Chewbacca is from Kashyyyk, but lives on Endor... That don't make sense.

N

Nightstalkers

So I was all nice and silent when they made good old Mr. Blade into a figure in the Heroclix game.... but now they've tossed him into the Marvel Ultimate Alliance video game as well...

Why is Blade considered a "super hero" in the marvel universe? Why the heck is he in the marvel universe to begin with?! It's like bringing Poke'mon into the Magic: The Gathering universe because they were made by the same company for goodness sake.

Punt kick that Pika'chu with a freakin' boomerang why don't ya!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably because he fights "bad guys" (this is Blade, the reformed Vampire dude, right?)

Along the same reasons why Punisher is considered a "hero" in the Marvel Universe... he doesn't have any "super powers" but goes after the bad guys anyways...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Mybe because Blade is in the Marvel Universe...
Appearances

* Tomb Of Dracula Vol. 1, No. 10 July 1973

* Tomb Of Dracula Vol. 1, No. 13 October 1973; Featuring: Deacon Frost (mentioned)

* Tomb Of Dracula Vol. 1, No. 18-19 March-April 1974

* Fear Vol. 1, No. 24 October 1974; Featuring: Blade meets Morbius

* Tomb Of Dracula Vol. 1, No. 30 March 1975; Featuring: Ogun, Azu, Musenda, Orji

* Tomb Of Dracula Vol. 1, No. 41-42 February-March 1976

* Tomb Of Dracula Vol. 1, No. 44 May 1976; Blade meets Hannibal King; Featuring: Doctor Strange

* Tomb Of Dracula Vol. 1, No. 45-46 June-July 1976; Featuring: Hannibal King

* Tomb Of Dracula Vol. 1, No. 48-53 September-February 1976; Featuring: Hannibal King

* Doctor Strange Vol. 1, No. 61-62 October-December 1983; Featuring: Dracula, The DarkHold, Hannibal King, Frank Drake

* NightStalkers Vol. 1, No. 1 November 1992; Rise Of The Midnight Sons (part 5of6); Featuring: Dr. Strange

[edit]
Midnight Massacre

* Nightstalkers Vol. 1, No. 10 August 1993; Midnight Massacre (part 1of5); Featuring: SwitchBlade, Johnny Blaze

* Ghost Rider Vol. 2, No. 40 August 1993; Midnight Massacre (part 2of5); Featuring: The Nine (aka Midnight Sons), Demogoblin

* DarkHold Vol. 1, No. 11 August 1993; Midnight Massacre (part 3of5); Featuring: The Nine (aka Midnight Sons)

* Morbius: The Living Vampire Vol. 1, No. 12 August 1993; Midnight Massacre (part 4of5); Featuring: The Nine (aka Midnight Sons), Werewolf (Jack Russell)

* Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits Of Vengeance Vol. 1, No. 13 August 1993; Midnight Massacre (part 5of5); Featuring: The Nine (aka Midnight Sons), Modred, The DarkHold

* NightStalkers Vol. 1, No. 18 April 1994 (Final Issue); Featuring: Dr. Strange

* Blade: The Vampire Hunter Vol. 1, No. 1-10 July 1994-April 1995

* Midnight Sons Unlimited Vol. 1, No. 7 October 1994; Blood Brothers; Featuring: Jonas Cray

* Midnight Sons Unlimited Vol. 1, No. 8 January 1995; A Kynd Of Magick; Featuring: Scarlet Witch, Man-Thing

* Marvel Team-Up Vol. 1, No. 7 March 1998; Featuring: Spider-Man

* Gambit Vol. 1, No. 4 May 1999

* Peter Parker: Spider-Man Vol. 1, No. 7 July 1999

* Blade: Vampire Hunter Vol. 1, No. 1-6 December 1999-May 2000

D

DarthFerret

My Gawd.....he appeared in two Ghost Riders? How did I miss those?

(Yes I am a nerd, I have 2 copies of Ghost Rider 2099, Issues #1. One in mint condition and still sealed. The other for reading (but still in Near Mint)

I am not big on Blade myself, neither was I big on the punisher. My favorite Comic Character.....Venom!

Tag Guard

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Venom????? He was the downfall of the Spiderman titles...... Another bad thing to come out of the Secret Wars garbage.
I really liked the Defenders title with Doc Strange, Nighthawk, Valkyrie, Hulk and Namor......
Yes, I'm a comic fan from way back.

O

orgg

Hellboy Kicks Your Ass.

And then smokes a cigar.

Awesome Movie.

I really don't have a 'favorite' comic, as I havn't read the Hellboy stuff I cannot say whether it does it better for me than the movie. However, I read the Ultimate Muscle manga, and plan on getting a few copies of The Tick when I can, as I've got the Live (AWSOME) version and the animated Season 1 disk. The Tick may become my favorite 'super hero.' (then again, Plastic Man was a favorite when I was a small child)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Hellboy was a good movie... and that is high praise from me......

Spiderman: Did you read the GIANT-SIZE DEFENDERS #3 that fetured the Grandmaster and Daredevil. Very good story and great ending.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mooseman said:
Spiderman: Did you read the GIANT-SIZE DEFENDERS #3 that fetured the Grandmaster and Daredevil. Very good story and great ending.
I don't think so... the only giant-size I remember reading was about the FF and Goliath? The Devourer of World and the SS.

D

DarthFerret

I don't care what y'all say, Venom Rules! Three cheers for Vigilante Justice!

Tag Guard

D

DarthFerret

Jar Jar Binks is a part of the Rebel Alliance and a Traitor! You WILL tell me where you have hidden the stolen plans!

Tag Guard

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
GhostRider was real good, (well, until Nicholas Cage got the role)
Daimon Hellstrom was a cool character, as was Deathlok.
But one of the best was Killraven.

Why is it that most of the Marvel comics to be made into movies are not very good?
Spiderman 1 was good and the FF movie was real good, but the rest are not even 2nd rate.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, for some reason, they're picking not very known or not very popular solo characters (except maybe Daredevil, but I don't think he's that great).

Maybe because they don't want to pay for the whole Avenger cast :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I heard they are going to do an Avenger movie.....
I for one, did not like the XMen movies, mostly it was that I thought some of cast choices were horible..... Wolverine was turned into an idiot... not cool... and the stories were lame.
The Hulk, (one of favorite titles), was a terrible movie.
Daredevil was mildy entertaining.
Spiderman is too whimpy and not wise-cracking enough.
The first Blade was decent, but the others were horrible.
None of the Punisher movies (and there were more two) were lame.