A discourse upon the habits and self defense of the socially rejected in High School.

If I asked you how many angels can dance on your head, what would you do?

• Laugh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take offense

• Hit me

• Give me money

• Say 42

• Say As many as want to

• Change the subject

• Roll your eyes

• Attempt to hit me with a book

• Dance a jig

• Total voters
D

Darkstar

Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
...and then log on -- using any other ISP than AOL -- to post it. :p

*snicker*

..and then he ditches his second phone line and isp, and gets DSL for the same monthly rate and realizes how much dial up sucks...

F

FoundationOfRancor

While beatifully written, I think its stupid and pointless to classify people in such small sections.

People are the same.

A

Apollo

I don't know about those classifications, but that was very well written, and hilarious.:) Stick around, Rand, and write often. You can also submit articles through the link on the front page.

Oh, and book vs. fists: in my school, fists get you an automatic suspension. But if someone complains that "Joe hit me with a book!" they will most likely get laughed at. Books are an under-appreciated weapon.:)

My school is a bit odd. Most people (in my classes, anyway), like punk music, and you are ostracized if you are seen with an NSync CD (even the girls). Most people associate with the others. There is still a social structure, though, as the football team is very good and usually wins the conference. This leads to a bit of a hierarchy. I suppose I would be a nerd in these classifications, though I have a group of 10-15 friends that I regularly get together with and play cards, games, baseball and such.

Now, if only tennis got the social acceptance that football does...

G

Gerode

It is rather pointless to classify people into one definite group, but it is surprising how many people fit most of the characteristics of one or two categories. However, there will always be exceptions. A friend of mine is both an avid RPGer and a starting lineman for the football team. In junior high, there were probably a dozen people who could fit one of your classifications, including me. Those people weren't necesarily good at football, though. ;)

At my school, most of the greater nerd group could be classified as a hybrid of gamer nerds and computer nerds/geeks. Thus, many of my friends divide their lives between internet and RPG's. That leaves very little room for schoolwork, which is something that you failed to mention for many of your particular groups.

Although I am a nerd at heart, I try to conform enough that my individuality does not severely need such a null zone. I dress rather well, and I believe that the best way to get ahead in life is to conform and work the system to your advantage, not to fight it. I also maintain a high GPA in challenging classes, which many of my friends could, but do not, do. I am a wannabe computer nerd; I do not know as much as the true 1337 h4X0rz and do take care of my hygeine, but I am on par with the knowledge level of computer geeks.

I don't experience any lackeys within our group, nor are the different groups separated. Nerds of all sorts converge harmoniously at my school.

I would say the Band Nerds are a separate group of semi-nerds; many people belong to it that are not associated with my school's group of true nerds (the Nerd Herd), but are not quite jocks, either. These are generally the very smart overachievers. I would be one of them if I could play an instrument ;)

Edit: Yes, our high school's football team is very good. Anyone who follows college football would know who Marques Tuiasosopo is. He's an alumni of my school.

R

Rand

I am Arch-Book Nerd, Lackey Master, and an occasional Cardflopper myself. I was even on the track team my freshman year, though under misguided pretense, and the slowest person on the team, hence my lack of returning in subsequent years. You may not obvioulsy be, say a Nerd and a Dweeb, but a Nerd may be a flopjock and a Goth, though I have yet to encounter one. And there are those, like my friend Amy there (the Y-chromosome deficient friend of which I have spoken before), that ellude classification.

And I did not meant to imply that the Lost have no friends, or any of that. Many times, there are enough of them to form their own group, and they can be, as Darkstar demonstrates, somewhat Xenophobic, so to speak.

Yes, that is the beauty of books. Using them as weapons, you are much safer from retribution. And should Books be shown to be dangerous weapons, well, then we would not be allowed to take them to school, and that would be great relief on many student's stressed spines.

Oh, but I feel in a writing mood, if I may but fancy upon a topic...

A

Almindhra

Originally posted by Yellowjacket
Almindhra was a band nerd, too.
How she survived High School is beyond me :).
Hey now, I was an Honor student, GPA of 96.5...Boy those music classes sure did help with my grades, lol...

I was a sort of band geek, but I wasn't the kind that declared myself as one...I'm honestly good at music, but the people who proclaimed themselves as those types of geeks weren't usually that good at it...

So right now, I think I'm just a good ol' fashion Gamer...I play games everyday, and my friends think I'm really wacky...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is becoming very similiar to Wakefield's infamous article Cog and Zog...

Rand (which is TOO close to Rando, another user here):
Speaking of, I think that nobody has understood my poll question, or not found a suitible answer
You got that right. I had no idea how to answer it seriously or even humorously...

R

Rando

Yes indeed...

Rand is my evil twin from the Mirror Universe come to kill me.

You all must protect me!

He can not be reasoned with!

His blood-lust can not be sated!

Killer Joe

CT: You are smart, funny and an excellent player (I'm sure), but you are NOT sexy.

Rando: It's been awhile, but here it is again!

"Hit it, John!"
<In a screaming jazz trumpet style>
Ba-dut Ba-duh-dut Ba-dut Boo-wow!
You say Rando
and I say Rondo
You say Potato
and I say Potahto
Rando
Rondo
Potato
Potahto
Let's call the whole thing off, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
<Screaming trumpets playing so high that they're in the stratusphere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>
BOWWWWWWWW!

<in a punker fake English accent but probably sounds more Austrailian>
"Good Night!"

Only the real Rando will recognize his own theme song :).

R

Rando

It always brings a tear to my eye... :(

...but in a good way, you understand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't mean to imply Rand was RandO, just that the names were too close...

Unless they are and this is his new alias??

R

Rando

Were I to choose an alias, I would pick something other then my current screen name minus one letter.

And what do you mean, "NEW" alias? Are you implying that I have one already?
;)

R

Rando

That was just a joke.

ha ha..he...ha..a-hem.

But the spell is broken, as I already have exceeded 666 posts.

D

Darkstar

Originally posted by Apollo

My school is a bit odd. Most people (in my classes, anyway), like punk music....
They dont listen to real punk! I am the only one who listens to real punk! No NO NOOOO!

R

Rand

Just met him this year. He's in 5th or 6th grade, so I must have been cloned about age 7 or so...I don't quite know why, but I'm sure the government has something to do with it.

Yes, I did pull my name from Wheel of Time. And I come from the east to do battle with the amazing Rando!

Just kidding, that is a quote from a movie. First person to tell me which movie, I'll explain my poll.