Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bah! Progress getting these Magic cards packed up and making space has been slow. We'll keep going with my MS Paint maps for now. But hopefully soon that will change. Anyway...

With the undead purged in this area of the dungeon, everyone is able to move around and explore. Throg finally fishes the package out of the corrosive ooze. Peeling away a protective coating, he finds a quiver with some extra-sharp arrows. Dorgath searches the wights and is embarrassed to somehow miss a partially concealed Dwarven rune beneath some of the bones, which Jekaena spots as Dorgath's search passes over it. Ty gets bored of guarding Throg while the Chaos Warrior spends another minute using fancy boots to try to pry the package out of the ooze. The stench is getting to him, so he moves away, but tries to keep a close watch, and stumbles across a fine shield. While the others are searching, Carrow finds a strange sword that none of the undead actually ended up hitting anyone with. Throg also notices that the last undead he struck down has a decomposing satchel with, it turns out, even more arrows. Between the group, all of these items are identified.

-Magical Quiver: Arrows stored in and drawn from this quiver count as magic weapons. Worth 25 gold.
-Razor Arrows: +3 damage to unarmored targets. 6 arrows. Worth 10 gold each.
-Master Rune of Resistance: Bonds to armor. When the wearer takes damage, roll a D6. On a 4+, the wearer may force a reroll of all damage dice used in the attack. Worth 450 gold.
-Shield of Deliverance: Can be used to completely absorb two attacks, then the shield is destroyed. Worth 500 gold.
-Arrows of Loren: +2 to-hit. +1 damage. Ignores 1 point of armor. 11 arrows. Worth 100 gold each.
-Berserker Sword: +1 on Berserk roll (Barbarian only). Worth 250 gold.

Last edited:

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty also finds he has no use for the loots. He'll instead go ahead and carefully listen by the doors in the ooze room.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ty can go listen by the north door.
Tomas will go listen by the south door.
Throg will go listen by the west door.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ty can go listen by the north door.
Tomas will go listen by the south door.
Throg will go listen by the west door.
Sure.

Ty doesn't hear anything at the north door. Throg listens at the west door, which is open. He hears Jekaena whispering something toward Carrow. Tomas listens at the south door and doesn't hear anything.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, that didn't amount to much." Ty will check out the room to the west as well, and (being specific) will listen at the door to the north, after entering the room via the door to the east... :rolleyes:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ty steps over the remnants of some wights as he returns to the room they emerged from. He tries listening at the door, and doesn't hear anything behind this one either.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath will hold onto the rest of the loot until someone else claims it, and waits to see which door is picked.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Erm, I don't see a sword in the loot list...Which/what sword?" :confused:
I had some mysterious web connection issues while creating that post. Weird that Mooseman saw the sword and you didn't, but I did have to go back and edit it, so maybe it was some weird timing thing. Anyway, it's there now. And it's a Barbarian-specific item.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Oh. Yeah, that wasn't there when I posted before, but now I see it (for what it's worth). Since I don't think any of us can use it it's sort of a moot point anyways, isn't it? Near as I can tell, unless someone else has a bow the archery stuff should go to Carrow, and the Rune to Dorgath. The only real debate would be for the Shield, I would think...Do we have anyone who would/could use it?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"That quiver is great.... now who is gonna lead us, since I should keep my distance to use these amazing arrows.
Leave the sword here for any other poor fool that comes this way, they may need it."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking we could sell it later in town and split the profit, actually... ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, it looks like Carrow's idea of leaving the sword behind for someone else to find later has been overruled. That's a shame, because I was totally going to create new characters from scratch to come down here and find the sword, then show up again later and somehow cause problems for the party. Oh well. Maybe next time. :devilish:

I'll put the quiver and arrows in Carrow's inventory. I'll put the rune in Dorgath's inventory. I'll put the sword in Ty's inventory. So, that leaves the questions of the shield and of which door is getting opened first...