Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

turgy22

Nothing Special
"Of course I'm not giving my humans away! Just the one. I need to keep at least one as a lantern holder, though I think I'll hold on to two just in case one of them dies. They seem kind of fragile."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"It seems getting to the Chaos Gate achieves both Corticuss and Grimcrag's purposes for now. Do you (addressing the Skaven) need any special items that we are not currently using? You're welcome to any of my spares. Once we're ready, let's go!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Now that Spiderman is obviously back, I don't have any more excuses to put this off. I'll get my notes either today or tomorrow. I've been kind of swamped sorting Magic cards, but I'm almost done with that (and then they can all sit in stacks on a table while I procrastinate on buying new containers for them).

B

BigBlue

Skullcrusher says, "Perhaps later - or if the gate is already closed. What sort of *extra* equipment do you have?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath shows Skullcrushr his extra equipment (which conveniently will be used also to refresh his memory of what he has :D )

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Skullcrusher recognizes the fallen assassin: Dark Wind, a ruthless hunter from Clan Eshin known for his mercenary ways. Skullcrusher loots the corpse and finds more skaven gear...

-Skullcrusher obtained a Skavendagger.
-Skullcrusher obtained a bag of throwing stars.
-Skullcrusher obtained Boots of Dark Wind.

Everyone pauses to contemplate Dorgath's inventory...

*Equipped - Elf-Biter, Axe of Grom: Ignores armor. Damage done after accounting for defensive modifiers is doubled. Worth 2000 gold.

Great Axe of Smiting: On a natural to-hit roll of 5 or 6, the hit does an additional 1D6 damage. Cannot be sold.
-Rune of Smashing (DGR): Ignores 1 point of armor when determining damage.

Chain Armour: +1 toughness. Worth 50 gold.

*Equipped - Boots of Battle: Allow for a single kick attack per turn at -1 to hit and +1 Strength. Enchanted to fit the wearer perfectly. Worth 200 gold.

*Equipped - Enchanted Shield: +3 Armor. May not be wielded by any Warrior wearing any armor other than a helmet unless that Warrior is Level 4 or higher. Worth 800 gold.

Rope: Breaks on a roll of 1 or 2. Worth 5 gold.

Dwarven Tankard: No dwarf would part with it. Cannot be sold.

*Equipped - Amulet of Vindication: Magic Resistance 6+. Worth 500 gold.

*Equipped - Talisman of Obsidian: Magic Drain 4+ (on adjacent spellcasters). Restores 1D6 Wounds if successful. Worth 500 gold.

*Equipped - Helm of the Dragonslayer: +1 Toughness. Nullfies breath weapon attacks against the wearer. Worth 500 gold.

Old Helmet: +1 Toughness against blows to the head. Worth 25 gold.

*Equipped - Lifestone of Ashraz: As long as the bearer is above 0 Wounds, this heals 1D3 Wounds at the beginning of each turn. Worth 1,500 gold.

*Equipped - Lucky Talisman: Once per adventure, can make an attack automatically hit. Worth 150 gold.

Crossbow of Swiftness: As many shots per turn as the wielder has attacks. Worth 750 gold.

Skull Wand of Kaloth: Can be wielded as a sword. If a hit monster fails an initiative test at 7, the monster dies instantly. 6/6 charges. Worth 300 gold per charge.

Runestone of Destruction: Can be added to a metal weapon. Once per dungeon, wielder gains double attacks. Worth 400 gold.

Lock Tools: Can attempt to open a non-magical lock. Roll a D6. On a 4+ the lock opens. On a 2 or 3 the lock does not open. On a 1 the lock tools break. 2 sets of lock tools remaining.

Firebomb: Can be thrown and affects a 2x2 square area, dealing 1D6 damage to anything in the area with no modifiers for toughness or armor. 2 bombs remaining.

Flash powder: Can be detonated to distract enemies and make them lose attacks. 0 bags remaining.

Stonebread: If a dwarf does nothing else for the turn, except stay where he is and eat stonebread, he regains 1D6 Wounds. 12 loaves remaining.

Ungrun Grunnson's Warhammer: +1 damage per hit. +1D6 damage if to-hit roll is a natural 6. Worth 150 gold.

Incense of Araby: Worth 50 gold.

Nightmantle Shell Orb: Expended. Worth 0 gold.

Ingots of Iron: Three iron pieces worth 150 gold each. Two pieces worth 30 gold each.

Sword of Might: +1 Strength. Worth 150 gold.

Sword of Defiance: +3 toughness when wielded. Worth 600 gold.

Boots of Battle: Allow for a single kick attack per turn at -1 to hit and +1 Strength. Enchanted to fit the wearer perfectly. Worth 200 gold.

Energy Jewel: One-use item with 1D6 power for casting spells. Worth 200 gold.

Tambourine: Worth more gold in larger settlements.

Charm of Learning: Decreases cost of level-up training by 300 gold.

Relic Blade: +1 to hit. Worth 400 gold.

Crude Karak Azgal map. Worthless.

Bandages: 4

Provisions: 5

Healing potion: Restores 1D6 Wounds. 2 remaining.

Grunnson Full Healing Potion: Full restoration. Permanently adds +1 Starting Wounds. One use. Worth 0 gold.

Blessed Sword: Only misses on a to-hit roll of 2 or lower. Worth 300 gold.

Amulet of Fury: Contains a single use of the Invulnerability spell. Disintegrates after use. Worth 200 gold.

Gems of Life: You guys still haven't decided what to do with these.

Unidentified Rune

Pink sapphire: Worth 800 gold.

Bugman's XXXXXX: 4 doses, each dose heals 1D6 Wounds, inflicts -3 to hit for 1D3 turns, worth 50 gold per dose.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I know. I'd love to get back to the surface and some point and sell the unneeded gear to get stuff I can actually use." :)

"So... see anything you like, Skullcrusher?"

B

BigBlue

I don't think I need any of that except maybe the runestones of destruction. I don't believe I can wear most boots. I can offer the going rate in exchange.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Skullcrusher leads the way down the stairs, into an expansive chamber the lantern can only illuminate part of. In the distance, you can see the eerie glows of at least a score of Chaos gates. Skullcrusher takes the party to a particular gate. Passing through the gate, you find yourselves in entirely different surroundings: a sewer system beneath what can only be one of the large cities of the Empire.

B

BigBlue

Skullcrusher releases a sigh of relief. "It was maybe an hour ago I left unless there is a temporal distortion." Skullcrusher leads the group through the sewers to the surface.

B

BigBlue

"Damn, that was quick and uneventful. Where are we?" Dorgath looks around.

"The sewers under Middenheim. Corticruss should still be around here as he was investigating these gates - or at least that is what he told me he'd be doing. We do need to perhaps stay somewhat hidden or in disguise as we know there is a hostile faction looking for Carrow - and presumably his friends. It may be useful to give me a message to relay to Corticruss and have you stay holed up somewhere until we determine more information. At this juncture I'm an unknown quantity to these elves unless there was a spy among the other group looking to Carrow as an ally."

Skullcrusher would go to the surface and seek out the merchants Carrow told me ought to know his whereabouts. Perhaps there is a decent (not too nice, not too seedy) inn where the rest of the group could get rooms and keep out of sight? I know these surfacers won't want to hang in the sewers.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Hang in the sewers? I was hanging in the sewers, these are just the front entry way to those places.
We can wait in the sewers, since my companions will feel right at home."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I prefer the nice, clean stone of the underground as opposed to the filth of mankind. A drink sure sounds nice at this point... hope they have some Bugman's Ale!" Dorgath votes for finding an inn.

turgy22

Nothing Special
"I don't think these underground stones are clean. In fact, I think a lot of mankind's filth may have migrated down here."