Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg attempts to throw a boot at Dorgath, but it sails over the dwarf's head, skips along the wall, bounces off a corner, and lands in the pit of corrosive ooze.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg attempts to throw a boot at Dorgath, but it sails over the dwarf's head, skips along the wall, bounces off a corner, and lands in the pit of corrosive ooze.
Ok, I'm confused. I thought Throg was at the back of the group and Dorgath was at the front and the corrosive ooze was behind us. If the boot missed Dorgath, it should have landed against the wall on the south side of the corridor... or sailed into the next room. Is there another pile of corrosive ooze or am I confused about where we're all standing?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
In the meantime is the mist just hanging there? Moving at all? Anything nasty popping out of it?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
“Is this “elven” mist or magic? Chaos?” Dorgath looks expectantly at the elves and gives a sidelong glance to Throg.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I think we'll need to test the mist with something that's alive guys...any volunteers? :eek:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
“Dwarven?”

ummm... are we in dwarven ruins? Its been so long I forgot 😂
Dorgath would recognize dwarven ruins and no, that's not what this is. In fact, the place generally isn't "ruined." Dorgath has been traversing these passages for a bit and I'll say that his background with stonework would tip him off to the fact that the roots didn't grow in and break into this stonework. Instead, the place was built around the roots, like the roots were already in-place or were perhaps channeled to grow in where they are. The roots are damaged and collapsing in places, but the stonework is in good shape. It's not dwarven stonework. You are below an elven city, so it's likely that that the tunnels are of elven construction. But the mist? Revaethan doesn't recognize the mist at all and is taken aback by Dorgath's assumption that the mist is elven.

Tomas walks into the room (voluntarily) and looks around.

"Well, I don't know whether it's dwarven mist or elven mist, but it does appear to be magical in nature. Hm, I think Ty is right: it's responding to my life force. Oh crap..."

The mist coalesces into the form of a banshee.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
thats what I thought, that we were in some sort of elvish place. Sooo... why would Tev be taken aback about Dorg’s assumption? Elven place -> elven mist. <shrug>

Dorgath also comes to Tomas’s aid.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty attacks the banshee, trying to keep her from keening by ripping her throat out with his fist spike and knuckle-dusters... :devilish:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 3 for this turn.
-Throg resists the banshee's Terror.

-Dorgath resists the banshee's Terror.
-Carrow becomes terrified of banshees.
-Kelgar resists the banshee's Terror.
-Ty resists the banshee's Terror.
-Tomas becomes terrified of banshees.
-Revaethan resists the banshee's Terror.

-Jekaena becomes terrified of banshees.
-Tomas casts Rebound on himself.
-Tomas casts Rebound on himself.

-Jekaena doesn't remember to cast anything.
-Kelgar blesses Carrow with Call of the Brave. His attacks get +1 to-hit this turn.
-Carrow lets loose his first shot, but the arrow fails to connect with the ethereal monster.
-Carrow deliberately readies a second arrow, but totally botches his shot.

-Revaethan charges in and slashes the banshee (35/38).
-Revaethan whirls and cleaves into the banshee with his other sword (29/38).

-Dorgath dashes into the corner and swings his axe, but he still had momentum going the wrong way and his blow falls short.

-Dorgath swings his axe again, but overcorrects this time. Oops.
-Dorgath kicks at the banshee. She's remarkably quick and evades it easily.
-Dorgath rams his gauntlet into the banshee (16/38).
-Dorgath throws another gauntlet attack, but the banshee ducks beneath it.

-Dorgath winds up for another attack, but pulls a muscle. It's right at the base of his neck too. Ouch.
-Throg moves up. He fails to hypnotize the banshee.
-Throg's Ice Missile misses.

-Ty moves up.
-Tomas raises his sword, but he's too scared to land a strike.
-Tomas quivers in terror.

-Kelgar moves up.
-Jekaena moves behind Carrow.
-The banshee wails. Tomas feels the horrible shriek penetrate his bones (18/21).

-The banshee summons 5 mummies.
-Throg resists the mummies' Fear.
-Dorgath resists the mummies' Fear.
-Carrow resists the mummies' Fear.
-Kelgar resists the mummies' Fear.
-Ty resists the mummies' Fear.
-Tomas resists the mummies' Fear.
-Revaethan resists the mummies' Fear.
-Jekaena resists the mummies' Fear.
-The banshee sinks her claws into Tomas and begins trying to pull his soul out (8/21).

-The banshee claws at Tomas, but the attack magically rebounds and she drains her own essence instead (11/38)!
-Mummy #1 launches itself at Ty. Despite the evident force of the attack, the pit fighter is quick and just manages to evade it.
-Mummy #1 cannot get a grip on Ty.
-Mummy #2 clobbers Dorgath, but the dwarf's armor protects him.
-Mummy #2 lunges at Dorgath, but he blocks it.
-Mummy #3 attempts to blindside Ty, but the pit fighter nimbly avoids it.
-Mummy #3 seizes Ty and begins throttling him (16/20).
-Mummy #4 lumbers uselessly at Revaethan.

-Mummy #4 smacks Revaethan.
-Revaethan's Belt of Ariel protects him.
-Mummy #5 flails at Throg.

-Mummy #5 charges Throg, but Throg trips it.
-The presence of the mummies afflicts nearby Warriors. Throg takes 4 damage from Tomb Rot (25/29).
-Dorgath takes 1 damage from Tomb Rot (24/25).
-Ty takes 8 damage from Tomb Rot (8/20).
-Tomas takes 6 damage from Tomb Rot (2/21).

-Revaethan takes 4 damage from Tomb Rot (14/18).
-Kelgar's Ring of Jade restores 10 of Tomas's Wounds! Praise Sigmar.
-Kelgar collects 50 gold for his healing efforts.

Next round...

-The Power Phase is 5 for this turn.

Last edited:

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Jekaena! Heal us!" Ty shouts out as takes a swig off a Heal-Itt potion and angrily tears into the mummies that are blocking his path to the banshee.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Two things...
  1. I have now color-coded the actions from the first round of combat. Not sure if anyone else besides TomB saw it already, but I'd initially left it without colors because I looked at my clock and decided I'd better immediately get ready for bed. But it's fixed now, so there.
  2. There's an updated overhead view of the board position posted in the Discord. The banshee is represented by a black circular token (which may or may not just be the token for the Barbarian that I flipped upside-down). The mummies are represented by pennies (I have mummy miniatures somewhere, but did not take the time to find them).