Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

turgy22

Nothing Special
So these are worthless? I'd like to sell one. If not, I'll give one away to another party member or a homeless person or something.
Light Helm: +2 Toughness
Warhelm: +2 Toughness.

Throg will sell the following items, unless another party member wants to make a claim and trade an item of equal or greater value for them:
Berserker Sword: +1 to Berserk ability roll (Barbarian only). Worth 250 gold.
Sword of Might: +1 Strength. Worth 150 gold.
Blood Sword: During each turn in which the Blood Sword is drawn, roll a D6 for each character adjacent to the wielder. On a score of 6, the sword lashes out of its own volition, striking the target. Worth 600 gold.

After selling the swords of won't-be-using, Throg will seek out a brothel to spend his newly-earned gold.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
While the rest of are off drinking and carousing your gold away, I will be returning to the battlegrounds to hone my skills and talents.
Then I will drink and carouse and visit the sights.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Meh. He'll catch up.

Having failed to find a brothel in Middenheim (seriously, what kind of fake-medieval town is this?), Throg will go to the animal trader to see if he can buy a little ass there.

He'll also travel to the armorer, weaponsmith and general store and do some window shopping.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You know you like big butts and you cannot lie.

Dorgath will visit the Temple to pay his respects to Valaya, Grimnir, and Grungni. He'll take a stop at the Fletcher to gert some quarrels for his crossbow, visit the Armorer, Weaponsmith, and Weaponstore to see their wares, visit the Animal Trader (actually a question, it seems we've been doing well carrying our stuff up to now, have you just been making allowances for it?), and visit the Pit Master and Dwarven Guildmaster for their offerings and wares.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
After an unintended hiatus, I had intended to update this once Spidey got back from vacation, although now BB hasn't been on for a while. Well, I still haven't gotten around to it, and I have silly real life goings-on like job interviews and such to deal with at the moment. I may be able to get back to this later today. If not, I'll do so pretty soon. Probably. If neither BigBlue nor Melkor is going to be back here and it's still down to three people, I'll have to figure out something for that. I don't really want there to be too many NPC adventurers, you know?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Boo... I love this :)

Yeah, I think BB will be gone for now and I guess Melkor got bored? Or forgot? In any case, BB just joined so he could easily leave again until he ever comes back...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm back home! Job interview went well. I'll figure out how to get this moving again tonight. For now, I'll assume that BB and Melkor are both on indefinite hiatus. Might shoot them private messages again, but I work with the assumption that we're down to three active players.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm pretty sure Melkor's out. He's been ignoring the game for years. That can't be an oversight.
What I can't figure out is why Rokapoke's not playing. If he doesn't ask to join, I'm going to name my ass "Rokapokey". Yes, I still intend to go to the animal trader. Why haven't I gotten a response on this yet? I demand satisfaction!

R

rokapoke

I have no particular reason for not playing other than I haven't been following this at all. So I have no idea what to do or how to do it, but I'd be happy to participate...?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yes, I still intend to go to the animal trader. Why haven't I gotten a response on this yet? I demand satisfaction!
The animal trader produces a pair of dueling pistols. You stand back-to-back, walk ten paces, and turn to receive your opponent's fire. You are shot in the head, bits of your brain splattering onto the wall behind you. You wake up in the Chaos Temple. A daemon of Tzeentch informs you that you were found unconscious in the street, but not to worry: you appear not to have lost anything too important...

Throg gains +1 Intelligence.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I have no particular reason for not playing other than I haven't been following this at all. So I have no idea what to do or how to do it, but I'd be happy to participate...?
It's pretty easy. I make lots of mistakes, so I usually just wing it and fix my mistakes as I catch them. What kind of character would you like to play? There is a roster of official characters, with four that appeared in the initial game and the others later being sold for lots of money because it's Games Workshop that made this stuff, but I have PDF stuff with the information for all of the official characters, which are...

Barbarian
Elf (Mooseman is one)
Dwarf (Spiderman is one)
Wizard
Chaos Warrior (Turgy22 is one)
Trollslayer (a sort of dwarf berserker that seeks an honorable death in battle against a powerful monster)
Pit Fighter (a gladiator basically, with customizable characteristic gains that are kind of overpowered)
Imperial Noble (would totally win a pistol duel, unlike Turgy's character)
Wardancer (a wood elf, like the regular elf character, but dual-wielding swords and twirling around like a maniac)
Elf Ranger (misnomer, because this character isn't actually better at using bows than the standard elf; a sort of warrior/mage hybrid that can choose to focus on either aspect)
Brettonian Knight (a knight with a big broadsword, which seems self-explanatory)
Warrior Priest (Melkor was one, but he dropped out at some point and I've had his character on autopilot)
Witch Hunter (hunts evil stuff and has special charms and junk)

There are also a lot of unofficial characters that people used to create, some of which are pretty nicely balanced. BigBlue wanted to be a skaven, so his character is a Skaven Gutter-Runner (an assassin). There are a lot of other options, so if you want to try something other than one of the official characters, I can check to see if anyone has built unofficial rules for the sort of character you want.

R

rokapoke

I think I'll go with a Wizard... but just to be clear, I'm not of the Coast. I'm from the town of Menlo, just down the road from the Park.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'd join too to help out, but just like rokapoke I've never played Warhammer before...Not sure what character I'd play though...:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's pretty much like D&D; just pretend and roleplay your character. Warhammer is just a different setting, although at least it's fantasy as opposed to science-fiction or horror or something totally different :) Not sure if rokapoke's played but I know you have, TomB :)

R

rokapoke

I've played many an RPG on the computer, and tried in "real life" once with Turgy22, but I can't say that I've really played D&D... though I really enjoyed the Bender's Game Futurama movie.