Birdies and Spirits vs. Walls and Illusions

D

DarthFerret

It is sort of a holiday today....and all the people I would talk to are not in thier office....

L

Limited

Okay, I have an issue with backing up the game - we blocked with the Eternal Dragon just because this was as easy mistake to make. (It worked on Spidey). But because I posted the results, I have no way of knowing if it worked on DF.

I understand you want to back up now, but are you sure you wouldn't have fallen for it? Or at least passed priority after blockers, just to see what we were up to?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's up to DF to say whether he was affected by the results... I did get fooled, so I can't participate since it would obviously benefit me :)

D

DarthFerret

Honestly, I was reserving one of the Wak-Wak's primarily for the Eternal Dragon, no matter if he attacked or blocked....however, since I was late in posting, I will leave it up to you guys on how to handle it.

L

Limited

If that's the case, our devious trick failed. Too bad :(

So the 0/5 dragon dies.

You done?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
After combat, I'll cast a Zephid.

Done.

Flying White (28)
Limited's library: 41
Oversoul's library: 40
Limited's hand: 4
Oversoul's hand: 7

Limited's in-play:

(UUUTT) 5x Plains
(U) Marble Diamond (tap to add W)
(U) Marble Diamond (tap to add W)

Empyrial Armor [Enchanted creature gets +X/+X, where X is the number of cards in my hand]

(U) Kami of Ancient Law (2/2 sac: destroy target enchantment)
(U) Kami of Ancient Law (2/2 sac: destroy target enchantment)
(PO) Phantom Nomad (0/0, 2 +1/+1 counters, when it takes damage, remove a counter instead) *6/6* *Empyrialed*
(S) Tallowisp (1/3) [Spiritcraft - Search your library for an Enchant Creature and put it in your hand]

Oversoul's in-play:

(UUUTT) 5x Plains

(U) Beacon Hawk (1/1 flying When ~ deals combat damage to an player, untap target creature. W: +0/+1 ueot)
(S) Welkin Hawk (1/1 flying when it dies, search another one)

Limited's graveyard: Lantern Kami, Bathe in Light, Tallowisp, Eternal Dragon
Oversoul's graveyard: Suntail Hawk, Suntail Hawk, Welkin Hawk, Lieutenant Kirtar, Commander Eesha, Skyshroud Falcon, Skyshroud Falcon, Courier Hawk

Limited's RFG: Kor Haven
Oversoul's RFG: Courier Hawk

Now-You-See-Me-Now-You-Don't (38)
Spiderman's library: 36
Darthferret's library: 38
Spiderman's hand: 5
Darthferret's hand: 4

Spiderman's in-play:

(T,T,T,T,U,U) Island x6
(U) Thawing Glaciers

(U) Mistform Warchief Type-Illusion (1/3, creature spells you play that share a creature type with ~ costs 1 less to play. T: ~'s type becomes the creature type of your choice ueot)
(T) Chameleon Spirit (5/5, as ~ CIP, choose a color. ~'s power & toughness are each equal to the number of permanents of the chosen color your opponent's control)
(U) Mistform Warchief Type-Illusion (1/3, creature spells you play that share a creature type with ~ costs 1 less to play. T: ~'s type becomes the creature type of your choice ueot)
(U) Vodalian Illusionist (2/2, UU, T: Target creature phases out)
(S) Zephid (3/4, flying, ~ can't be the target of spells or abilities)

Darthferret's in-play:

(UUUUUU) Island x6
(TU) Island of Wak-Wak x2 (T: power of target flying creature becomes 0 ueot)

(U) Wall of Air (1/5, defender, flying)
(U) Wall of Air (1/5, defender, flying)
(U) Stinging Barrier (0/4, defender, U, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player)
(U) Fog Bank (0/2, defender, flying, Prevent all combat dmg dealt to and dealt by ~)
(U) Stinging Barrier (0/4, defender, U, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player)

Spiderman's graveyard: Impulse, Chameleon Spirit, Impulse, Capsize, Strip Mine, Fleeting Image
Darthferret's graveyard: Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Mana Leak, Rewind

Spiderman's RFG: Phantom Warrior
Darthferret's RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
How many cards are actually supposed to be in my hand/library? I don't want to draw an extra one, but I have eight cards in my hand now (and 38 in my library, not 40) and I can't tell whether the eighth one is my draw for this turn or whether I actually had it last turn and didn't discard...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't really been keeping track of your hand, but since you don't have any effects that would increase your hand size, I'd say just use it as your draw for this turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I went back through the PM's and sorted it out. The eighth card is my draw for this turn. I didn't have it when I was PM'ing Limited earlier. I must have drawn it and then forgotten about it entirely (I still don't remember drawing it, but it's there).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What's up guys? This is kinda getting ridiculous... you guys have been consistently been taking a week or more for your turns. Are there too many other things going on right now? Should we just stop?

L

Limited

Well, it doesn't really help that we are hardly ever online at the same time, which means that every part of a conversation takes at least one day.

But I've sent Oversoul a PM a week ago and haven't heard from him yet; That also shows that I'm not really paying a lot of attention.

I still want to finish this game. Oversoul, how about you?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know that you guys aren't online at the same time usually, but I didn't think it would take a week, since at other times you guys were able to post sooner.

I mean, if that's the expectation now, that's cool, just let us know.

L

Limited

Nah, looking back at PMs lately we've waiting for the other to make a deciscion too much.. we should be able to post our plays sooner.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah. Sorry. I've been more focused on school and other things. I check this board (games run) more than the others, but I am usually only looking at the upper portion of the page and often forget threads that have fallen further down.

L

Limited

WOW! You are online now?! This is impossible.

Do you still have my last PM or should I send it again?