2HG Innistrad PreCons: Spidey & boogiepop vs Mooseman & turgy22

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks turgy22.

No, I think I have one card in hand but I have two on my spreadsheet; I must have done an extra draw somewhere. So I'll just not draw next turn.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I definitely only had 3 cards in hand
UUD
Swamp for Turgy
I'll attack with the fliers
Response?

Team A: 15
Spidey:
Hand: 2 (1?)
Library: 46
Battlefield:

(U,U,T) Forest x3
(U,U,T,T) Swamp x4

(U) Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)
(U) Typhoid Rats (1/1, Deathtouch)
(T) Morkrut Banshee (4/4; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, target creature gets -4/-4 ueot)

Graveyard:
Reassembling Skeleton (1/1, 1B: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)
Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)
Rampant Growth

Exile:

boogiepop:
Hand: 4
Library: 42
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUU) Island x3

(U) Cellar Door (3, tap: Target player puts the bottom card of his or her library into his or her graveyard. If it's a creature card, you put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.)

Burning Vengeance (Enchantment; Whenever you cast a spell from your graveyard, ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)

Graveyard:
Island
Mountain
Dream Twist (Instant; Target player puts the top three cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard. Flashback 1U.)
Desperate Ravings (Instant; Draw two cards, then discard a card at random. Flashback 2U.)
Grasp of Phantoms (Sorcery; Put target creature on top of its owner's library. Flashback 7U.)

Exile:
Silent Departure
===========================================================

Team B: 32
Mooseman:
Library: 47
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains x2
(UU) Island x2

(U) Doomed Traveler (3/3, When Doomed Traveler dies, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.) ~+1/+1 counter~ x2
(T) Voiceless Spirit (4/3, Flying, First Strike) ~+1/+1 counter~ x3
(T) Lantern Spirit (2/2, Flying, {U}: Return Lantern Spirit to its owner's hand.)

Graveyard:
Moment of Heroism, Divine Favor

Exile:

Turgy22:
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUUU) Swamp x4

Curse of Stalked Prey (Enchantment - Aura Curse; Whenever a creature deals combat damage to enchanted player, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.) ~Enchanting Spiderman~

Graveyard:
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Yes, I flashback the Desperate Ravings, targeting the 2 damage from Burning Vengeance at the Voiceless Spirit.

Any response thus far?

B

boogiepop

Ok, I draw 2 cards and discard (facepalm) Murder of Crows.

I now flashback the Dream Twist. Same target. Responses?

B

boogiepop

Ok, a Mountain, another Silent Departure (has flashback), and a Pitchburn Devils gets put into my graveyard.
The Dream Twist and Desperate Ravings should be exiled and 4 damage total has been assigned to the Voiceless Spirit. That's it for me.

Spidey didn't leave me instructions to resurrect his Reassembling Skeleton, but I assume he'd want to. I think he just forgot about it.
That'd be it for us.

turgy22

Nothing Special
So, Voiceless Spirit dies. You take two damage, Lantern Spirit gets a counter.
I will cast Stromkirk Patrol.
I'm going to let Mooseman respond before officially ending the turn, though, just in case I missed something. If you see any errors, let me know.

Team A: 13
Spidey:
Battlefield:

(U,U,T) Forest x3
(U,U,T,T) Swamp x4

(U) Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)
(T) Morkrut Banshee (4/4; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, target creature gets -4/-4 ueot)

Graveyard:
Reassembling Skeleton (1/1, 1B: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)
Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)
Rampant Growth

Exile:

boogiepop:
Library: 37
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain x3
(UTT) Island x3

(U) Cellar Door (3, tap: Target player puts the bottom card of his or her library into his or her graveyard. If it's a creature card, you put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.)

Burning Vengeance (Enchantment; Whenever you cast a spell from your graveyard, ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)

Graveyard:
Island, Mountain
Grasp of Phantoms (Sorcery; Put target creature on top of its owner's library. Flashback 7U.)
Murder of Crows, Mountain
Silent Departure (Sorcery; Return target creature to its owner's hand. Flashback 4U)
Pitchburn Devils

Exile:
Silent Departure, Desperate Ravings, Dream Twist

Team B: 28
Mooseman:
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains x2
(UU) Island x2

(U) Doomed Traveler (3/3, When Doomed Traveler dies, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.) ~+1/+1 counter~ x2
(T) Lantern Spirit (3/3, Flying, {U}: Return Lantern Spirit to its owner's hand.) ~+1/+1 counter~ x1

Graveyard:
Moment of Heroism, Divine Favor, Voiceless Spirit

Exile:

Turgy22:
Battlefield:

(UTT) Mountain x3
(UTTT) Swamp x4

Curse of Stalked Prey (Enchantment - Aura Curse; Whenever a creature deals combat damage to enchanted player, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.) ~Enchanting Spiderman~

Stromkirk Patrol (4/3; Creature - Vampire Soldier; Whenever Stromkirk Patrol deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Just a couple of small things:

My hand: 5
I have an Island untapped (or Mountain... it doesn't matter to be honest)

You guys have 28 life. I forgot to reduce the damage from the Banshee.

I'm going to speak for Spidey (since he won't see any of this until Tuesday) and say he's going to bring the Reassembling Skeleton back from the graveyard. It comes into play tapped.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Done

Spidey:
Battlefield:

(U,U,T) Forest x3
(U,U,T,T) Swamp x4

Graveyard:
Rampant Growth

Exile:

boogiepop:
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain x3
(UTT) Island x3

Graveyard:
Island, Mountain
Silent Departure (Sorcery; Return target creature to its owner's hand. Flashback 4U)
Pitchburn Devils

Exile:
Silent Departure, Desperate Ravings, Dream Twist

Team B: 28
Mooseman:
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains x2
(UU) Island x2

(T) Lantern Spirit (3/3, Flying, {U}: Return Lantern Spirit to its owner's hand.) ~+1/+1 counter~ x1

Graveyard:

Exile:

Turgy22:
Battlefield:

(UTT) Mountain x3
(UTTT) Swamp x4

Stromkirk Patrol (4/3; Creature - Vampire Soldier; Whenever Stromkirk Patrol deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

B

boogiepop

UUD
*Note: Spidey skips draw

I play an Island and cast Deranged Assistant. I then flashback the Silent Departure on Mooseman's Lantern Spirit. The 2 damage from Burning Vengeance will target Mooseman.
Spidey will cast Moldgraf Monstrosity.
Assuming there aren't responses to any of this, we're done.

Spidey:
Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4

(U) Moldgraf Monstrosity (8/8, Trample, When ~ dies, exile it, then return two creature cards at random from your graveyard to the battlefield)
(U) Morkrut Banshee (4/4; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, target creature gets -4/-4 ueot)
(U) Reassembling Skeleton (1/1, 1B: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)

Graveyard:
Rampant Growth

Exile:

boogiepop:
Library: 36
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain x3
(TTTT) Island x4

(U) Deranged Assistant (1/1, Tap, Put the top card of your library into your graveyard: Add 1 to your mana pool)

Graveyard:
Island, Mountain
Pitchburn Devils

Exile:
Silent Departure, Silent Departure,Desperate Ravings, Dream Twist

Team B: 26
Mooseman:
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains x2
(UU) Island x2

Graveyard:

Exile:

Turgy22:
Battlefield:

(UTT) Mountain x3
(UTTT) Swamp x4

Graveyard:
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap, upkeep, draw.
Turgy22 plays a Mountain.
Mooseman plays a Plains.

Turgy22 and Mooseman whisper to each other about what to do next.

Spidey:
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4

(U) Moldgraf Monstrosity (8/8, Trample, When ~ dies, exile it, then return two creature cards at random from your graveyard to the battlefield)
(U) Morkrut Banshee (4/4; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, target creature gets -4/-4 ueot)
(U) Reassembling Skeleton (1/1, 1B: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)

Graveyard:
Rampant Growth

Exile:

boogiepop:
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain x3
(TTTT) Island x4

(U) Deranged Assistant (1/1, Tap, Put the top card of your library into your graveyard: Add 1 to your mana pool)

Graveyard:
Island, Mountain
Pitchburn Devils

Exile:

Mooseman:
Battlefield:

(UUU) Plains x3
(UU) Island x2

Graveyard:

Exile:

Turgy22:
Battlefield:

(UUUU) Mountain x4
(UUUU) Swamp x4

Graveyard:
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
I will cast another Stromkirk Patrol.
We are done.

Spidey:
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4

Graveyard:
Rampant Growth

Exile:

boogiepop:
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain x3
(TTTT) Island x4

Graveyard:
Island, Mountain
Pitchburn Devils

Exile:

Mooseman:
Battlefield:

(UUU) Plains x3
(UU) Island x2

Graveyard:

Exile:

Turgy22:
Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(UUTT) Mountain x4
(UTTT) Swamp x4

Graveyard:
Exile: