The Ultimate Magic Draft

D

DarthFerret

I think we already determined that we stop at Dissension. Is that right guys? (Since that is the set that was out when we started this.)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yup, we're not touching Coldsnap until a year after it's release date..... if we need to.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That's what I'm under the impression of. We COULD do 60, but I'm under the impression that it's 40.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
I was originally think 45, to reflect what most draft pools would provide, but 40 should be enough. 60 is way too much, IMO.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yes, definitely there should be sideboards. We're drafting 40 cards, excluding basic lands. I think those extra cards should be useable outside the maindeck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
turgy22 said:
I was originally think 45, to reflect what most draft pools would provide, but 40 should be enough. 60 is way too much, IMO.
Yeah, it was. And I think 45 should be fine. When you draft 45 cards and build a 40 card deck, you technically will have a sideboard of at least 5 cards (depends on how many basic lands you bring in) unless you want your deck to be bigger than the minimum...

L

Lythand

I vote 45, since thats what a real draft is. and I was planning for it. And I think side bored would work as well.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm starting to think Turgy might be more dangerous than he seemed. Maybe he should draft some crappier cards in order to lure us into a state of complacency...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Oversoul said:
I'm starting to think Turgy might be more dangerous than he seemed. Maybe he should draft some crappier cards in order to lure us into a state of complacency...
If I'm more dangerous than I seemed, doesn't that mean I've already been drafting crappier cards to lure you into a state of complacency? I really don't think it makes much of a difference. With such a large card pool, everyone's going to be picking up pretty good cards. I'm sure everyone has their own draft strategy and aside from missing out on Tinker, I've been playing mine out pretty well. The key, I think, like any draft is to determine where other people are willing to take the cards you want and get them just before. Making them work together in a deck will be a lot harder, IMO.