Birdies and Spirits vs. Walls and Illusions

L

Limited

I was waiting for you to PM your turn..

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Oversoul casts a Beacon Hawk. Responses?

Flying White (34)
Limited's library: 39
Oversoul's library: 38
Limited's hand: 5
Oversoul's hand: 7

Limited's in-play:

(UUUUU) 5x Plains
(U) Kor Haven
(U) Marble Diamond (tap to add W)

Empyrial Armor [Enchanted creature gets +X/+X, where X is the number of cards in my hand]

(U) Kami of Ancient Law (2/2 sac: destroy target enchantment)
(PO) Phantom Nomad (0/0, 2 +1/+1 counters, when it takes damage, remove a counter instead) *6/6* *Empyrialed*
(U) Eternal Dragon (5/5) [Flying]

Oversoul's in-play:

(UUUTT) 5x Plains

(U) Courier Hawk (1/2 flying vigilance)
(U) Courier Hawk (1/1 flying When ~ deals combat damage to an player, untap target creature. W: +0/+1 ueot) ?

Limited's graveyard: Lantern Kami, Bathe in Light, Tallowisp
Oversoul's graveyard: Suntail Hawk, Suntail Hawk, Welkin Hawk, Lieutenant Kirtar, Commander Eesha, Skyshroud Falcon, Skyshroud Falcon

Limited's RFG:
Oversoul's RFG: Courier Hawk

Now-You-See-Me-Now-You-Don't (38)
Spiderman's library: 38
Darthferret's library: 40
Spiderman's hand: 5
Darthferret's hand: 2

Spiderman's in-play:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Pumped-Up Islands x6
(U) Thawing Glaciers

(U) Mistform Warchief Type-Illusion (1/3, creature spells you play that share a creature type with ~ costs 1 less to play. T: ~'s type becomes the creature type of your choice ueot)
(U) Chameleon Spirit (6/6, as ~ CIP, choose a color. ~'s power & toughness are each equal to the number of permanents of the chosen color your opponent's control)
(U) Fleeting Image (2/1, flying, 1U: return ~ to its owner's hand)
(U) Mistform Warchief Type-Illusion (1/3, creature spells you play that share a creature type with ~ costs 1 less to play. T: ~'s type becomes the creature type of your choice ueot)
(U) Vodalian Illusionist (2/2, UU, T: Target creature phases out)

Darthferret's in-play:

(TTTTUU) Island x6
(UU) Island of Wak-Wak x2 (T: power of target flying creature becomes 0 ueot)

(U) Wall of Air (1/5, defender, flying)
(U) Stinging Barrier (0/4, defender, U, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player)
(U) Fog Bank (0/2, defender, flying, Prevent all combat dmg dealt to and dealt by ~)
(S) Stinging Barrier (0/4, defender, U, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player)

Spiderman's graveyard: Impulse, Chameleon Spirit, Impulse, Capsize
Darthferret's graveyard: Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Mana Leak, Rewind

Spiderman's RFG: Phantom Warrior
Darthferret's RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No responses from me (I'm leaving right now so I'll wait for DF to say whether he's doing anything).

L

Limited

Then we're done.

Flying White (34)
Limited's library: 39
Oversoul's library: 38

Limited's in-play:

(UUUUU) 5x Plains
(U) Kor Haven

Empyrial Armor [Enchanted creature gets +X/+X, where X is the number of cards in my hand]

(U) Phantom Nomad (0/0, 2 +1/+1 counters, when it takes damage, remove a counter instead) *7/7* *Empyrialed*

Oversoul's in-play:

(UUUTT) 5x Plains

(U) Beacon Hawk (1/1 flying When ~ deals combat damage to an player, untap target creature. W: +0/+1 ueot)

Oversoul's graveyard: Suntail Hawk, Suntail Hawk, Welkin Hawk, Lieutenant Kirtar, Commander Eesha, Skyshroud Falcon, Skyshroud Falcon

Limited's RFG:

Spiderman's in-play:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Island x6
(U) Thawing Glaciers

(U) Chameleon Spirit (6/6, as ~ CIP, choose a color. ~'s power & toughness are each equal to the number of permanents of the chosen color your opponent's control)

Darthferret's in-play:

(TTTTUU) Island x6

(U) Stinging Barrier (0/4, defender, U, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player)
(U) Fog Bank (0/2, defender, flying, Prevent all combat dmg dealt to and dealt by ~)
(S) Stinging Barrier (0/4, defender, U, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player)

Darthferret's graveyard: Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Mana Leak, Rewind

Darthferret's RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, getting DF's turn....

Flying White (33)
Limited's library: 42
Oversoul's library: 41

Limited's in-play:

(UUUUU) 5x Plains
(U) Kor Haven

(PO) Phantom Nomad (0/0, 2 +1/+1 counters, when it takes damage, remove a counter instead) *7/7* *Empyrialed*

Oversoul's in-play:

(UUUTT) 5x Plains

(U) Beacon Hawk (1/1 flying When ~ deals combat damage to an player, untap target creature. W: +0/+1 ueot)

Limited's RFG:

Spiderman's in-play:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Island x6
(U) Thawing Glaciers

Darthferret's in-play:

(TTTTUU) Island x6

Darthferret's RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Spidey plays a Strip Mine and uses it to kill the Kor Haven
Spidey's Chameleon Spirit and Fleeting Image will attack.
Responses/blocks?

Flying White (33)

Limited's in-play:

(UUUUU) 5x Plains

(PO) Phantom Nomad (0/0, 2 +1/+1 counters, when it takes damage, remove a counter instead) *7/7* *Empyrialed*

Oversoul's in-play:

(UUUTT) 5x Plains

Limited's RFG: Kor Haven

Spiderman's library: 37
Darthferret's library: 39
Darthferret's hand: 3

Spiderman's in-play:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Island x6
(U) Thawing Glaciers

(U) Chameleon Spirit (7/7, as ~ CIP, choose a color. ~'s power & toughness are each equal to the number of permanents of the chosen color your opponent's control)

Darthferret's in-play:

(TTTTUU) Island x6

Spiderman's graveyard: Impulse, Chameleon Spirit, Impulse, Capsize, Strip Mine

Darthferret's RFG:

L

Limited

Block the Fleeting Image with the Eternal Dragon and block the Chameleon with the Phantom Nomad.

Damage on the stack?

Edit: Forgot the Nomad was phased out.

The Chameleon comes through unblocked.

L

Limited

Pass priority? Really?

Well, we also pass priority. So damage resolves: we take five and the Fleeting Image dies.

You done?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Arg. This is what happens when two weeks pass by.

Wait, don't you take 7? Chameleon Spirit is the number of white permanents you control, not in play... even though the Nomad is phased out, you still control him, don't you?

L

Limited

If a permanent is phased out, it is out of play, so at the moment I don't control it. If you were to play a Chainer's Edict, I also wouldn't be able to sacrifice it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, okay, You take 5 then.

Done.

Flying White (28)

Limited's in-play:

(UUUUU) 5x Plains

Oversoul's in-play:

(UUUTT) 5x Plains

Limited's RFG: Kor Haven

Spiderman's library: 37
Darthferret's library: 39
Darthferret's hand: 3

Spiderman's in-play:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Island x6
(U) Thawing Glaciers

(T) Chameleon Spirit (5/5, as ~ CIP, choose a color. ~'s power & toughness are each equal to the number of permanents of the chosen color your opponent's control)

Darthferret's in-play:

(UUUUUU) Island x6

Spiderman's graveyard: Impulse, Chameleon Spirit, Impulse, Capsize, Strip Mine, Fleeting Image

Darthferret's RFG: