Amazing Race

T

train

Okay - Not knowing which show will be the next elim. show - I'm going to say the Millie and Chuck get eliminated next...

T

train

Care to place a friendly wager...:p

I think I see more struggle between Millie and Chuck... That's the only real reason I think that...

Overall I'd like to see the clowns win it.

With Chip and Reichen coming in second...:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of wager? :)

There was conflict between John and Kelly too, especially when she couldn't pull her weight and help with the lobster trap.

I think the clowns then the other guys, Jeff and whats-his-name will be second.

It'll come down to running though, so hopefully the clowns are in good shape and/or they'll have a good lead when it comes to that part.

T

train

I've got 2 Entrails Feasters... any offer you'd like to make?...;) :D

Technically you know they're yours anyway...

"I'm a mad trading fiend!!!..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Though you never replied in the affirmative as to whether the bet was actually on, I will honor it since Millie and Chuck got eliminated last week. Just tell me which set you want the booster from, Scourge or Mirrodin.

Dopey Millie and her non-map reading skills... they should have easily beat Kelly and John... :rolleyes:

T

train

If you'd like to honor it - Scourge is cool... And if you wouldn't mind autographing the pack with a Sharpie Marker... It's going to take the place of the current pack - in my sealed packs collection...

The Feasters are yours anyway - and should be out to you soon - with the Sneaky stuff... We can consider it a trade of the feasters and some sneaky stuff for a Signed Pack!... ;)

Back to the topic - did I just say that?... :eek:

We really thought that after not getting the fast forward, that Kelly and Jon were out - but like you said, Millie and Chuck turned out onto the highway and just turned the wrong way...

It was a race to say the least... Chuck had the lead and just couldn't keep it...

It was sad to know that Millie and Chuck had made the decision to split. Sad to know this Race could do that to a 12-yr. relationship...

This next race will be non-elimination - but the next ones to go will be Kelly and John...

The Orangutans were cute, and we thought it was neat doing the Ladder contest...

But bird nest soup?!...:confused: :eek:

Looking forward to this week!...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Scourge it is.

Yeah, I think Chuck was too cautious/conservative coming down the ladder. John basically slid down.

Didn't know they decided to split - that wasn't on the little interview thing at the end, was it? If so, I must have missed it. But it's probably for the best.

I think that's it for elims - they usually keep four couples around (I think). But if there is another one, I agree, Kelly and John are next to go.

The Oranguatans were pretty cool; we were saying we would want to do it even if the Fast Forward had been taken :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Got the pack, should be sending it soon.

Saw last week's episode last night... not much to say here, except the Strong Stomach detour was pretty gross. My wife said if we did it, anything like that on the card was an automatic NO :)

Clowns and the other group should have been first all the way after the plane flight... once again, map reading skills are a must! :rolleyes:

Still non-elim and it looks like one more elim round before the finals... I thought in the past there were 4 teams left but it appears for this Race there will be three... so the next is probably an elim and the one after that a non.

T

train

The next elim will be this coming week, and then the 2-hour finale episode... or back to back, whatever they call it...

Kelly and john are next to go...

I'm happy they finally made it out of India... That was some crazy business being in one place the whole time...:eek:

Swimming in the frozen water is kind of crazy, but not all that hard... It just starts to sting...

And why don't they have them go to iceland yet?... some major downhill skinny-surfing would be awesome...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
They made it out of India two episodes ago... they were in Singapore before going to North Korea.

That underwater thing did look crazy though. Good thing it wasn't too far.

T

train

I thought in this last episode they went from India to Singapore(Malaysia, right?), then to Korea...

"my the weeks fly by..."

or...

how they say...

"It's all a blur..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, last episode they went from Singapore to N. Korea. The episode before THAT they went from India to Singapore.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops, I forgot to post an update after last week's show and tonight is already the second-to-last one...

We can't believe the clowns are out. They got terrible luck on the plane tickets and just couldn't keep up, unfortunately. So now we're rooting for the guy team that is NOT Chip and Reichen (Jeff and ?). C&R went down for complaining that no one spoke English.... duh! It's a non-English country! :rolleyes: And Kelly and John are of course still whiny.

So you want to make a wager of another Magic pack on who will win, train? Unless you also think it's Jeff and partner...

T

train

So you want to make a wager of another Magic pack on who will win, train? Unless you also think it's Jeff and partner...
Actually I'm game... here's what i can do - I can put up a cursed scroll or bird of paradise(if they come in - and they'd better...) or a pack(if they don't) vs. a pack from Spidey - except if I win I want to send you the extra money needed to get some of those Urza's block packs - if the store you go by still has them...

pack for pack is fine also... I'm just having a not so easy time finding Urza's packs...

:rolleyes:

And I'm going with Reichen and Chip...

We think it's funny to watch John get so frustrated when the "gay" guys beat him and Kelly... Kelly is what will stop them from winning -though I thought she was out while breaking boards that last time...

David and Jeff stand a good chance - and the helpful thing for them is that they aren't "bonded" emotionally like Kelly and John, or Reichen and Chip... They're still independent guys with a competitive attitude... friends that will get rich, buy a beach house and party the rest of their lives... if they win, and I don't get a pack...

As for the clowns - we will miss them, but they had a good run...
*starts balling that the clowns are gone...*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm confused... :)

You're putting up a Cursed Scroll/BoP if I win or if you win, you're sending money to make up the difference so I can buy one of the Urza's packs (I think the store still has them)?

I agree that Kelly is what is dragging her team down... she's just not "strong" enough, mentally or physically, by this time to keep up. Especially for that end of game footrace.

If everyone gets to their plane on time, I think David and Jeff will come out ahead in the end :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, my boys David and Jeff came through last night with flying colors. No mistakes (though a lucky break on turning the right way when doing the Detour). Here's hoping they repeat next week.... :)

T

train

You're putting up a Cursed Scroll/BoP if I win or if you win, you're sending money to make up the difference so I can buy one of the Urza's packs (I think the store still has them)?
Well... the scroll and BoP are just cards, though in Magic-Land they act as cash... but yeah - if David and Jeff win out, you can pick from either...

If Rechen and Chip win out - I'd like to send you the remaining cost of the Urza's packs(or re-imburse you, whichever's easiest for you, but sending you a money order is no problem...), the amount above the 3.29 retail that the store charges for them...

If you're surprised and think I'm insane - I thought you learned that a long time ago?!...:p

Last night's episode was a good one - but it also saw Reichen and Chip move up a spot into 2nd place... If they repeat their gains this week, during the next leg, they'll move up a spot;) , and win...

I did think that, after posting what I had previously, it was funny that David and Jeff mentioned how Kelly, John, Reichen, and Chip all had to deal with the emotional aspects during legs of the race...

Reichen and chip , and then Kelly and John also talked about it...

What do you say Spidey?...
*extends text-based handshake to spidey to seal the pack/card deal...*

:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If you're surprised and think I'm insane - I thought you learned that a long time ago?!...
Oh yeah... :p

Yeah, I thought that was very prophetic of you about the emotional attachments... I noticed it.

I think John and Kelly and going to keep making mistakes (forgetting the camera and losing their place, missing turns) and stay in last. Like I said, they'll all catch up at the airport and unless something going drastically wrong like with the clowns (although the preview DID say Kelly and John missed a connection), it'll all come down to when they get back in the States.

<shakes text-based hand to seal the deal> :)