A "humbled" set...

C

Cateran Emperor

I dunno how I missed all this, but great work K :cool: These are excellent ideas. I particularly love the erratic creatures ;)

C

Cateran Emperor

BTW, I've seen litle activity lately too. Dunno why, must be winter. Must've been like this last year too. Summer is a flurry of activity around here. I've got some ideas too. I like this whole little cycle of cards here based on Force Spkie, one of my favorite cards ever for the idea of small mana for small effect. I like reusable efects better though:

Mental Spike
U
Instant
Counter target spell unless any opponent pays 1.
U: Return Mental Spike to your hand. Play this ability only if Mental Spike is in your graveyard.

Death Spike
B
Instant
Target opponent loses one life unless any opponent pays 1.
B: Return Death Spike to your hand. Play this ability only if Death Spike is in your graveyard.

Fury Spike
R
Instant
Deals 1 damage to any creature unless any opponent pays 1.
R: Return Fury Spike to your hand. Play this ability only if Fury Spike is in your graveyard.

Health Spike
W
Instant
Prevent all combat damage from any source this turn unless any opponent pays 1.
W: Return Health Spike to your hand. Play this ability only if Health Spike is in your graveyard.

Life Spike
G
Instant
Any creature gets +1/+0 and Trample until end of turn unless any opponent pays 1.
G: Return Life Spike to your hand. Play this ability only if Life Spike is in your graveyard.

Makes you and your opponent to see who's willing to pay more to see the effect contered or resolved. Unfortunately, you have to pay twice as much. Any ideas on how to fix that?

[Edited by Cateran Emperor on 11-05-00 at 02:16 PM]

D

DÛke

...the Spikes really cool!

One thing though, the Green Spike should be called "Health Spike" and the White Spike should be called "Life Spike", not vice versa.:)

I think they are playable, but become too fragile just after turn 3. Maybe they should have bigger effect along with bigger "rhystic" costs.

Here's a re-mixed version:

Mental Spike 2U
Instant
Counter target spell unless it's caster pays 3
U: Return Mental Spike from your graveyard into your hand.

If they all go along the above base lines, would they be better? In my opinion, I would think so, since the opponent should find id a bit hard to come save 3 mana every turn.

What you think?

K

K

Finally, more people replying to this!
Cateran Emperor, the Spikes are a good idea, but why not change them into massive cards with massive effects? The way they are, they would become useless after a short while.

Just to be a little bit more imaginative, why have them do other stuff instead of 2 mana to counter the effect?

Here's the "a bit more massive" remix:

Mental Spike 1U
Instant
Counter target spell unless its caster have you draw a card.
1U: Return Mental Spike from your graveyard back into your hand.

Death Spike 1B
Instant
Target player looses 2 life unless that player have you gain 2 life.
1B: Return Death Spike from your graveyard back into your hand.

Fury Spike 1R
Instant
Deals 1 damage to target creature or player unless
any player sacrifices a land.
1R: Return Fury Spike from your graveyard back into your hand.

Blinding Spike 1W
Instant
Creatures deal no combat damage this turn unless their controller taps all his or her non-White creatures.
1W: Return Blinding Spike from your graveyard back into your hand.

Growth Spike 1G
Instant
Target creature gains +3/+3 until end of the turn unless an opponent have you put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control.
1G: Return Growth Spike from your graveyard back into your hand.

That's it. Hope you like the remixed version, and Cateran Emperor, I hope you don't mind me changing some of your cards' names. :)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i like the ambassadors and your flavor texts, i think you should make the puppetmaster

"the light is merely an illusion for those too timid to embrace the darkness"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i really like dawn too, muaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahaha oh so you want to fight tsabo, well bring it on

C

Cateran Emperor

good, I like feedback. I really like the idea of making them larger effects, but they get overpowered when the effect gets to be so much that your opponent has to hold back a lot of mana or give you something to counter it. Good ideas there

Azreal, new names are great :cool: Some of them are too broken though. Your version of Mental Spike is insane, almost if not better than the original Counterspell. Death Spike is bordering on insane, Fury Spike is okay, Blinding Spike is just right, but Growth Spike also borders on ridiculous. Let me try them again, with a different counter cost for MS and an increased cost for all of them, sort of combining everyone's ideas:

Mental Spike 1UU
Instant
Counter target spell unless its caster allows you to return target permanent to its owner's hand.
1U: Return Mental Spike from your graveyard back into your hand.

Death Spike 1BB
Instant
Target player loses 2 life unless that player allows you to gain 2 life.
1B: Return Death Spike from your graveyard back into your hand.

Fury Spike 1RR
Instant
Deals 2 damage to target creature or player unless
any player sacrifices a land.
1R: Return Fury Spike from your graveyard back into your hand.

Blinding Spike 1WW
Instant
Creatures deal no combat damage this turn unless their controller taps all his or her non-White creatures.
1W: Return Blinding Spike from your graveyard back into your hand.

Growth Spike 1GG
Instant
Target creature gains +3/+3 until end of the turn unless an opponent allows you to put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
1G: Return Growth Spike from your graveyard back into your hand.

I think this works out better.

[Edited by Cateran Emperor on 11-05-00 at 06:32 PM]

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i mentioned making the puppet master, so i shall attempt it

4UU
summon legend or creature-legend which ever you prefer
4 tap: gain control of target creature, it deals damage equal to its power to you
"the strings of life are easily manipulated"-puppet master
1/2

what do you think

K

K

Wow! Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Cateran Emperor, those versions are the best I've seen! Very well done. Very, very well done.

Azreal the Soulmaster, I know how you feel about Dawn. It's a really crazy idea. I don't know why WotC hasn't thought of it yet. In truth, you could have up to 4 Dawns in play at the same time, that is if you make her wear her mask, as in, loose her legendary status. I love the idea.

As for Puppet Master, well, here:

Puppet Master 6
Legendary Artifact Creature
3: Tap or untap target Artifact, Creature, or Land. Any player may play this ability.
3/3
"My strings; annoying, no?" -Puppet Master

And now, for a new introduction:

Evil Laughter 2B
Sorcery
Target player looses 4 life.
Any opponent may pay 2 to have target player loose 2 life.
"Death is not made by me. It's enforced by me." -Clown of Sadness

Clown's Sadness 2B
Sorcery
Target player dicards 2 cards at random.
Any opponent may pay 2 to have you discard a card at random.
"We share sadness; we share tears, but we don't share our powers, that is for sure." - Clown of Sadness

Clown's Makeup 2
Artifact
1: Target creature becomes of the color of your choice until end of the turn.
"Makeup?" -Clown of Sadness

K

K

Azreal the Soulmaster, good idea, however, that doesn't interpret the "puppet" theme, which is "any player could play this ability". Puppet Master is like a mad clown whom tries to take over everything with his puppet strings. He was successful, until the world figured out that the strings are easily avoided. That's why it has the "any player may play this ability": it means that the strings are not just his; someone could grab them, and with enough skill (paying mana) could use them too.
Nice little story, no? :)

I posted my version of the Puppet Master right while you were posting yours, Azreal. It's weird.

C

Cateran Emperor

I like the whole puppets/puppet master idea, so how about these versions of them?

Puppet Knight WW
Creature - Knight
First Strike
2: Untap Puppet Knight. Puppet Knight deals no combat damage this turn. Any player may play this ability.
"With these strings, you're harmless..." -Puppet Master
4/4

Puppet Drake UU
Creature - Drake
Flying
2: Tap Puppet Drake. Any player may play this ability.
"With these strings, you're useless..." -Puppet Master
4/4

Puppet Berserker RR
Creature - Berserker
Haste
2: Puppet Shocker looses Haste and can't block this turn. Any player may play this ability.
"With these strings, no more will you go faster..." -Puppet Master
4/4

Puppet Enforcer BB
Creature - Horror
Puppet Enforcer can't be blocked except by Artifact and Black creatures.
2: Put a -1/-1 counter on Puppet Enforcer. Any player may play this ability.
"With these strings, you're also weaker..." -Puppet Master
4/4

Puppet Beast GG
Creature - Beast
Trample
2: Untap and gain control of Puppet Beast. Any player may play this ability.
"And, with these same strings, you'll be mine..." -Puppet Master
4/4

K

K

Cateran Emperor, those versions are very overpowered.
The Puppet Berserker is kind of broken too. Second turn, you play it, who would have saved 2 mana to at least stop its haste? And still, if they have the mana, it wouldn't be that bad, it only will prevent the Berserker from blocking.

Puppet Drake doesn't have the "or untap" part, why?
I wanted it so that if they do tap it, I could untap it, since the Drake isn't that much over coasted.

Those cards are too powerful Mr. Emperor!
My versions aren't the best, but they're less broken. Take this as an advice: when making "big" cards, make sure you have the appropriate set of draw backs, and the right kind of casting cost.
That's what I've learned over the years.

C

Cateran Emperor

We need more Angels and Vampires, god how I miss Vampires.

Urborg Vampire
3BB
Creature - Vampire
Flying
During your upkeep, pay 1 life for each +1/+1 counter on Urborg Vampire.
BB, Tap: Target player loses one life and you gain 1 life. Put a +1/+1 counter on Urborg Vampire.
3/3

Nightshade Vampire
4BB
Creature - Vampire
Flying
BB: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn
3/3

Ruya Duskbringer
6BBB
Creature - Vampire Legend
Flying
During your upkeep, each opponent sacrifices a creature. Put a +1/+1 counter on Ruya for each creature sacrificed in this way.
6/4
A dark beacon of despair for a battered army

C

Cateran Emperor

I agree, the Berserker is overpowered. I took out the "or untap" part of the Drake to keep it from having that stupid Morphling's ability for cards like Opposition, where it's not a drawback but rather a benefit.

K

K

Great cards! Very nice! However, as you may have noticed, I like splash able cards. I like playing 2 or 3 colored decks, so I try to make most of my cards splash able.

Ruya Duskbringer is really neat. I like creatures that can destroy, or remove creatures from play.

Here's yet another Vampire Legend:

Blood Gatherer 4BB
Creature - Vampire Legend
Flying
At the beggining of your upkeep step, Blood Gatherer deals 1 damage
to each other creature; you gain 1 life for each 1 damage dealt this way.
"I gather the blood of the strong for power, and the blood of the weak, for fun." - Blood Gatherer
3/3

[Edited by K on 11-05-00 at 08:07 PM]

C

Cateran Emperor

Little play on words is fun, Ruya is the exact opposite of Reya. Even read the flavor text of Reya and note the differences :D

Blood Gatherer is a cool idea, walking Spirit Linked Wumpus! You might want to make him a bit more expensive, 5 mana for a 3/3 Flyer is already good. Make him 2BBB or 5B and he's all set.

K

K

Blood Gatherer is "fixed".

I have 100s of ideas; I just don't have the time. I have a lot of neat, and new stuff. If WotC is running out of ideas, then this place is the place to be, the CPA. A lot of people have come up with many great cards as I've seen. The cards we just created are all fun, playable, and tourney quality cards! If only they'd listen.

I'll be posting 100s of cards. Those cards are totally my idea, totally unique, and totally “new”.

If anyone has any ideas, please reveal them. I love reading people's cards. Please post serious cards and mechanics, not "monkeys" and/or "donkeys". :)

C

Cateran Emperor

But monkeys rule! :D

I have 100's of ideas too, WotC can always turn to us! BTW, Bloodgatherer is much better now. Wathcing the Simpsons always gets me running!

Civil Division
2WR
Enchantment
At the beginning of each attack step, the attacking player names a color. Only creatures of that color can attack this turn.
At the beginning of each attack step, the defending player names a color. Only creatures of that color can block this turn.

Infernal Omen
XBR
Enchantment
Infernal Omen comes into play with X omen counters.
When Infernal Omen comes into play, name a creature type.
Sacrifice Infernal Omen: Destroy all creatures of the chosen creature type, they can't be regenerated. For each creature destroyed in this way, Infernal Omen deals X damage to that creature's controller, where X is the number of omen counters on Infernal Omen.

Diabolic Deception
1BBUU
Instant
Return all creatures and artifacts you own to your hand. Target opponent discards his hand, then removes his graveyard from the game.

Demonic Deception
1BBRR
Instant
Sacrifice all creatures and artifacts you control. Destroy all nonland permanents target opponent controls.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Puppet Knight 2W
Creature - Knight
First Strike
2: Untap Puppet Knight. Puppet Knight deals no combat damage this turn. Any player may play this ability.
"With these strings, you're harmless..." -Puppet Master
3/3

B)
Puppet Knight W
Creature - Knight
First Strike
1: Puppet Knight deals no combat damage this turn. Any player may play this ability.
3/3

a) Puppet Drake 2U
Creature - Drake
Flying
2: Tap or untap Puppet Drake. Any player may play this ability.
"With these strings, you're useless..." -Puppet Master
3/3

b) Puppet Drake 1U
Creature - Drake
Flying
2: This creature loses flying and gets -3-2 untill end of turn. Any player may play this ability.
3/3

a) Inner Spirit 1WW
Enchant - Creature
Enchanted creature can't attack, block, or use any abilities requiring and activation cost.
Put into play under enchanted creature's controller a Spirit token. Treat that token as a 5/5 White creature. If enchanted creature or Inner Spirit leaves play, that token is sacrificed.

b)
Inner Spirit 1WW
Enchant - Creature
Enchanted creature can't attack, block, or use any abilities requiring and activation cost.
That creatures controller gains 10 life.

Inner Activity 1UU
Enchant - Creature
As Inner Activity comes to play, put a Reflection token into play under enchanted creature's controller. Treat that token as a copy of enchanted creature. If enchanted creature or Inner Activity leaves play, that token is sacrificed.

-Just scrap this card. It'll cause WAY to many rules errtaed.

a)
Inner Lust 1RR
Enchant - Creature
Enchanted creature's power becomes 6. That creature gains Trample. That creature is sacrificed at the end of its controller’s turn.

b)
Inner Lust 1RR
Enchant - Creature
Enchanted creature's power becomes 5. That creature gains Trample. That creature is sacrificed at the end of its controller’s turn.

a) Motion Matrix 2
Artifact
The first spell cast by each player costs 2 more to play.

b) This is way too good for speed. Perhaps lower it to 1?

Recollection 3U
Instant
Search your library for all copies
of an Instant or a Sorcery card and
put those cards into your hand. Shuffle your library.
“What comes to mind, comes to reality.” –K

-This card is cool, but awfully overpowerd. Major card advantage there. Perhaps raise its cc? Or put a limit on it?

Erratic Guardian 2WW
Creature – Guardian
Whenever you’re dealt combat damage, put an Erratic counter on Erratic Guardian.
WW, Tap: Prevent all damage dealt to you by one source this turn. Use this
Ability only if Erratic Guardian has 3 or more Erratic counters on it.
“Over hurt could result in immortality.” –Erratic Guardian
2/2
-Either raise its cc or its counter limit.

Sorry im a little tired, I will look at the rest later

M

MrXarvox

Hey, when I said they sucked I was talking about the puppets..
These newer ones kick arsze.