Clearing up Peasant Magic Misconceptions

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Fact or Fiction is nicely synergistic with Psychatog, and Force of Will is really just another counterspell, even if it's easily the best one in the format. I would definitely try to squeeze in Fact or Fiction, in as many copies as possible...

T

train

The Force can go, in Light of FoF...

But you could even make the tog hit a little faster, by brain freezing yourself!... it's uncommon...

then there's mental note...

and my favorite from my dak-sided blu-playing days - vision charm...

E

Ephraim

I'm experimented a little bit with Psychatog in Peasant Magic. It isn't my specialty, but I'm pretty sure that the best Uncommon split for this deck is 3 Fact or Fiction, 2 Psychatog. It may also be reasonable to do 1 Psychatog, 2 Fact or Fiction, 2 Demonic Tutor. It's a difficult call to make. The more Fact or Fiction you have, the more you want to have multiple Psychatogs. With just one copy of Psychatog, if you cast Fact or Fiction and the top five cards are Psychatog and some combination of Gush, Brainstorm, Shadow Rift, etc. your opponent can put you in a tight spot by splitting the cards 4/1 with Psychatog in the small pile. Running a second copy of 'Tog means that you can comfortably take the four card drawers. Using the scheme with Demonic Tutor means that you can always look for whatever it is you don't have yet: typically Fact or Fiction, Psychatog, or Shadow Rift.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was thinking of 2 FoF, 3 'tog myself, since the other way around seems kind of dangerous, but perhaps the risk isn't as big as I thought...

I don't think Upheaval is key though. I never even liked it...

Killer Joe

2x Psychatog

4x Counterspell
4x Mana Leak
4x Memory Lapse
4x Accumulated Knowledge
3x Fact or Fiction
3x Gush
3x Probe
3x Shadow Rift
4x Aether Burst
2x Capsize

14x Island
4x Remote Isle
4x Swamp
2x Polluted Mire

...maybe :yawn:

Mountains? Bring 'em ON! :p

Killer Joe

RedDD is still too fast for it, though.

I WAS thinking about Duress but in this format maybe Ostricize is better? Hymn to Tourach doesn't get me to SEE my opponent's hand.

T

train

If Red is the problem - try some blasts... there's 8 of them available for Blue...