Big Red vs Jolly Green Giant: Round 2

L

Limited

I get the feeling the Winter Orb is hindering your decks a lot more than it is ours..

D

DarthFerret

I think we would have been alright if it weren't for the death of my llanowars...

L

Limited

I maybe getting ahead of myself, but do we want to play another 2HG game after this? Perhaps we could change Tribes? Or come up with another pairing? Another Format?
(Ice Age Block Tribal vs Tempest Block Tribal?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think we're gonna have to concede. DF isn't doing anything for his turn and I don't have any board clearers. I could put out one creature which could block the Piledriver, but can't stop the others from coming through and certainly can't prevent all the damage.

In retrospect, I think I would have encouraged DF not to block and kill the guy that caused us to lose a land, because that stunted my mana growth and I couldn't cast a Naturalize to take care of the Totem. Other than that, we were just overwhemed :(

Good game!

Any other format sounds good - switching tribes, new blocks, new tribes, whatever ;) I'll defer to you guys.

D

DarthFerret

Well, I guess that just proves it. Goblins and Minotaurs are better than Spikes and Elves.

D

DarthFerret

Yeah, my elf deck would change a bit too...I also would not restrict myself merely to cards that I own...

L

Limited

I was really fearing some Spike Weaver action, so I wanted to play the Cursed Totem... seemed like a good call :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep... I could have Naturalized it on my next turn if my Forest didn't get sacced after DF blocked that minotaur guy.... :)

So... any other tribes? Switch tribes? Any interest in another game?

L

Limited

We could try Black vs White?
Horrors & Nightmares vs Angels & Griffins?

Or just two monoblack Tribal Decks vs two monowhite Tribal decks (without resorting to Zombies, Clerics or Soldiers)?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said, anything sounds good to me... you guys decide... (I just posted because no one was saying anything :) )

D

DarthFerret

I am game. Found out I should still have internet after I move, so should still be able to hit this site 4-5 times a week.