel Maddow is the BIG talking head at Air America but she doesn't say enough stupid and ridiculous things for me to bother listening to her. Rush is WAY better at that although Bill OReilly is pretty close but the difference is that Rush is trying to be funny and Bill O. actually believes his rhetoric. :p

I keep hoping that Al Franken and Anne Coultergiest "hook-up" and finally have that Love Child I've been wishing for. :rolleyes:

And I'm sorry, but Rush IS funny even though I don't agree with any of his stuff (I don't think he does either, imo) and Bill Mahr is funny, too but now he's so sarcastic you can barely sift out the informative from the benign.

Jon Stewart is funny but he's been leaning too much to the center as of late, he had John McCain on the other day and was playfully bantering with him especially when talking about who John's VP ought to be if he wants to WIN the Pres. spot: Hillary :D Now that was fuuny.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Why should she quit? She may not be able to win the nod, but then neither can Oboma..... why doesn't he quit?

If there is no winner then, Fla and Minn (Mich?) should be allowed to vote..... Howard Dean is an idiot to kick out all those voters.... It wasn't their fault the Democratic leaders of their state are idiots too.....

Killer Joe

She shouldn't quit, imo. But I'm starting to think that by her staying in more and more folks will register just so they can either vote for Obama or Clinton and either way is good for the dems because that means there will be more registered democrat voters in the fall.

And what about Edwards endorsing Obama? I have no idea what this is going to mean, but the timing is right. Obama losing big in W.Va. and now having Edwards may bridge that gap for the Kentucky primaries. Maybe.

D

DarthFerret

When it comes to a presidential election, it does not matter how you are registered (at least in Texas it doesn't).

Look at the actual numbers. Hillary cannot win, Obama can. However I hope she stays in. The Clinton machine will keep digging stuff up on Obama, she will look like the enemy, and McCain will win the presidency.

By the way, Moose, you are correct (and it is Michigan..not Minnesota). Florida and Michigan should be allowed to have thier votes count, however it is thier own fault. This has been a wierd year with all the states that changed thier primaries so that thier votes would "matter". I think the ones that stayed put are going to "matter" more. This is just a really fun year to watch all the scurrying, posturing, etc...

By the way, did you see Obamam make the mistake of saying that he visited 57 States, all but one of the continental States? I know it was a simple mistake, but if McCain had done that would not the liberal media start questioning his age? You bet they would.

See? Lots of fun!

Yes Obama did appologize for calling the reporter "sweetie". I think that was not a smart move. If he truely does call every one "sweetie" then why should he appologize this one time? Should have just left it alone. He definately needs a better PR manager. Wonder if he is hiring?

Killer Joe

This whole thing could over today if Obama would just offer Clinton an appointment to the Supreme Court because as Vice-President she wouldn't matter very much but as a Justice, WHAM!!! All kinds of stuff could happen (both good and/or bad depending on your political point of view).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Killer Joe said:
This whole thing could over today if Obama would just offer Clinton an appointment to the Supreme Court because as Vice-President she wouldn't matter very much but as a Justice, WHAM!!! All kinds of stuff could happen (both good and/or bad depending on your political point of view).
So which justice would he be having assassinated? Or would the assumption be that one of the current ones will kick the bucket sometime soon?

Killer Joe

Okay, so even if he threw her a "bone" like promising her that IF a position should open, she could have it. I like the line-up of the SC as of right now.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought there were a couple of justices close to retiring though... I read recently that just one more conservative would tip the majority that way...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
I thought there were a couple of justices close to retiring though... I read recently that just one more conservative would tip the majority that way...
What?
Roberts, Stevens, Scalia, Kennedy, Souter, Thomas and Alito were eith Bush, Regan or Ford nominees
While Breyer and Ginsburg are the only two nominated by a Democrat (Clinton)

Roberts is 53
Stevens is 88
Scalia is 72
Kennedy is 72
Souter is 69
Thomas is 60
Ginsburg is 75
Breyer is 70
Alito is 58

Stevens will be leaving the court in the next 4 yrs with Ginsburg not far behind.

This will be a conservative leaning court for many years to come..... at least 10 yrs.....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but I think even though they were appointed by Republicans, three of them have been voting more "liberal" than not.

However, I'm not sure which three or even if I'm totally off-base with this :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
Yeah, but I think even though they were appointed by Republicans, three of them have been voting more "liberal" than not.

However, I'm not sure which three or even if I'm totally off-base with this :)
Well, it depends on what counts as "liberal." Is there a particular sort of case that serves as a good benchmark for this?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You got me. I'm just repeating what I thought the "experts" say when they say a justice votes "liberal" or "conservative".

D

DarthFerret

Is today the last day for Hillary Clinton? Will Barak Obama win or lose? It is down to the wire now. This is the last primary and it will be interesting to see which Democratic nominee gets to get beat by McCain.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Hilary is done, stick a fork in her..... and I win $10... woo hoo

John McCain is our next president..... hopefully he will sweep clean the entire administration and install people with real standards and convictions...... Clean up the quagmires the shrub duped the US into and set the tone for open and honest government......

D

DarthFerret

It is funny. I just looked at MSNBC.com and they have the AP reporting she will drop tonight, and her camp is disputing that claim. No one knows much of anything really in the media do they?

Moose...congrats on the $10.00.

Buy me a #2 from McDonalds?