Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Tempest was sent... right?
And Future Sight was sent to Ransac and Rokapoke

Rokapoke and Mooseman need Lorwyn.....

B

BigBlue

Thanks!

(My Booster Generator is 'close' to done)...

I'm lacking a few key things...

Odd packs (Torment, Judgement, Alliances, 8 card boosters, Legends - needs a bit of fixing for doubled up uncommons)
I intend to rewrite my random feature for second cards in a color to eliminate most doubles... (the final card is a completely random common and will be difficult to make a non-duplicate... at least in Excel)
Sorting out the "artifact/land/gold" commons for a few expansions - since I'm assigning them "colors" - easy w/ cycles, not as easy w/ the non-cycle type cards...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
What about the time-swhifted cards in time spiral? Suitcase does not add these to boosters (theirs are only 14 cards)

B

BigBlue

Those are easy actually... All they are is a "special" card, it's a random "special" card...

I broke cards down into 8 "rarities"
0 - Special (for Time Spiral Only)
1 - Rare
2 - Uncommon
3 - White Commons
4 - Blue Commons
5 - Black Commons
6 - Red Commons
7 - Green Commons

Most sets didn't have "odd" commons like land, artifact, or gold cards - and if they do, they are usually in obvious cycles to assign them.

Most boosters look like this: 12223344556677# (where # is a random common)
Time spiral is 012223344556677
The 8 card sets look like 2234567#
Alliances (I haven't done yet - and need to look at it since it's 12 cards)
Torment & Judgement will be 1222###########

I was trying to make a formula create packs based on how they are comprised, but it's too hard and most of them follow a typical 15 card pack, so I'm making "special" sheets to handle the oddball boosters - it's just easier...

I haven't done some of the old expansions yet with the oddball Uncommons and Commons (C3, C5, U1, ...) I'll simply make multiple entries for each in my card list for those sets (which is why Legends needs tweaking - they had 7 doubled Uncommons (and I haven't looked up which ones they are yet)

I'm about 80% done... it'll probably be finished next week depending on my time.

I also need to create a method of picking a second common in a color which isn't the first one... not too hard... I just have to think about it... if you number the commons 1, 2, 3, 4, ... 11 (or 22 in larger sets - these are "typical" print sizes)... Pick a random number between 1 and 11, then pick a random number between 1 and 10 (and add it to the first, but if it's bigger than 11 you subtract 11 to get back to the start of the list).... like I said, not too hard... I just had to think about it. :)

And unless there is a large demand for core sets... I'm not doing more than Alpha, Beta/Unlimited (identical print runs), and Revised. Also, I didn't fill out the Uncommons w/ Lands like WotC did for those sets... I could have, but who wants a mountain where a Serra should have been? :) Because I'm a purist, a Mountain will be included in the Arabian Commons (it was a C1 I think)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mooseman said:
What about the time-swhifted cards in time spiral? Suitcase does not add these to boosters (theirs are only 14 cards)
I did that on purpose, there's actually two expansions for Time Spiral and Planar Chaos; there's a "Timeshifted" expansion for each. So you're supposed to generate a "booster" from each set and combine the two results.

B

BigBlue

Ooops... I didn't get the memo on the Planar Chaos one... :) So, I'll have to redo that expansion... :) I think I lumped them as Rares...