Black And White

D

Dementia

Thank you for making me laugh, your the funniest Turtle I know:)

And I hereby order everyone here to STOP talking about how great this game is.

I can't get the game and you guys sayin how great it is, is killing me:(

.....Ahhhhh the heck with it! Hearing about it is almost as good as playing it:D(sure it is and don't tell me any different!!)

Procede!

Z

Zadok001

"The blue god keeps electrocuting my monkey."

That phrase made my day. :) I hate that guy. He kept zapping my Mandril!

My Mandril did the strangest thing today. He called all the villagers over to him for a meeting of sorts, and began pointing at the sky and chattering to them (obviously informing them of my supremity). Then, to prove my greatness, he picked up a villager and THREW HIM AT THE OTHER VILLAGERS. Three of 'em fell down, and the thrown one died on the spot, crashing into the side of the totem. There was screaming, yelling...

And no less that _TWELVE HUNDRED(!!!)_ belief! My god! My Mandril needs to go villager bowling more often. Just to make matters worse, he's been going into enemy villages and 'relocating' the populus - i.e., making them fish-food. He's not so good anymore...

D

DÛke

...am not buying this game...well, not for PC anyway.

I own a Sega DreamCast, and B&W is soon to be released.

NOT ONLY THAT, but the DreamCast version will have no bugs at all, and you will not worry about any crashes, screen adjustments, or whatever that is you must deal with throughout your PC in order to play a satisfying game.

If that's not enough, B&W on DreamCast will be 2-players...that's right, you get to battle another god throught DreamCast's net-access system...and you really could see who's better Black OR White: the good, or the evil. :)

B

Baskil

You can play multiplayer with the PC version... More than two players even.

S

sageridder

If you want to turn his alignment around try going into the skirmish games,and just have him keep healing villagers watering crops,ect.He will retain the alignment change in your real game.I have found this useful in teaching spells he didn't have and must have to survive the level,Because you don't have to finish it to retain the learning.So I can still be good let the villagers pray till they are ready to drop,to give spell power,keep the creature at the totem and just keep repeating the miracle I want him to learn.Don't care if it is a recipe for disaster because you just quit the skirmish,go back to your real game with the spell you needed.This game is great but the thing most irritating(not that those needy little villagers aren't a pain)Is the way the AI cheats.I can't go far outside my influence and do much of anything.While the other Gods float around outside their area stealing trees and casting spells like nobodies buisness.Last night my area was at least 3X the size of the other Gods and I had more influence,and he still had this advantage.

Z

Zadok001

You can go 4 player on the PC. :) Furthermore, you can download new levels and patches, as well as more creatures, skins, etc... I've no doubt the Dreamcast game will be loads of fun, but I'll never be able to drop the customizability of the PC systems.

But let's not get into that debate here.

As for the other Gods, they do seem to cheat a bit at time... But honestly, I'm yet to see one do something completely blatent. You can do everything they do outside their influence - I cast spells, steal trees, and flatten villages well outside my influence with a bit of tricky mouse and camera work.

Also, you can download certain 'sandbox' maps designed only for letting you train your beast. They have some miracle dispensers, and a small town for you to maintain, but no opposing Gods. Consider a version of The Sims for Black and White.

D

Dementia

Originally posted by DÛke
...am not buying this game...well, not for PC anyway.

I own a Sega DreamCast, and B&W is soon to be released.

NOT ONLY THAT, but the DreamCast version will have no bugs at all, and you will not worry about any crashes, screen adjustments, or whatever that is you must deal with throughout your PC in order to play a satisfying game.

If that's not enough, B&W on DreamCast will be 2-players...that's right, you get to battle another god throught DreamCast's net-access system...and you really could see who's better Black OR White: the good, or the evil. :)

Are you sure it's coming out on the Dreamcast?!?!?!?!

If that is true.....PRAISE THE GODS(you guys;))

My computer isn't fast enough to run that acursed game and I have no plans of getting a new one any time soon.

I have, however, been looking for an excuse to buy a Dreamcast:)

When is B&W coming out for the Dreamcast.

I can't wait!!

Is it out now? How bout now? How bout now? How bout now? How bout now...........

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Dementia

Are you sure it's coming out on the Dreamcast?!?!?!?!
It's coming out on the PSone and the Dreamcast sometime towards the end of the year but no date has been set yet.

D

Dementia

Originally posted by nodnarb24

It's coming out on the PSone and the Dreamcast sometime towards the end of the year but no date has been set yet.
PSone!?!?!?!?THAT'S GREAT!!!!

I already have one of those:D

At the end of the year 2001?!?!?!?! Good lord that's a long time:(

Why am I so eager to have my monkey electrocuted you ask?

Don't ask:D!

C

Chaos Turtle

Of course, by the time all your Dreamcast and PSX/PS2 owners actually get around to playing Black & White on your machines, the rest of us will be enjoying whatever expansions have come along in the meantime. :)

So :p

S

sageridder

[WARNING! This post contains something that can be construed as cheating. If you don't want to do that, skip this post. --Edited in, Zadok001]

I'm sure many have found this,but if not it was too good not to share.If you have a miracle food or wood,bring it to the store.You know how the store is a circle,go over the area people enter the store from.your cursor should say move not cast.Cast the spell on the roof by quickly and repeatedly right clicking the mouse.you will with some practice be able to fill up the store with only one or two spells.;)

Z

Zadok001

Actually, that exploit got me confused at first. When I started playing, I did that kind of automatically. I assumed that was how it was supposed to work. I was 'informed' by some people on the forums of Planet Black and White that it was cheating - I thought that was what normally happened! I'd never tried casting the spell over the main storage area until after I was informed that my normal method was 'cheating' or 'exploiting.' I continue to believe it's supposed to work like that, since it gives you a more reasonable amount of food for the cost of the spell. ~2000 food seemed a bit short for THAT much prayer power!

T

terzarima

Well... after 4 and a half hours of downloading from the internet. 1 hour of unzipping and un raring everything, and 3 hours finding out how to make the thing bloody work, I now (*cough*) own Black & White (Don't you love illegal stuff? :) )

I didn't do many of the quests in level 1, is that bad? In fact, I did none, and when do you start to notice the alignment changes?

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by ademis22
Well... after 4 and a half hours of downloading from the internet. 1 hour of unzipping and un raring everything, and 3 hours finding out how to make the thing bloody work, I now (*cough*) own Black & White (Don't you love illegal stuff? :) )
Tsk, tsk, tsk.

[color="336699"]The FBI arrests ademis22 for piracy and copyright infringment.[/color]

You really should buy the game.

Z

Zadok001

Agreed, but do as you will. Try all the quests if you can, they can get you some cool stuff. You can't play online w/o buying the game, though.

C

Chaos Turtle

Hey, Zadok (or anyone I guess) do you use the Message Boards at bwgame.com? I'm "Sazzerbill" on there, if you're ever around.

I'd probably never get enough time to play a whole game online, unless there's a way to take your profile with you (to say, the local LAN-gameing store) so I can play on a fast connection without having to worry about stealing the phone from the rest of the house.

I agree that the click-trick for getting plenty of food and wood from your spells is how it ought to work (it works at the scaffold shop too, btw). I mean, have you ever tried keeping enough food for your perpetually-hungry worshippers? You practically never have enough Prayer Power to cast anything but Miracle Food, unless you want to dedicate your Creature to the task (which is not a bad idea sometimes, to keep him out of trouble.

And what's with the frickin' Mandrill? He doesn't seem as smart as the Ape...he commenced eating villagers despite my previous monkey's having been trained out of such behavior, and will still do it on occasion if I don't keep him fed myself. Perhaps he wants to be a carnivore? Maybe I should teach him to eat wild animals.

I played with the Sheep for a little while...that thing can run, or so it seemed to me.

Anyhow, back to Land 2...

*warning: mild spoiler info*

By the way, has anyone discovered any songs for the musical challenge? I found a dude whistling a funeral march and one whistling "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and I understand "White Christmas" is one. Anyone know any others?

*okay, spoiler's over*

Oh, and a BIG TIP for anyone just starting the game (or starting over) stcok up on everything (wood, food, miracle seeds, everything) as you can take it with you through the portal to Land 2.

That's it for now. Enjoy!

Oh, one last thing. <IRONY> If you're going to go to the trouble of downloading a program to avoid paying for it, just go steal it from the store. It's the same thing, with the added benefit of being easier, faster, and providing you with a CD key. </IRONY>

Z

Zadok001

[MINOR SPOILER TO ANSWER CT's QUESTION!]

I think there are at least two other songs, but I only know one. If you're evil, try Chopin's Sonata #2. In other words, the Funeral March. If you don't know what that is, grab it off Napster - It shouldn't be hard to find. And you'll recognize it after 3 notes anyways. :)

C

Chaos Turtle

If it's the one the dude on the mountainside is whistling, then I already know it... or is it a different funeral march?

T

terzarima

I'm sorry I raised a controversy.

Ct: I'm sorry, you are horribly wrong, the program works with the internet fine, in fact, it doesn't work without it.

I'm on land 2... not doing too bad, but I'm runnin' out of wood. The forest aren't growing back fast enough...