Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Define, if you would, the "customizable characteristic gains that are kind of overpowered" that are a part of the makeup of the Pit Fighter, cause I'll prolly either pick that or the Witch Hunter. Is there a place for gladiator competitions in Middenheim?

R

rokapoke

"I am Tomas, son of Ed. Are there any opportunities for a bored wizard in these parts?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Define, if you would, the "customizable characteristic gains that are kind of overpowered" that are a part of the makeup of the Pit Fighter, cause I'll prolly either pick that or the Witch Hunter. Is there a place for gladiator competitions in Middenheim?
Most characters have exact gains to their stats as they level up, and those increases vary depending on the character (the elf gets increases to Ballistic Skill more often, the dwarf gets increases to Willpower more often, and so on). They also gain skills as they level up. Not every character follows that formula (the wizard mainly gets more spells and more power to cast them, and doesn't gain skills as he levels up). The Pit Fighter levels up with "training points" that can be spent as one chooses. The Pit Fighter can't use training points on Movement or on Ballistic Skill, though (he's a melee fighter, no matter how you customize him).

In TomB's case, I don't have any living Pit Fighter or Witch Hunter characters from old campaigns. I can just to the same thing I did with BigBlue and throw in some free items to make up for the fact that you're starting at Level 2 without having gone through adventures and accumulating gear. I've decided to simplify everything by making sure everyone goes to Level 2 before we proceed, though. Then we'll take care of shopping and such (I promise to get to this soon). Let me know if you want more information. If you've decided what kind of character to be, let me know the class and your character's name.

As for Rokapoke, you can either take over a surviving Level 2 Wizard from one of my old campaigns (Corticruss, who I reused as a quest-giver in this campaign) or we'll just roll you a new wizard. Your choice. Same deal as TomB if you're a new character, but we'll also need you to make choices for your Level 2 spells (leveling up is more complicated for the Wizard than for the other characters, but it's still not that big a deal). Let me know.

R

rokapoke

If it's no extra trouble, I'll roll a new wizard. And I have no idea what my level 2 spell options are, so if there's something you could scan that would be helpful.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Then I guess I'll roll a fresh Pit Fighter named Tyresius Barrabas, who's either a competitor in the local coliseum, or a traveler just arrived in town and looking for a fight...:D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Generating characters for Rokapoke and TomB. They just have a few more choices to make. I might also get to the rest of the characters tomorrow. I might not be on at all on Friday: my new employer apparently insists that I report to some medical clinic and get tortured all day in order to demonstrate that I am fit for the job.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Bump so I remember to update this thread this week (or really, once I get up today). Won't be home much next week, so I need to get on this already.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Leveled everyone up and threw in some starting gear for Tomas and Tyresius. They don't have any money for shopping, but the rest of the Warriors do. Let's see...

-Throg is visiting the animal trader, armorer, weaponsmith, and general store.
-Dorgath is visiting the temple, fletcher, armorer, weaponsmith, animal trader, fighting school, and dwarven guildmasters.
-I forget what Carrow is doing.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"While the rest of are off drinking and carousing your gold away, I will be returning to the battlegrounds to hone my skills and talents.
Then I will drink and carouse and visit the sights."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That's the training camp. Everyone is leveled up now, so I guess Carrow is just sightseeing until everyone else is done...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Tyresius is a 30 year old man of average height, has dark skin and eyes, is balding, and is well-muscled and fighting trim. Being a pit fighter with 12 years of experience in the ring he has many battle scars, and a face that only a mother could love. He is training at the fighting school, where he has trained every day of his life for the last 15 years, and he overhears Dorgath and the Pit Master conversing. Afterwards, right outside the school, Ty catches up with Dorgath.

"Master Dwarf! Can I bother you for a moment of your time?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"I couldn't help but overhear you and my master talking in the school here, and I heard you say something about some great battles you had been a part of. I'm a fighting man too, and I'd love to hear some of your tales. Can I buy you a mug at the tavern my friend?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath's attitude relaxes a little at the mention of refreshment. "All right, I suppose I have some time. Let's go."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
The two of them go off to the local tavern and toss back some ale, swapping tales of bloodshed and mayhem. After only a couple drinks though, Tyresius starts acting kind of nervous and keeps glancing towards the door and ducking his head as though trying to hide.

"I may have to cut this a bit short, my new friend. You see those two men that just came in? They're bounty hunters, known to work for House Middenheim. I think they might be looking for me..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Gah! You're a wanted man? I knew this was too good to be true, with free ale and all..." Nevertheless, Dorgath doesn't do anything to draw attention to their table.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Calm down my friend...It's not actually my fault exactly. You see, I sometimes work for the local food market, unloading carts, stocking shelves, making deliveries. Money's tight, and I owe my Master quite a bit of gold for my training, so I do odd jobs here around town for pocket money. One day I was making a delivery to the castle when Lady Middenheim asked me to check out a problem she was having with her plumbing. I've done some work cleaning out pipes before, so I didn't think anything of it, only the plumbing she wanted me to check out was of a more, ahem, personal nature."