Cartoon

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

First of all...

99% of cartoons in the English language SUCK!!!! That includes most American cartoons, except the Simpsons, which is OK.

Anime should only be watched in Japanese, or if you don't know Japanese, subtitled in English. It's no wonder you people think Anime sucks when you've only seen the American forms of it.

Besides, there are tons of better animes than those seen commonly in America. But because their subject matter is just the least bit weird, few people know about them. I would have been Naga the Serpent, or A-ko, if they weren't female (I'm not weird about it, but some of you uncultured swine are).

Pokemon is only the way it is because some stupid American people wanted to take Pocket Monsters and make it suitable for kids. The point of 99% of anime is that it's not meant specifically for kids, like American cartoons are. Pocket Monsters is funny because it, like a whole lot of good animes that have been royally screwed up over here, parodies the game. Pokemon is not funny because it sucks. (No one brought this up yet, so I will before anyone does.) There is a whole genre of "girls with super powers" type animes in Japan. Sailor Moon, while not exactly my favorite or anything (so don't act like it is), lost all respect that it had in Japan when dubbed because that isn't a genre over here. They even removed two central characters from the story for 4 or so years!!!!!!!!!! (just bcause they were lesbian, then introduced them as "cousins", because we Americans aren't grown up at all)

All ranting aside....

I've been inactive long enough to attach the Phoenix to my head. All enemies of anime, face the wrath of the Blue Thunder of Furinkan High School, Tatewake Kuno!!

Can someone get an Eva in here? Maybe Kenshin?

Oh, and considering that Sleepy is Snorlax, we can use people who are from other animes based on games too! Can someone get Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Ultimecia, Kefka, Terra, Exdeath, Bartz, Zidahl, Ramza, or one of those people in here?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Hey Heero, Goku, we have a common enemy - the AMERICANS!!! Let's get them first!

By the way, Zadok no baka nekko oni guyjin (hee hee hee!)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Not that I don't live here, I just don't assign myself to any nationality.

N

nanokill

hmm... i like the simpson but when...bob and them start dissing anime.......oh......[me]/goku goes oven and snaps radiactive mans neck,"like he is more powerful than me"[/me]

goku then convinces superman to go back to metropolis because darkseid decided to invade again.

then goku goes and throughs ralph into chief wiggum, takes homer and gives him a few cases of douts, gives bart a new video game and sends him inside,then i take monty burns and hurl him at bob.

DON"T EVER MESS WITH ANIME

oh and thallid.....you point of view is very accurate

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Xena isn't a cartoon character IDIOT! So that end doesn't make any sense!!!

Besides, the phoenix is on Kuno's head, so he can't see, and the phoenix can't make out enough stuff for the seizures to cause problems.The Phoenix would attack Bart before they'd watch the TV, as Kuno has too big of an ego and the Phoenix just flies around a lot. Also, I doubt that Bart's power of persuasion has huge merits.

To suggest that Son Goku would miss a stupid, clumsy 10-year-old boy is laughable. It is debatable whether Son Goku or a Gundam is faster, but it is obvious that they are both tons faster than Bart Simpson.

Besides, the only anime that sucks is the American versions, not the other languages! Geheina!

Bob no baka nekko oni guyjin! It never gets less fun to say that!

Does anyone else know Japanese insults?

D

Darsh

Can we just stop and get over this? It's like two people fighting over which would win in a fight, a Star Destroyer or the USS Enterprise. (Everyone knows the correct answer to that right?;))

Everyone has their own opinion, DEAL WITH IT!, everyone is not always going to agree with you, GET OVER IT!

M

Multani

It's the Enterprise.
MUHAAAA!!!
Ooops. Maybe I shouldn't have said that...
(Multani cowers back.)

D

Darsh

Now I have to say that I think a Star Destroyer would win very quickly.;)

B

Bob

Bob steps on the post...SQUISHEE

[Edited by Bob on 10-30-00 at 06:24 PM]

D

Darsh

First of all you were the one to start the American vs Anime

Secondly no one cares if you do not like DBZ but don't go around trashtalking, It only makes you look foolish

And Third you aren't even going to comment about the Star Destroyer vs Enterprise battle?

guest: You call that a battle?!?! Star Destroyer wins in less than 2 seconds I bet.

M

Multani

Need I quote that in a Star Trek episode that lasers wouldn't even penetrate the navigational Deflector?
However in Star Wars, they said nothing about the effectivness of phasers on shields. :D

D

Darsh

What about the Ion Cannons, they disable shields, and don't forget about the Tie-Bombers the Destroyers carry, they have concussion missles and proton torpedos.

Btw Destroyers have 60 Turbolasers and 60 Ion cannons.

This is the last post I'm making on this subject.
NO MORE!

[Edited by Darsh on September 18th, 2000 at 09:53 PM]

N

Namielus

The Simpons isn't a cartoon its a way of life.

And Sleepy is asking to become a vertran? umm he only posts "Zzzzzzzz..."

Now I think that some of those posts shouldn't count cause that isn't even trying to add content... my 2 cents.

D

Duel

The simpsons is less likem a way of life, and more llike a religon.

N

nanokill

Ah...i belive duel has been taken over by the evil movementarians....[me] summons groundskeeper willy to "deprogram" duel[/me]

"the leader is good, the leader is great, we surrender our will as of this date."

MUHAHAHAHAH..........

S

Sleepy

I already am a veteran! and I've been here twice a slong as you so what makes you think you can say anything about wether someone should be a veteran or not! and my comment about sleeping(zzzzzzzzzzz) is becuse earlier in this thread I said I was snorlax! What the hell else would snorlax be doing!!!