Bird Deck

T

train

I was on something the time that statement was made - don't remember much, not even what I was on...:rolleyes:

C

chocobo_cid

Friends don't let friends use Coat of Arms in a Tribal Deck.

;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Aw, why not? I kind of liked the thing with how it only costed 2 to make a Sliver token, and each new one increased the power of all others...

Then there were the 500/500 Saprolings...

And then it got reprinted and so many happy new players kept trying to use it with elves...

And...

Well, I knew that some people who used Coat had impaired judgement, but I didn't think the two were linked...

C

chocobo_cid

Coat of Arms was the first, greatest reward for players playing a theme deck. It almost made every creature a kind of Plague Rat. Not really, but you know what I mean.
;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think he meant a card that affected everything, not matter what it was (and/or you could put it in any deck since it was an artifact). The various Lords before only affected their certain creature type...

C

chocobo_cid

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but there wasn't a represenative Lord for white and goblins had always been the best tribe, anyway. Thus, Lords weren't really a universal idea.

They didn't reward weird Serpent or Leper Decks as well as Coat of Arms hypothetically could.

If you say "Lord" was the first tribal, then you could just as easily say that Griffins or Falcons had great tribal support. They didn't.

My favorite tribe? Probally Kobolds.

:D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I refuse to use the word "tribe" to describe creature type until the game makes me by actually calling it that...

Like they did with "Fear." Bleh...

Coat of Arms could hypothetically reward a Kobold player I suppose...

But there are some creature types it is truly effective with...

I don't see how the lack of a white lord has anything to do with the fact that there were lords for blue, black, and red.

"...greatest reward for players playing a theme deck..." doesn't infer that the theme deck has to be Kobolds or Lepers or whatever specific type...

And Merfolk are better than Goblins because they are blue. Just ask Train... :p

T

train

I'm hoping goblins can eat all the merfolk - and seeing as how merfolk are being pulled from Magic - WoTC got tired of the excess blue critters too...;)

Overall Coat is the most effective, tribal - not theme, based card...

M

mythosx

I like the excess critters...you bust out a sing singer or a man o war and people say what the hell creature types are those...

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Oversoul
I refuse to use the word "tribe" to describe creature type until the game makes me by actually calling it that...
Please excuse the post-OD block newbie for that outrageous statement.

:rolleyes: