Aeon Flux

Killer Joe

Anyone remember this show on M-TV back in the day? I rented the video with all of the episodes.

Weird.

REALLY, WEIRD.

A

Almindhra

Yeah, I remember it...on Liquid Television...It was strange, but I enjoyed it...

C

Chaos Turtle

Yes! I loved the Liquid Television bits. No dialogue, only action with no explanation. The series was okay, but it didn't capture my imagination quite the way the shorts did.

N

Notepad

Liquid Television was awesome! If I had known how cool it was, I'd have tried to watch it more. Too bad all the modern copycats (like G4TechTV's "Eyedrops") just plain suck.

I remember Aeon Flux. It was the whole reason some game by White Wolf had to have its named changed over to something else...before it went under. It was always such an odd cartoon, with such a freakishly stylized and slutty main character, who ran around killing everything in sight and constantly running.

What the hell was going on, anyway? I know she was hooking up with that one scientist guy who was for some reason also her enemy, but what in the high hells was this friggen cartoon about?

...at least Beavis and Butt-Head made sense. ;)

N

Notepad

KJ just said it--she was running around killing stuff so she could kill/do the scientist guy. ;) :p

Quite a compelling and brain-teasing cartoon. No, wait, it was overly retarded, but still cool for the violence.

Killer Joe

When I host Magic Night for my friends I always run "Video Wallpaper" (I turn on the TV, put in a video without the sound, turn on the local suedo alternative rock station and keep running video after video until the end of the night.)

I've run:
All 3 Lord of the Rings
The Ring
Pirates of the Carribean
Depeche Mode best of videos
Duran Duran's best of videos
Heavy Metal
X-Files: the Movie
The 1998 World Championships for Magic
Cartoon Network
Star Wars (episode 4-5-6)
The Matrix

Next time I'll rent Aeon Flux, again, and run it ;)

N

Notepad

A local card shop guy does this at his store, mostly during card gaming days. However, all he plays are comic hero movies (Spiderman, Hulk, etc) and the horrible animated series of comics. Its good for a laugh, though.

C

Chaos Turtle

Has anyone mentioned that in the Liquid TV shorts, Aeon died in nearly every one of them?

I think she died a few times in the series, too.

That was half the fun, seeing how she died.

Killer Joe

Yeah, I never understood that. She would die and then there would be another episode. At first she never talked except for that one where she kept repeating "Danger Boy..."?:confused:

N

Notepad

The producers were on crack. They couldn't convey ideas under normal circumstances. So, they just made things and rolled with it, in their own crackhead world.

Of course, they were able to count on fanboys thinking it was some sort of artistic statement. Its wierdness, that is.

But really though, it was just the animated result of some dudes doing some crazy drugs. Interesting show, though it made no sense. And that poor lady needed some better armor. No wonder she kept dying...all her vital organs are unprotected in that skimpy suit! :eek:

C

Chaos Turtle

Didn't matter. She died, they just made another one. Handy things, clones.

N

Notepad

I'd like to have a cloning machine. I'd have all my clones go online and we'd camp on Everquest and sell all our loot on eBay to make crazy money. Or, we'd rig tournaments on MTGO, and leagues, too.

Or, we'd take it to real life and rig real life tournaments. Nothing like 500 Sefros all preregistering for the PTQ and making sure nobody else can enter. And since the original (me) would just stand there and orchestrate the whole thing, they wouldn't be violating any DCI rules since they're technically "other" players. :D :D :D

That reminds me, I gotta get to work on that Paper Sefro Project.

N

Notepad

If you're speaking of her "non-cranial hairstyle" then I believe it was what is commonly referred to as "baldie" as you can CLEARLY see in episode five when she pulls a Sharon Stone moment before biting the bullet.

...or something like that.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just read that there's currently filming going on for an Aeon Flux movie and Charlize Theron got injured during one of the scenes...

N

Notepad

Um, she's too blonde to do that. Oh wait, they have hair dye for that sort of thing, right?

A movie sounds a bit odd. Actually, it sounds downright retarded. Why would they do a live action movie? If the fans are rabid enough for a movie after all this time, why don't they just make a new animated movie and get some Japanese anime artists on board to bring over a ton more fanboys. Why waste time trying to appeal to mainstream for ticket/video sales? Its silly.

If the fans are rabid enough for a movie after all this time...

Speaking of which, where the hell is that Quantum Leap movie, anyway?.......... :yawn: