Bush, anyone?

Ferret

Staff member
Be careful with such generalizations.
Why? I really don't care. I've got so many problems of my own right now, that the rest of the world seems pretty insignificant :)

-Ferret

"...riding the Decartean Express!"

D

DÛke

Ferret, with all due respect - if you really don't care, please make it your business not to talk about the subject.

It is not that "everybody wins." Look closely. No on wins. Simple minds and present-life dwellers and lovers, I believe they lack a vision for the near future, the aftermath, the consequences.

train, for example, sees everything as a "one moment" event, each moment completely independent from the other - every bit of realization that life is a chain reaction, an interwoven web, is too lacking at this point. When one has such a limited, almost blind, vision...one can barely see how good or bad today is, and therefore, we have those that even lack good judgment of near and coming moments. Much more, or, much much more...one would not be able to look farther ahead, or at least, a little ahead, and would assume that: "everyone is a winner," or that, indeed, this is a war to "liberate the Iraqi people" - such sick kneeling slaves and their “free world” symptoms are beyond treatment, since we live in a “liberated” environment where the unequal get to actually and equally make sense of themselves by projecting, loudly, their stupidity...it gives one's self a value that is, otherwise, unattainable in a more strict environment. And really, if we say that Americans are, perhaps, the most "unaware" (how's that to be polite?) of all people, it really explains well why, therefore, they fight all too passionately for their "freedoms." They, too, know that their shortcomings, inadequacies, lacking...all this cannot be free to wander in a, say, more intelligent environment where people are unequal, where not all voices and utterings are considered equally. Little-minded people always have fear not being heard, or, being overshadowed by what is more sensible and noble than them...

No wonder some people post a lot...in the CPA, and all over the internet, and talk a lot in real life as well. To them, to over-do means to be equal...

...I laugh at that too...

Ferret

Staff member
DÛke Said

No wonder some people post a lot...in the CPA, and all over the internet, and talk a lot in real life as well. To them, to over-do means to be equal...
There was a time I would have considered this insulting. I don't now. There are more important things in this world to care about. I guess I've stopped taking everything seriously (especialy you). The world is turning into a pretty dark and dismal place where we are calling ourselves "free" in a society where corporate overlords make decisions that can wreck our lives w/ no fear of consequence - and the best part is we want everyone else to do it as well! The point is that we can do it because we have the biggest guns and are not afraid to use them on targets of oportunity. Whether we're doing it for humanitarian reasons, or just taking a proactive step to prevent another September 11th it doesn't matter. We feel justified - and in the end, that's all that matters.

-Ferret

"...BTW, Train - I failed at quitting smoking. I'm up to a pack a day..."

D

DÛke

Ferret:

The world is turning into a pretty dark and dismal place...
How fond must you be of such a religious "dream" come true! -- to actually see the world coming to a "dark place," yet sitting down, watching the dawn turn to dusk, each hiding in his little cave and corner, preying and preaching to himself songs of "saved" and "being saved".

It really tickles me when I hear of such self-victimizers and end-preachers think they are being wise -- it really makes me smile, and enables me to rethink: why in the world do we, the few, allow such samples to walk amongst us...

You don't take me seriously? Good! I think you also left yourself somewhere behind you and now are living as a shadow-of-self, feeling a little ashamed yet all too "justified" at the same time, feeling weak, or, wanting to feel weak, so as to make the little unclean revelations come true, like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I am not to be taken seriously by everyone, and I am glad you don't take me seriously. You don't have the right to take me seriously...

T

train

I am not to be taken seriously by everyone, and I am glad you don't take me seriously. You don't have the right to take me seriously...
So did I have the right to laugh at that?!...:D :p

D

DÛke

Of course you did, brother!

People beneath me always look at me when they want to laugh, and do you want me to tell your virgin ears why they laugh? :) Because words escape them, so do feelings...they come close in touch with their inner-monkey, which, with all honesty, does not know how speak or take things seriously, so they laugh and giggle, moan and shout all the more hysterically.

Of course, brother, you have the right to laugh! :)

You are the first person whom I expect a laughter from, at everything I say.

T

train

K!, 'cause I just laughed again!...:)

And how did you know my ears were virgin...:p

D

DÛke

And how did you know my ears were virgin...
Why, now! Wouldn't you say that a virgin man has also virgin ears, virgin mouth, virgin nose...virgin mind?

T

train

No - there's a sexual term for "digit" for a reason... and it's not discriminatory to other parts of the body...;)