Clash Packs Fate Reforged: Spidey (Power) vs Oversoul (Profit)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I can't sleeve up the Profit deck (and I'll make sure it's actually the Profit deck this time) until I get home. But I can flip a coin...

Heads it is!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No prob. I gotta put it in Excel and leaving soon and am off until Tuesday, so that should give you time ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Noticed a discrepency in sleeve counts between decks and realized that at some point, years ago, I sorted the foils out of this Clash Pack. I tracked the foils down (two of them were in my trade binder by mistake, but had thankfully not been traded away). Deck is corrected and fully shuffled now. Ready when you are!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Keep. No, wait, mulligan. Hm, I guess I actually drew 7 in the Brawl game. Uh, I'll get back to you on this...

Edit: misremembered. I totally did draw 7 cards and vaguely remember evaluating them last night. But yeah, I forget if it was a keep or a mulligan. I want to say keep, but I am unsure. Sorry.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, we're doing the London mulligan now, right? So I drew 7 again and am keeping it; I was waiting to see if you kept or mulliganed again after you drew your new 7.

In most cases, sanctioned play nowadays requires that players use the "London" mulligan process. In this process, the player may reshuffle their hand into their deck and draw seven fresh cards any number of times. Then, when the player is satisfied, they place a number of cards from their hand equal to the number of times they mulliganed on the bottom of their library in any order.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Right, I'll put a card on the bottom of my library so I end up with 6 too.

Swamp, Typhoid Rats, Done

Spidey: 20
Hand: 4
Library: 54
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

(S) Typhoid Rats (1/1; Deathtouch)

Graveyard:
Exile:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oversoul: 20
Hand: 6
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Swamp, done.

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

(S) Typhoid Rats (1/1; Deathtouch)

Graveyard:
Exile:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oversoul: 20
Library: 53
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack for 1
Island
Sultai Skullkeeper

Done

Hand: 3
Library: 51
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island

(T) Typhoid Rats (1/1; Deathtouch)
(S) Sultai Skullkeeper (2/1; When ~ ETB, put the top two cards from my library into my graveyard)

Graveyard: Forest, Evolving Wilds
Exile:
Oversoul: 19
Library: 53
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Forest, Leafcrown Dryad, done.

Hand: 3
Library: 51
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island

(S) Sultai Skullkeeper (2/1; When ~ ETB, put the top two cards from my library into my graveyard)

Graveyard: Forest, Evolving Wilds, Typhoid Rats
Exile:
Library: 52
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

(S) Leafcrown Dryad (2/2; Bestow 3G {Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has reach}. Reach.)

Graveyard: Dark Betrayal
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 50
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Island

(T,A) Sultai Skullkeeper (2/1; When ~ ETB, put the top two cards from my library into my graveyard)

Graveyard: Forest, Evolving Wilds, Typhoid Rats
Exile:
Library: 52
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

(S) Leafcrown Dryad (2/2; Bestow 3G {Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has reach}. Reach.)

Graveyard: Dark Betrayal
Exile: