2HG Innistrad PreCons: Spidey & boogiepop vs Mooseman & turgy22

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll play a Swamp and tap out for Morkrut Banshee and due to Morbid, target the Voiceless Spirit.
Responses?
Team A: 19
Spidey:
Hand: 3
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(U) Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)
(U) Typhoid Rats (1/1, Deathtouch)
(S) Morkrut Banshee (44; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, target creature gets -4/-4 ueot)

Graveyard:
Reassembling Skeleton (1/1, 1B: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)
Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)

Exile:

boogiepop:
Hand: 4
Library: 43
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain
(TT) Island

(U) Cellar Door (3, tap: Target player puts the bottom card of his or her library into his or her graveyard. If it's a creature card, you put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.)

Burning Vengeance (Enchantment; Whenever you cast a spell from your graveyard, ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)

Graveyard:
Island
Mountain
Dream Twist (Instant; Target player puts the top three cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard. Flashback 1U.)
Desperate Ravings (Instant; Draw two cards, then discard a card at random. Flashback 2U.)
Grasp of Phantoms (Sorcery; Put target creature on top of its owner's library. Flashback 7U.)

Exile:
Silent Departure
===========================================================

Team B: 33
Mooseman:
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains x2
(UT) Island x2

Divine Favor (EC, When Divine Favor enters the battlefield, you gain 3 life. Enchanted creature gets +1/+3. )

(T) Doomed Traveler (3/3, When Doomed Traveler dies, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.) ~+1/+1 counter~ x2
(T) Voiceless Spirit (4/3, Flying, First Strike) ~+1/+1 counter~ x2

Graveyard:
Exile:

Turgy22:
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(UU) Mountain x2
(UUU) Swamp x3

Curse of Stalked Prey (Enchantment - Aura Curse; Whenever a creature deals combat damage to enchanted player, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.) ~Enchanting Spiderman~

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Moment of Heroism (I, Target creature gets +2/+2 and gains lifelink until end of turn. (Damage dealt by the creature also causes its controller to gain that much life.))
on the spirit

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Booo...

Attack turgy22 with the Disciple for 1 and be Done

Team A: 19
Spidey:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(T) Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)
(S) Morkrut Banshee (44; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, target creature gets -4/-4 ueot)

Graveyard:
Reassembling Skeleton (1/1, 1B: Return ~ from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)
Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)

Exile:

boogiepop:
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain
(TT) Island

(U) Cellar Door (3, tap: Target player puts the bottom card of his or her library into his or her graveyard. If it's a creature card, you put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.)

Burning Vengeance (Enchantment; Whenever you cast a spell from your graveyard, ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)

Graveyard:
Island
Mountain
Dream Twist (Instant; Target player puts the top three cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard. Flashback 1U.)
Desperate Ravings (Instant; Draw two cards, then discard a card at random. Flashback 2U.)
Grasp of Phantoms (Sorcery; Put target creature on top of its owner's library. Flashback 7U.)

Exile:
Silent Departure

Team B: 33 (32?)
Mooseman:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TT) Island x2

Divine Favor (EC, When Divine Favor enters the battlefield, you gain 3 life. Enchanted creature gets +1/+3. )

(T) Doomed Traveler (3/3, When Doomed Traveler dies, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.) ~+1/+1 counter~ x2
(T) Voiceless Spirit (4/3, Flying, First Strike) ~+1/+1 counter~ x2

Graveyard:
Moment of Heroism

Exile:

Turgy22:
Battlefield:

(UU) Mountain x2
(UUU) Swamp x3

Curse of Stalked Prey (Enchantment - Aura Curse; Whenever a creature deals combat damage to enchanted player, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.) ~Enchanting Spiderman~

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Just an FYI, You don't attack a player but a team. We have been dealing combat damage to Spidey to facilitate the Prey, since any damage dealt to one is dealt to both.
While we don't have a blocker your attack works.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap, upkeep, draw.
I play a Mountain.
Mooseman attacks with Voiceless Spirit, dealing 4 to Spidey.
Mooseman plays Lantern Spirit.
Done.

Team A: 15
Spidey:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(T) Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)

Graveyard:

Exile:

boogiepop:
Battlefield:

(TTT) Mountain
(TT) Island

Graveyard:
Island
Mountain

Exile:
Silent Departure

Team B: 32
Mooseman:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TU) Island x2

(U) Doomed Traveler (3/3, When Doomed Traveler dies, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.) ~+1/+1 counter~ x2
(T) Voiceless Spirit (4/3, Flying, First Strike) ~+1/+1 counter~ x3
(S) Lantern Spirit (2/2, Flying, {U}: Return Lantern Spirit to its owner's hand.)

Graveyard:
Moment of Heroism, Divine Favor

Exile:

Turgy22:
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUU) Swamp x3

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, hold up. I thought you attack a player because it depends on their blockers, but are you saying you block as a team? Because the Traveler is supposed to be untapped and thus available as a blocker.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yes, you block as a team. I guess Mooseman just forgot to update the status of the traveler when he posted our last turn. For the sake of simplicity, I would be okay if we just left things as they are.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, no, I did ask if the Traveler was supposed to be unblocked and he said yes. So I knew he was untapped. I just thought if you attack a specific player, only they can block though. Maybe I was thinking of that variant where a player is an Emperor and he has two sidekicks.... I also asked boogiepop and he said to go ahead and attack, so he may not have realized it anyway.

Anyway, if it's okay with you guys, I'd like to take back the attack and end the turn as I wouldn't have attacked had I known that was the rule. But if not, that's okay, as I should have known anyway. It's up to you, but it's your turn, regardless.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, no, I did ask if the Traveler was supposed to be unblocked and he said yes. So I knew he was untapped.
Maybe I am missing something, but this makes no sense to me.
But since the traveler was supposed to be untapped and could have been a blocker, but I didn't see a need to block, where would you like to take the attack?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Because I was under the assumption that you attack a specific player and he has to use his own creatures to block, so even though I knew the Traveler was untapped and could be a blocker had I attacked Mooseman, I thought if I attack turgy22, it'd be okay.

I wouldn't attack if the Traveler could block because obviously, the Traveler would win unless we had some surprises :)

But like I said, it was my mistake for not understanding the rules. So you guys can allow us to take back the attack under good faith or we play on and you could choose to block with the Traveler or not. We'll abide by your decision :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No block was assigned and I knew the Traveler was available, so the attack is fine. Let's play on....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, you had just mentioned above that "No Blockers were available" so I thought you didn't know.

Conferring...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw.

Spidey attacks with the Banshee
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey:
Library: 47
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Swamp x3

(U) Disciple of Griselbrand (1/1, 1, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness.)
(T) Morkrut Banshee (44; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, target creature gets -4/-4 ueot)

Graveyard:

Exile:

boogiepop:
Library: 42
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain
(UU) Island

Graveyard:
Island
Mountain

Exile:
Silent Departure

Mooseman:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TU) Island x2

(U) Doomed Traveler (3/3, When Doomed Traveler dies, put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.) ~+1/+1 counter~ x2
(S) Lantern Spirit (2/2, Flying, {U}: Return Lantern Spirit to its owner's hand.)

Graveyard:

Exile:

Turgy22:
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUU) Swamp x3

Graveyard:
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Spidey plays a Swamp and casts Rampant Growth, putting a Forest into play tapped.
I lay down an Island.
Done.

Also, Spidey totals 61 cards. I think he actually has one card in hand and not two.

Spidey:
Hand: 2 (1?)
Library: 46
Battlefield:

(U,U,T) Forest x3
(U,U,T,T) Swamp x4

(T) Morkrut Banshee (4/4; Morbid - When ~ ETB, if a creature died this turn, target creature gets -4/-4 ueot)

Graveyard:
Rampant Growth

Exile:

boogiepop:
Library: 42
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUU) Island x3

Graveyard:
Island
Mountain

Exile:
Silent Departure

Mooseman:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TU) Island x2

Graveyard:

Exile:

Turgy22:
Battlefield:

(UUU) Mountain x3
(UUU) Swamp x3

Graveyard:
Exile:

B

boogiepop

So you guys don't have to go searching, it's posts #57-63.

I also just noticed that Mooseman's adds up to 61 as well, due to an extra card in hand. See #65-67 for confirmation.

B

boogiepop

Spidey, so you're holding two cards then? I thought it was merely a clerical error.