Breeding.... is it ethical?

Is breeding ethical?

• of course. How else will we as a species survive?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, overpopulation is a problem I'd refuse to add to.

• Dumb people should be sterilized, because they're the ones having the huge litters anyway.

• But children are just so cuuuute!!!

• Total voters
T

train

Are CPA members exempt from these viruses or are you guys going 12 monkeys on us?!!!

Ferret

Staff member
Oh no. I would never do the 12 monkeys thing. I want to be specific on who I destroy... :cool:

-Ferret

"setting my stadards high and my morals low"

T

train

Whew!!! I thought I was going to have to stock up on bananas to bribe the monkeys to spare me....;) :p

A

Astranbrulth

It's actually an interesting question as to why noboby has done this yet - ie - create a target - specific virus to nuke their enemies. I'm sure if it wre possible it would have been done long ago. There are lots of people out there that hate each other.

Des this mean that either (a) people are too similar to each other after all or (b) that the technology just wasn't good enough to achieve the level of discrimination between ethnic groups to safely unleash these weapons.

Now I'm no biologist / geneticist, but it seems to me that what with the unprecedented leaps in mapping the human genome, the time might be at hand where such things are possible.

I'd better start digging that bunker...

Cheers,
Astranbrulth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's more the technology. Only in the past couple of years has the human genome been mapped out.

And only the "top level" countries could afford to do it anyway in terms of manpower and research (which is not to say that another couldn't just steal the secrets or whatever).

I think the leaders were more impressed with bombs and chemical weapons though.

N

Nightstalkers

lets try using the Lemmings as an example for breeding!!!

T

train

Sex 138 times a year is U.S. average

Americans outdone between the sheets by British, French

LONDON, Nov. 25 — Americans have sex an average of 138 times a year, according to a survey released Monday by condom manufacturer Durex. The British have sex more often than Americans, but are outdone by the French, Dutch, Danes and Canadians.

THE DUREX Global Sex survey revealed that the British make love an average of 149 times a year, but are surpassed by couples in France (167), the Netherlands (158), Denmark (152) and Canada (150).
Those taking their love-making at a more relaxed pace included New Zealanders (135), and the Spanish, who limped in last at an annual love rate of just 121.
The online survey organized by Durex polled 50,000 people worldwide.
Almost four in 10 of British respondents admitted they had had unprotected sex with a new partner in the last 12 months, despite more than two-thirds believing AIDS is a serious problem in Britain.
The young are putting themselves most at risk of sexual infection, with 46 percent of British respondents aged 18-20 saying they had had sex without a condom with a new partner in the last year.
Durex said it would release full details of the global survey on Tuesday

Dang French... Go figure!!!...:p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just remember there's a slight distinction between "having sex" and "breeding". Keeping that in mind, it really has no bearing on the discussion :)

T

train

So... Is breeding where your having sex to attempt to bring forth a youngin'...

And...

Having sex, unprotected, as most said, with the same chance of breeding, not breeding...

Is it the purpose I guess...

*Suddenly is smacked by the higher power's left cross and sense is knocked into him...*;)

E

EricBess

Well, anytime two people have sex, as long as there are no physical reasons for this not being the case, there is a chance of pregnancy. I won't go into the reasons why it might not happen because there are a lot, but I'll just leave it as a catch all.

Bottom line, however, is that the only sure-fire form of birth control is abstanence.

Now, I'm not saying that you shouldn't have sex unless it is for the purpose of breeding. That's an individual decision.

What I am saying is that, while there are ways to reduce the posibility of conception, people should be prepared to deal with the potential consequences of their actions.

Unfortunately, most people in today's society don't see having sex as being associated with any responsibility.

T

train

Unfortunately, most people in today's society don't see having sex as being associated with any responsibility.
Kind of like running for office, huh?!!....;)

I view it about the same...

I think Breeding is just more instinctive or natural... so in humans, we'd do it for youngin's... just like in nature...

As for the sex to have sex... I don't know of many other species that do that... Maybe we should follow their example and STD's won't be a problem much anymore?....

It all started with those dang Romans and Egyptians... Where's a time machie when you need one???...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I totally agree with you EricBess.

However, the way the word "breeding" is being flung around, it has a connotation of having sex expressly for the purpose of having babies, which is obviously not the same of having sex and if a baby comes, so be it.

And I think there's only one or two other species that have sex just to have sex (for pleasure or whatever). For some reason, dolphins come to mind as one of them, but I have no idea why :)

T

train

No wonder Dolphins are so friendly towards Humans...

They're hoping to get some in return!!!...:eek:

;) :p