Bird Deck

H

Homestar

Hey all, i juss got some cards in the mail today for my bird deck. i would have ordered more and better cards but my parents wouldnt let me spend more than $10 (not including shipping) this time around. so i tried to get a ban for my buck. this is what i got:

Creatures:
Suntail Hawk x4
Skyshroud Flacon x4
Phantom flock x2
Aven cloudchaser
Aven Brigadier
Aven warhawk x2
Aven Flock x2
Gustcloak harrier

Instants/Sorceries:
Wing Shards x4
Battle Screech x2

Enchantments:
Soulcatchers' Aerie x4
Glorious Anthem x3

Now some cards in here are for taking up. i tried to make the best selections of birds i alreeady had to take up space. The ones that werent supposed to be in are the cloudchaser, the flock, and the harrier. i really wish i woulda been able to get more off the net but whatever, life goes on. i am thinking of putting the anthems down to 2 or taking them out completely. the reason why i have them is cuz i want to power up all of my guys with enchantments like that cuz all of my creatures are flying. n e way, besides all that, how did i do?

T

train

Looking good so far - commander eesha should be next on the list...

H

Homestar

yea i was gonna get her but she was 3 bucks a pop and i didnt have that much to spend.

D

DeathMaster666

Try some equipment in that. Maybe Bonesplitter or Grafted Wargear.

H

Homestar

that sounds good actually, i definatly have some left over bonesplitters.

C

chocobo_cid

Tibal Decks... hmm... What was the first major Tribal Deck supporter...

Coat of Arms!

H

Homestar

yea i want that card so bad but none holographic on the net is like $7.00 a pop. that sorta pisses me off.

C

chocobo_cid

I figured.

Bird Tribal didn't get as good support as other colors (read: Goblins, Zombies.)

My only suggestion is to add a few Cloudreach Cavalry and a few Celestial Gatekeeper that replace Aven Flock, Gustcloak Harrier. Depending how serious you are about the whole "birds" thing, it couldn't hurt to play a few Daru Stinger, as most of the good birds you have are actually Bird Soldiers.

H

Homestar

still i dont like daru stinger even in my soldier deck. but yea, like i said, the harrier and the flock were space takers since i couldnt spend as much as i wanted on cards this time around. i dont like the cavalry that much even tho its an awesome card. i do like the gatekeeper idea tho.

C

chocobo_cid

For inexpensive birds for both cash and mana cost, you can't go wrong with splashing blue. I.E. My favorite card of all time, AVEN ENVOY!;)

H

Homestar

lol, well the envoy isnt worth splasing blue. besides, i have plenty of small creatures that i can get out quickly, 4 suntail hawk, 4 skyshroud falcon, and the harrier for however long it lasts.

C

chocobo_cid

Phantom Flock would stall better than the harrier, though.

H

Homestar

i kno but im talkin about cheaper creatures. the harrier costs 3 and the flock costs 5 so i use stuff like the harrier and those other cheap guys early to defend against rushes and until i get enuff mana to play the flock and the aven flock and the brigadier etc.

C

chocobo_cid

Instead of spashing blue, then, why don't you splash green for fog, moment's peace, and add a holy day for good measure?

Oh, yeah. Price.

:)

H

Homestar

no i have all of those cards. 2 or 3 of each actually. but i guess i just dont like splashing. and insted of that stuff, i have 4 wing shards to cover that and they do a great job ;)

C

chocobo_cid

Probally against red haste decks especially. I love storm when it's on instants.

H

Homestar

yea lol. o and i had a question about a specific storm card, Hindering Touch. it says counter the spell unless they pay 2. well would the storm kick in because of the spell your countering so they would have to pay 4? and also, another good defensive maneuver is soulcatchers arie. if i play a suntail hawk then a soul catchers arie and they attack me i will juss block with the hawk then get out something like a skyshroud flacon next turn and then he hesitates more and more to attack each turn. my friend is probably the only one that works on cuz hes not to smart but o well.

C

chocobo_cid

You are correct, but those new spells that are a product of storm are still seperate spells. For example, if two copies are made, then one is countered, the effects of the other still happen unless it too is countered.

:confused:

:D

T

train

Tribal Decks... hmm... What was the first major Tribal Deck supporter...

Coat of Arms!
I didn't say it - Chocobo did - .... can't resist...

"Got Coat?!"

As for the storm spell in question - keep in mind it doesn't necessarily have to target the same spell if others are on the stack...;)