Call for booster

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I use suitcase and it does give doubles of commons at times, but I have seen double commons in packs before.....
Vision to Spidey and Modus..... enjoy

Modus, would you like to play me in MindMaster?

M

Modus Pwnens

I generated a random pack of darksteel, just to try it out, and got: 1 triple, and 2 doubles, which can hardly be correct..

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
Mooseman, you've seen regular doubles in packs? Not regular and foil?
Yes. Not that common , but enough to remember it. And I have opened a lot of packs.....

Modus: I agree that triples and doubles in every pack is way to much.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Weird. If I remember, I'll raise it on the Suitcase board, but since no one maintains the code anymore, I don't think it'll get fixed anytime soon.

M

Modus Pwnens

Boosters sent

Edit: i copied all the cards by hand, there has to be a faster way though. What's the trick Mooseman? :D

M

Modus Pwnens

I can only save it as a mdb file (and I don't have MS Access) :(

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Modus Pwnens said:
Edit: i copied all the cards by hand, there has to be a faster way though. What's the trick Mooseman? :D
Type Faster...... That is one of the big problems with Suitcase..... use apprentice and you can copy and paste out of the generator......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I've been saving it as a deck, go into the Deck Editor and save it as a text file, then open up the text file in WordPad and copy-n-paste there. I haven't been able to cut-n-paste directly from the generator...

B

BigBlue

My method is similar to Spidey's...

I save it, open it in Excel, then I can cut & Paste just the card names easilly...

This is why I'd like to make an Excel sheet which does it... I just haven't had the time... I could put it up on google docs and share it, then we would have a web based one that works the way we want it to.

For our purposes, foil doesn't matter - so there's no need for doubles...

The hard one is the one where they gave double or even triple rares potentially... but, even that one isn't so hard if we wanted to do it...

Most of the hard work has been done already - there are plenty of cardlists with rarities already available which can easilly be copied to Excel.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said, I have Excel spreadsheets from BOK onwards... I can send one to you if you want to look at it. I might be able to reverse engineer the other expansions that I don't have.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I think I have a card list upto BOK or something like that.... If you guys set up a space in google docs, let me know what to do and I'll post it there.

B

BigBlue

It's the pack generating formula's I have to work out...

I generated a few packs once, but it was more manual w/ excel... I just have to think how I would do it automatic...

I want to do the color cycling, but since there are an unequal amount of commons per color it screws it up... since I made multiple boosters at once, they flowed from one another last time (the random color picked up where the previous booster left off... and they had completely different cards... they were 2 subsequent boosters off a virtual assembly line...

I guess I'd like some feedback on how people want the MM boosters to be made... I could write a spreadsheet which followed this method of creation... or I could make one which was purely random (more like Apprentice - without doubles or random Mountains). For our purposes, foils don't matter and we should never see a double in a pack... I think it would also be nice to have a more even color spread in the commons. It's crazy to me when you get an apprentice pack w/ 4 or 5 cards in one color from the commons with maybe 1 of another color.... multicolor, land, or artifact commons screw this up, I get that... but most expansions don't have those.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've stopped opening boosters a while back so I don't know about the color distribution, but as long as you don't get any multiples or basic lands is fine with me.

B

BigBlue

I have a spreadsheet for "generic" expansion X which works...

It uses the method I prescribe and shouldn't take too much modification to adapt to actual 15 card boosters...

In this version I'd have a different sheet for each expansion... but I'm debating how I could generalize the system to work for at least all the 15 card booster expansions with some thinking and tweaking... :)

Anyone who wants a copy of it, drop me a PM w/ your email and I'll send it along.

It doesn't use any macro's or programming, because the Google docs don't take those I don't think. The user simply sorts some hidden columns (which have the cards in them) and it generates 2 boosters based on the sorted columns.

M

Modus Pwnens

I currently just write down all singles from a booster, then create another one, and replace all the doubles with new ones from the next booster..