Zendikar Previews

T

train

I like the hideous end... nice add to dark banishing ammunition...

Even if the creature regenerates - it's a "shock" also and can get the opponent's life to where you need it...

Not so fond of the others... especially the blue one...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I like...all of those, actually. Not a whole lot or anything, but they look like balance, well-designed cards. Beast Hunt's too expensive for me to use, though. But they look like fun.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mark did say
The four cards above were selected because they were Zendikar cards that worked well in the decks they were selected for. They were not selected with the mindset that these would be the first glimpse into Zendikar and as such aren't entirely representative of what Zendikar is about. These four cards, while useful and in Zendikar, are not symbolic of what Zendikar has to offer.
:)

T

train

yeah - I'm up for seeing what comes with the rest of the set - but feel that passing judgement on these previews is ok too...

E

EricBess

So...Wrath of God is finally getting phased out? I'm sure you could make an argument for Day of Judgement being situationally better than Wrath of God, but I think that most people would agree that it is strictly less powerful. Personally, the only reason I can see that they would print it is if they were planning on swapping it into the next base set instead of Wrath.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Enemy Fetchlands have been confirmed for Zendikar.

Evan Erwin (of The Magic Show fame broke this news. He's bringing this spoiler from PAX.

New Wrath, Fetchlands AND a new free counter to boot? Zendikar is going to sell big...

Ransac, cpa trash man

Attachments

T

train

Mentor is definitely not cool... But if they had made a dwarf with an ability similar that placed "dwarf recruits" into play, and they could be tapped to give bonus attack or defense, that would be cool...

as for the enemy fetch lands - just more utility - always a fan of it...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, that's a terrible scan Ransac... I hope it comes up officially so there's a better quality... :)

train said:
But if they had made a dwarf with an ability similar that placed "dwarf recruits" into play, and they could be tapped to give bonus attack or defense, that would be cool...
It would be, but alas, no Dwarfs in Zendikar. Maybe the subsequent expansions in the block... <crosses fingers>