9th Edition

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Spiderman, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

From yesterday's Card of the Day, apparently CoP: Red and Black are in also. But not the other three.
  2. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

That's almost sadistic... only red and black.... either they're going to be the best or the worst in the coming sets.
  3. Renos LeMortem Shin Megami Tensei Master

It's funny: I never thought they were ever going to re-release Kird Ape, so I went out a little while back and bought four of the originals at some gaming convention. I'd have saved my money if I'd known this was coming :D

But Hypnotic Specter, AND Sengir Vampire too, huh? Wow...I'll definitely be buying 9th edition packs, if only for a chance to get those two cards!
  4. jorael Craptacular!

If you ask me, it's more economical to buy them as singles (although I have no idea for how much the Hippies go these days, I collected mine ages ago).

You need a lot of packs to get a playset of each. If you appreciate the other cards in 9th, then it's worth it of course.
  5. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Two of my Hyppies are Second edition. They look pretty cool...
  6. orgg Administrator

Kird Apes were $1. Now they'll be rare, and cost about $4.
  7. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

This just in for Ravnica!

Wooded Peaks
    Land - Mountain Forest
    T: Add R to your mana pool.

U SAW IT ON TEH INTARNET IT MUST B TRUE
  8. Renos LeMortem Shin Megami Tensei Master

That's more than I bought them for :rolleyes:

Lowzy...independent card-sellers with your...high prices...
  9. orgg Administrator

Actually, since it's a Mountain Forest, it would be able to tap for R or G. The 'T: Add R' ability would be redundant.

Also, if you payed less than a dollar for Kird Apes, Renos, you did get a bargain. A 'rare,' even if once decent and cheap, goes for about four or five dollars nowdays. Only crap goes for a dollar or less.
  10. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

So lemme get this straight... 9th edition will be called 2nd Core set or what?
  11. orgg Administrator

12. jorael Craptacular!

Maro's article really made me laugh.

Mixing core set design and tv shows, brilliant!
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Interesting thing about Ninth... apparently the Enchant <x> type has gone extinct, it's now Enchantment - Aura...
  14. orgg Administrator

Yea... I'm amazed they didn't do the special article on that HUGE change.
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I'm betting they're seeing if anyone notices AND makes a huge fuss about it... or it might be Aaron Forsythe's article on Friday.
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

17. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

I enjoy this rules change. I think he did a good job of explaining how it cleans up the type line on ever type of card now. Plus I think the idea of local enchantments being auras has nice flavor to it.
  18. orgg Administrator

I think Mark Gottlieb could've told everyone the game is going completly digital, and he'd make it sound not-so-bad.

I'm going to miss seeing him regularly... :(
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yeah, he was a pretty funny guy...
  20. jorael Craptacular!

Good explanation. It really makes more sense this way (auras).