Big Red vs Jolly Green Giant: Round 2

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Mar 9, 2006.

1. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Flash back the Moment's Peace by tapping out!
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I think we're still doomed unless we get a board-clearer... :(
  3. Limited Yes, but we won't care

I get the feeling the Winter Orb is hindering your decks a lot more than it is ours..
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Well, the lack of mana is what's hindering my deck... :rolleyes:

Are you guys done after the attack?
  5. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Yes, we're done.
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

All righty, waiting on DF's play...
  7. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

I think we would have been alright if it weren't for the death of my llanowars...
  8. Limited Yes, but we won't care

I maybe getting ahead of myself, but do we want to play another 2HG game after this? Perhaps we could change Tribes? Or come up with another pairing? Another Format?
    (Ice Age Block Tribal vs Tempest Block Tribal?)
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I think we're gonna have to concede. DF isn't doing anything for his turn and I don't have any board clearers. I could put out one creature which could block the Piledriver, but can't stop the others from coming through and certainly can't prevent all the damage.

In retrospect, I think I would have encouraged DF not to block and kill the guy that caused us to lose a land, because that stunted my mana growth and I couldn't cast a Naturalize to take care of the Totem. Other than that, we were just overwhemed :(

Good game!

Any other format sounds good - switching tribes, new blocks, new tribes, whatever ;) I'll defer to you guys.
  10. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Jeee! Red team wins!
  11. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Well, I guess that just proves it. Goblins and Minotaurs are better than Spikes and Elves.
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

At least for these current deck builds... I'd change some stuff in my Spike deck, I know that :)
  13. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Yeah, my elf deck would change a bit too...I also would not restrict myself merely to cards that I own...
  14. Limited Yes, but we won't care

I was really fearing some Spike Weaver action, so I wanted to play the Cursed Totem... seemed like a good call :)
  15. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

It was....vs my stupid llanowars....<sigh>..
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yep... I could have Naturalized it on my next turn if my Forest didn't get sacced after DF blocked that minotaur guy.... :)

So... any other tribes? Switch tribes? Any interest in another game?
  17. Limited Yes, but we won't care

We could try Black vs White?
    Horrors & Nightmares vs Angels & Griffins?

Or just two monoblack Tribal Decks vs two monowhite Tribal decks (without resorting to Zombies, Clerics or Soldiers)?
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Like I said, anything sounds good to me... you guys decide... (I just posted because no one was saying anything :) )
  19. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

I am game. Found out I should still have internet after I move, so should still be able to hit this site 4-5 times a week.
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I'm assuming Oversoul doesn't care either or doesn't want to play?