A discourse upon the habits and self defense of the socially rejected in High School.

If I asked you how many angels can dance on your head, what would you do?

• Laugh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take offense

• Hit me

• Give me money

• Say 42

• Say As many as want to

• Change the subject

• Roll your eyes

• Attempt to hit me with a book

• Dance a jig

• Total voters
W

Wonka

Lol I dont think anybody would be laughing at me. Ill try to send my picture in by tommorow or something like that.

B

Bob

Wonka, Svenmonkey is a nerd, not a dork. Please learn the difference.

Wonka, I don't see the point in being jockish here, seeing as your surrounded by social outcasts. It's not like you can win.

A

Almindhra

Originally posted by Bob
Wonka, I don't see the point in being jockish here, seeing as your surrounded by social outcasts. It's not like you can win.
Exactly!...Take your jock strap and go where someone cares...

W

Wonka

Hmmmm..... I know the difference between both, my opinion hes both. I know there is some jocks on these boards and I know theres a lot that plays. Its my opinion I just dont like nerds everybody is entitled to their opinion.

G

Gizmo

Mis-Shapes, by Pulp

Mis-shapes, mistakes, misfits.
Raised on a diet of broken biscuits, oh we don't look the same as you
We don't do the things you do, but we live around here too.
Oh really.
Mis-shapes, mistakes, misfits, we'd like to go to town but we can't risk it
Oh 'cause they just want to keep us out.
You could end up with a smash in the mouth,
Just for standing out, oh really.
Brothers, sisters, can't you see?
The future's owned by you and me.
There won't be fighting in the street.
They think they've got us beat, but revenge is going to be so sweet.
We're making a move, we're making it now, we're coming out of the side-lines.
Just put your hands up - it's a raid yeah:
We want your homes, we want your lives,
we want the things you won't allow us.
We won't use guns, we won't use bombs
We'll use the one thing we've got more of - that's our minds.
Check your lucky numbers, that much money could drag you under, oh.
What's the point of being rich if you can't think what to do with it?
'Cause you're so very thick.
Oh we weren't supposed to be, we learnt too much at school now
we can't help but see.
That the future that you've got mapped out is nothing much to shout about.
We're making a move, we're making it now,
We're coming out of the side-lines.
Just put your hands up - it's a raid.
Brothers, sisters, can't you see?
The future's owned by you and me.
There won't be fighting in the street.
They think they've got us beat but revenge is going to be so sweet.
We're making a move. We're making it now.
We're coming out of the sidelines.
Just put your hands up - it's a raid.
And that's our minds. Yeah.

M

Mongoose Man

This whole thing is getting a little sad... I play magic and yet I do not consider myself a social reject... I have a very large group of friends and a larger group of "aquaintances" that I talk to all the time. I'm not a prep or a jock although I don't have anything against anyone who is unless they are going to be jerks about it. Just because you are a gamer or are more intelligent than the average person doesn't automaticly make you a social reject, it's when those smarter types act like they are better than everyone else because of their intelligence that people stop wanting to be around them. Also, if you don't want to be thought of as a dork/nerd/social outcast/ whatever please don't make yourself look like the stereotype that is out there, if you choose to do this than lots of people will just assume that you are not someone they want to be around. If you want to be "popular" just be a friendly person and talk to people. I agree with Wonka on some things like the fact that most social outcasts are worsening their situation by not talking to people. If you are just going to sit there behind your book/game/musical instrament/etc. and don't go out and make friends then it's your own fault that you have no friends...

G

Gizmo

Mongoose Man speaks not with forked tongue.

Mis-Shapes, by the way, was quoted as people here may appreciate the sentiment. It does not necessarily reflect my own thoughts however.

B

Bob

Mongoose Man,
I'm not the kind of geek who tries to ignore everyone. I have neutral (neither freak nor popular person) friends but mostly freak friends. I even have a few popular friends. I also don't immediately hate all jocks and preps, but the majority of them are jerks and I don't like them.

And I don't think I'm superior to most people because I'm smarter, because I'm averagely intelligent...

But no, I do NOT want to be popular. I enjoy being a freak, and I'd like this to end at that. So how about we all just shut up and forget this little argument thingie?

A

Apollo

I do think I'm superior to everyone because I'm intelligent! All of you pathetic little fools are beneath me! Now, bow down and worship me because my SAT scores are good! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

W

Wonka

See Apollo is cool. He gave a run for my money for fantasy football ended up beating him in finals. I guess you can call him a jock

A

Apollo

Geez, Ally, I told you I was sorry about that. I really thought you were making a move on me. If I had known you were gonna react that way, I never would've tried to cop that feel, honestly. You just need to lighten up a bit...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Apollo
Geez, Ally, I told you I was sorry about that. I really thought you were making a move on me. If I had known you were gonna react that way, I never would've tried to cop that feel, honestly. You just need to lighten up a bit...
Was her boyfriend there? Or did you send him on an "errand"?

(this is a joke, right? Hoo-boy...)

A

Almindhra

This isn't a joke...And yes, my boyfriend was there...

Apollo has no shame...

A

arhar

Apollo, did you just whip it out in public and ran around screaming "I am an elephant! I am an elephant!" If so, good job, buddy!

And to Wonka:

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH!!!

It's spelled "J-O-K-E", not a "jock". Yes, you're a joke. You are some 13 year old loser that gets a wedgie from the preppies and gets driven against the flagpole during every lunch period. Your sorry attempt at looking "cool" at the Magic website is pretty pathetic and indicates very clearly that you have ABSOLUTELY nothing going on in your life, and you try to feel better about yourself by going on a Magic site, in vain hopes of trying to find somebody more pathetic than yourself and belittling them. Nice try, "that guy on a baseball team".. AHAHAHAHHAHA!! Fantasy baseball, maybe!!!!

B

BigBlue

What is "Real Punk"?

And all this discussion from High Schoolers everywhere makes me feel old indeed. My 20 yr reunion is creeping up fast. Sheesh (not that I'll necessarily go, mind you). When I was in H.S. I would have fit in your Computer Nerd classification.

Back when I was a young pup, the stone ages for some here, my first computer experience was a Teletype (that's a typewriter type of terminal which had greenbar as it's paper, there was no CRT <monitor for the non geeks>) with a coupler modem communicating at a screaming 200 Baud to a mainframe. I was in 6th grade, that was state of the art for the time, and only got to do that as a "gifted" (cursed) student. I knew then what my career would be in, I finally was able to completely control something, even if it wasn't animate. We wrote 10 line basic programs which did nothing of merit, I believe one of them was to prompt for 2 numbers and give you their product, sum, and difference.

Enough.

I'm hoping you've read the Illustrated Man, Foundation Trilogy, Canticle for Leibowitz, Brave New World, Animal Farm, and 1984 (if dated now).

And for those who'd condemn Rand for classifying people, get over it. That stratification has been going on for eons, and while we'd like to think this is a classless society, it isn't. It is further exacerbated by the fact that it even happens in a school where Football is not King.

I'm not sure if it's the same now, but when I was in school they weren't band nerds, but band fags (more of that lovely homophobic youth). And did I miss the Lowliest crew? The Scrubs, Dirts, Losers, Stoners, etc? Perhaps that group only exists when you have a "powerful" Football classification.

A

Apollo

Well, I didn't know it was her boyfriend at the time. I thought he was just some guy sitting next to her, but boy, you should've seen his face. Both of 'em just totally overreacted...

And who says birds can't be jocks? You should see me at water polo.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't she introduce him as her boyfriend?

Man, none of this came up when you guys were first talking about meeting each other, you made it all sound everything was fine :)