Your Favorite Card Nickname(s)

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Mikeymike
Howard Johnson reference! Ferret, you a Mets fan? (not that you'd admit to it if you were)
That guy? Naw - granted, he was born down here, but I've always hated the Mets...sorry :D

-Ferret

"What on Earth is a 'Met'?"

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Ferret
That guy? Naw - granted, he was born down here, but I've always hated the Mets...sorry :D

-Ferret

"What on Earth is a 'Met'?"
Bastard! You'll pay DEARLY! In fact, I'm sending you a bill for $.07 for hurting my feelings. :p

The 'Mets' are short for Metropolitans, as in the native residents of the NYC and its 5 borroughs.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Mikeymike
Bastard! You'll pay DEARLY! In fact, I'm sending you a bill for $.07 for hurting my feelings. :p

The 'Mets' are short for Metropolitans, as in the native residents of the NYC and its 5 borroughs.
Isn't it ironic that virtually none of the players are from New York?

"Que?"

Originally posted by Killer Joe
"Um-No." = Counterspell
"How many cards do you have untapped?" = Power Sink

-Ferret

"Great spell to cast when Blue's untapped: Tsunami!"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"I take it you have responses" = City of Solitude

I

Izaryo

also i like to shout "FARMER!!!" when someone is playing a fatty and i have a swords to plowshares in my hand

N

Nightstalkers

Urza's Armor: I'll just play Mr. Pestilence next turn, and with my Pro black creatures out, you don't stand a chance sonny.

R

Rooser

I just nicknamed my Master Apothecaries:

The Emperor of Fabulous, as per the Eddie Izzard skit.

T

train

If the new moxen and Lotus are reality - I've got one for them...

Bah-roken...

B

Baphuma'al

Benalish Missionaries - The Bane of [friend's name]
Cho-Manno's Blessing - Yo Mama's Blessing
Braids, Cabal Minion - the Wicked Witch of the West
Grotesque Hybrid - Ha-ha-ha-hybrid
Hallowed Healer - Hee-hee-hee-healer

Missionaries - with Cho-Manno Blessing on it once dealt 19 out of 20 damage to a monocolor deck. So that's why.

Braids - Any game where my friend played it became "Witch Hunt," where the other 2 or 3 players argued about whose turn it was to remove it (It keptrecurring with Malevolent Awakening).

Hybrid, Healer - The black deck ran 2 or 3 of the former. The white decks (yes, with an "s") each ran 2 to 4 of the latter. Whenever one landed, a certain player whom I won't name announced it with the nick in a high-pitched voice. Then we tried to give him a 5 life penalty per such announcement (We were kidding.).

N

Nightstalkers

Viridian Longbow = Here's Timmy!

When all Urza's lands hit the table = Mr. Urza's Neighborhood.... Won't you be my neighbor?

Drain Life = Sucks to be you!

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Nightstalkers
When all Urza's lands hit the table = Mr. Urza's Neighborhood.... Won't you be my neighbor?
Nice one! *thumbs up* :D

N

Nightstalkers

one of my better idea's I'm afraid.

Believe it or not, I've inspired fear with that phraise now that I've begun to master Mirrodin at its full strategy.

Nightstalker Exterra

N

Notepad

But Mirrodin doesn't have any strategy. Its all artifact and a little bit of color splashed in. You could play five color and not even know it!

"I'll play a few artifacts. Affinity. Derf derf derf."

N

Nightstalkers

I like to play Mr. Braincontrol with Mr. Urza's Neighborhood, artifact lands, and a bunch of Myr, and mainly Nim power.

Can't go wrong with a 20/1 flying creature, can you?

Nightstalker Exterra