Amazing Race

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I keep meaning to start a thread about this...

So what do y'all think? The models were hilarious last episode when one wanted to beat the other over the head. Kelly needs to go - she's just an awful person. It was amusing sort of way that Millie at the end said something to the effect that they need to slow down while earlier in the boat she was telling her guy to "go, go, go!". Map-reading is definitely a skill needed for this game :rolleyes: My wife and I hope the clowns win; that cow pie "fight" was hilarious.

T

train

I thought it funny that the clown had stepped into a deep pile of "fertilizer" and lost his boot...

We also laughed at the models bickering..

We're semi-rooting for the 2 African-American women, because they do their thing, and get it done... they don't fight, or whine, or anything...

We do think the clowns should win for the attitude they've had this whole time...

I actually ask my wife repeatedly if we can apply to Race - but she's a little hesitant... and leaving the Girls for that long would be hard...

We also like watching the 12-year dating virgins run their race... they just can't control those emotions... that have probably been building up for these 12 years...

;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Eh, I think the NFL wives are neutral for us right now - they haven't really done anything to impress us, but neither have they done any negative things. Except I think they're also having problems reading a map... :)

My wife also wants to apply to the Amazing Race... she thinks we'll be a hit due to our bickering. I said go for it :)

Haven't seen any emotions really spill out from the virgins... just race-related stuff.

T

train

Haven't seen any emotions really spill out from the virgins
The trust issue has been mentioned quite a bit... and this last episode "she" mentioned that there were a lot of "compatability issues" coming out...

My wife would probably do the race... and I'd enjoy it, but she has never flown, nor been on a boat, and doesn't know how to swim... Those are a lot of reasons we drive everywhere...

"and most of the time it's cheaper than flying...";)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the two NFL wives got eliminated... not sure why they kept walking in India while everyone else took taxis/buses, but that seemed to be the thing that made them fall behind...

T

train

That, and they had to wash all the clothes twice...

Well - the clowns are still in it... as are the models...

I talked to my wife more about doing the race... and she just looks at me like "If we have to run - you're doing it... swim, you're doing it...";) :p

So I told her - As long as she supports us, and I cna play Magic forever if we win - that's cool...

Needless to say she didn't extend a hand...

We're strongly rooting for the Clowns now...

"Since the "supremes" are gone...":D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What, you can't run or swim? :)

Looks like the models seem to have made up also... they were more cooperative in last episode.

But we're rooting for the clowns too...

T

train

I can run and swim... She can't swim, hasn't flown, and hasn't been on a boat...

"Okay honey, I'll do the Road Block again...";) :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I get it. Well, if you make it to the end, you're gonna have to run, no doubt about it. That's why I think the models aren't going to win if they make it that far.

Would she pick up stuff like the eels? :)

My wife's only objection is the bungee jump type stuff. All other stuff she's willing to try (I think).

T

train

i'm sure my wife could handle picking stuff up... She's very strong -willed...

"And by my making it a competition amongst us - there's no telling what she'd do to beat me... and win while we're at it..."

The one thing that bugged me about the last episode was how one of the models got groped/frisked while on the transit system, and to my knowledge that is against the hindu religion is it not...

"Just pondering..."

Anyhow - once we get everything taken care of here - we might seriously look into doing the Amazing Race... I'd want to at least try Fear Factor...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know too much about the Hindu religion so I don't know if it's against it to grope and feel. I'm sure though that there's a lot more people taking the train than are Hindu and even then, there are probably some weak-willed individuals...

I'm not sure about Fear Factor. The food thing is a tad gross for not that much return. The travel feature of Amazing Race is a big draw for us...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the models didn't make it this time. It was the Roadblock that did them in...

happy that the clowns who started in last, came in second... of course it really boiled down to what happened after the train in the morning when everyone had caugth up, but they're still in.

Still wishing that red-hair girl would go though... she's very petty.

T

train

Thanks for the update - we didn't get to see it last week...:(

We were out of town and tried to watch it, but a family celebration dinner was more important...:cool:

I agree about Mrs. thing needing to go...

What Countries did they transverse last episode?...

T

train

It's odd to see them staying in one country for a whole 2 episodes...(most of last, and this one we missed...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Too bad this was a non-elimination round, I would have loved to see Kelly and John go...

And what's with Reichen and Chip whining "that's not fair" at the end when they can't figure out where to go after completing the spear throw first... they just moved down a notch or two for me.

The clowns keep coming on strong! :)

T

train

The Clowns were impressive!!!...

I kept figuring that it was a non-elimination leg of the show...

We figured with how much Kelly was not able to help John, that she should have felt even worse, and they been dropped...

But they weren't...

We were actually worried that Reichen and Chip would not make it when they went to the travel agency!... but they did...

Just a little note - I'd a torn up the target contest - bow, gun, and spear... but I'm on the couch and not in Malaysia...

We were also surprised to see that the contestants didn't know about each other in the "subtitles" that they show the viewers at home... Such as Chip and Reichen being married, the virgins, etc... It was neat to see them all talking about that over dinner... Though Chuck didn't appear to be fond of Chip or Reichen afterwards...
:rolleyes:

It was a good show...

Off to Lobster traps!...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I figured it was a non-elim leg too. I mean, there's only five teams and they usually keep four around for the final. So the next one might be elim and the next two non-elim before the final. They ought to put a non-elim early in the race. :)

Apparently Milly and Chuck should have gone to Lampur first, as they caught up with the clowns and Chip and Reichen there... it would have been "cool" (in an abstract sense) to see them fail because usually air travel means everyone catches up and there's no real suspense until they get off the plane. Here at least, people were taking different flights so they weren't all together.

I think I could have done okay with the bow; not too sure about the gun or spear. Especially the spear - those things looked flimsy.

I think Chuck just has a serious face all the time... :)

T

train

Just remember Spidey - "be the arrow... be the bow..."

"Be the Spear..."

Oh - And I know there was some Editing involved - but Kelly seemed to have very good aim...;)